Merrick Grain Free Puppy Recipe uploaded by Ashley Q.Merrick Grain Free Puppy Recipe uploaded by Angie R.

BY MERRICK

Merrick Grain Free Puppy Recipe Our grain-free recipes are about satisfying dogs' carnivorous cravings. That's why our natural, grain-free-formula dog food is ideal for all life stages and breeds of dogs with a focus on naturally nutrient-rich ingredients to support overall health. Easily digestible carbohydrates like potatoes and sweet potatoes offer the benefit of sustained energy without upsetting grain-sensitive systems. see more...

• I've been buying this for my puppy since I rescued her ba...1 Answers
Sarah R.
Huntington, WV
Review for: Merrick Grain Free Puppy Recipe more...
We got a new puppy for Christmas and the breeder had been feeding him Purina puppy chow. It wasn’t setting on his stomach right so we switched to Merrick and he immediately got better! I absolutely love this food. (Minus the price)
Angie R.
Aurora, IL
We literally have to portion out this food because our pups love it so much! They could go through a whole bag in 1 week if we let them. We really did our research and found this to be the healthiest choice for the price. It is going to cost a little more, but it's so worth it for the quality food your pups are getting.
Alyson B.
My fur baby has always had severe food allergies. After trying many different types of food I discovered the best dog food ever! Real ingredients!! Nothing and I do mean absolutely nothing bad for your pet in their food.
Kayla R.
Cushing
My pup has been on this for a year. He’s growing and developing like a weed and always has a clean bill of health. I love this company first and forest but this specific recipes is my pups favorite. I do feed a little under the recommended amt.
K W.
Columbus, GA
Review for: Merrick Grain Free Puppy Recipe more...
First purchased this for my fur kids but this one did not do so well for us. While the dogs loved the taste it seemed that their skin started drying out compared to when they were on Blue Buffalo which was a lot better for their coats.
Christina D.
San Diego, CA
Merrick was recommend to me when I adopted my big guy, and I had high hopes for the brand, but my expectations weren't met. My big boy is a lab/shepherd/Bernese mix. When I adopted him I was told he was 1.5 years old, but it turned out that he was closer to 6 months. I fed him per the instructions on the bag, but he quickly lost weight. I talked to the vet, and she explained that, because of his large size, he would need nearly twice what the recommended portion was on the bag! My poor guy was only 60 pounds, when he should have been closer to 80. I ended up switching him over to Blue Buffalo, and he sheds less, and has gained muscle weight.

I'm sure that this brand is wonderful for some puppies, but for the price, you can't buy into the sales pitch I was given...that it's nutrient dense and therefore you feed a smaller amount than other brands, with the same benefits. I wanted to love them, and perhaps if I had a smaller dog, or a dog with allergies, I'd go to Merrick again. For my guy that I have now? It just didn't work.
Maria G.
Review for: Merrick Grain Free Puppy Recipe more...
When I got my puppy, he was being fed Royal Canine. Not to say something bad, but the formula is full of unhealthy products for dogs. Researching about dog foods, I found Merrick. I read the ingredients and was fascinated with the quality of the product. In the front of the packaging, you can see initially that the product is “grain free” which is a great pro. Then you are also presented with the first five ingredients in the formula: deboned chicken, chicken meal, peas, sweat potatoes and potatoes. All good for my puppy. There are two flavors: the Real Chicken & Sweet Potato recipe and the Real Beef & Sweet Potato recipe. My little boy loves them both. This formula is a bit pricey, $59.99 on chewy.com for a 25 pound bag but it’s worth the buy since this is his meal. I highly recommend this product to any with a puppy, having a healthy strong puppy is really important.
Alexandra M.
Port Orange, FL
Review for: Merrick Grain Free Puppy Recipe more...
my puppy loves this food! takes his bowl when he is done and throws it and carries it around! i give him the beer and sweet potato one! i cant wait to try the other flavors
Heather V.
Maya pop love the flavors and took to it right away it was a great starter food for her when she was a puppy. We've just recently graduated to Adult food for her.
Yvonne L.
The breeder I got my Bernese Mountain dog from had him on this food so I continued to use it. He gets so excited for any kind of meals, it is the absolute cutest thing! He goes crazy for this food and I love that I never feel bad about what he is eating. I know it is the best possible food he can eat which makes me feel so comfortable with his diet. He has had his fair share of puppy problems but the one thing that is always constant is his dry dog food. He's never given me a reason to think about changing his diet and I am so thankful to Merrick for providing such a high quality puppy food!
Laurie G.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
I've been buying this for my puppy since I rescued her back in June. For months, she was doing great on it, but now occasionally, she vomits. Has anyone else experienced this with this food or is it just my dog's super sensitive belly?