Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor

by Merkur

Made with Old World Quality and CraftsmanshipMerkur offers the right model and appropriate accessories for every type, thus ensuring the best conditions for an effective wet shave. Regardless of whether you prefer a thorough clean shave or want to give your beard the right contours, when you purchase Merkur products you acquire a piece of highest shaving culture for a cultivated start to the day. German precision shaving for the sophisticated man. One of Merkur s most popular models.  This beautiful safety razor is an excellent beginner s choice.  A lightweight, long handled safety razor that is easy to use and fits comfortably in most hands. It features a straight-cut, closed comb head that fits all standard double edge razor blades, and has a chrome finish and a non-slip grip for ease of movement.&nbs.

Imm looking to switch to a more eco friendly razor but I’m afraid of cutting myself or the razor falling apart. Is this a well made product?
Has anyone used the Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor? Recently read about it online and wonder if I could use it on armpits.
Does give razor bumps?
Start your review of Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor!
How would you rate this product?
Prospect, KY
Purchased at: Amazon
Best sustainable buy I’ve made to start off my ‘bathroom eco challenge’ - I ordered mine off of Amazon (I would recommend the long handle version) - and it is so simple to use! I spent less than 10 dollars on 100 refillable blades and have saved so much money on not having to constantly buy those plastic razors
Eugene, OR
Yes! It's the 1st and only razor that 1) cuts my hubby's beard hair with one swipe 2) leaves the skin...that's important 3) dosen't cause the god forsaken razor burn that looks like he got into a fight with a cheese grater 4) the blades last more than once! I'm sold on this razor
pardeeville, WI
Love this product!! It’s eco friendly so I don’t have to worry about polluting the earth with disposable razors!! First time I used it I got my closest shave yet!! The longer handle adds for comfort and safety also!
Goliad, TX
Master Groomer Expert Level 1
Purchased at: Walgreens
I did ALOT of research before buying this razor. When you start reading you realize there is a lot of hype when it comes to razors. This razor is what shaving is supposed to be like. It is very effective. Paired with a good shave cream, it changes your entire morning and day. No more razor bumps!
This is my second safety razor. The first I purchased had a shorter handle that was difficult to use on my legs. I cut myself because i was having to apply pressure, So I passed it on and purchased this one. Haven’t cut myself once! So easy to use, amazing quality, and non-irritating. I never get razor burn or ingrown hairs with this one, even in sensitive areas. 100% recommend
Bay city, MI
Purchased at: Walmart
I bought this for my husband last Christmas, he loves the fact that you can use the same handel over and over. And the blades cost less then 5 dollars for 5 blades. Its a great deal
Sherman Oaks, CA
I was really tired of spending $25 a pop for replacement blades, and $10 for a can of shaving gel that ultimately never did a great job. Mach 3, Quatro, ProGlide; whatever I put to my face just never left my face feeling good or smooth. So I made the jump into old school safety razors, real shaving cream, and never looked back. I get a shave that's BETTER, cheaper, and the added bonus of morning "me" time while I shave (you gotta take your time with these, but totally worth it). The initial investment is a little more ($30 for razor), but a small tube of quality shaving cream lasts much longer than a can ($10), and the cost of razors is incredibly cheap. Also adds some class to your counter, which the ladies appreciate.
Tampa, FL
The best shave for your buck! I highly recommend. I have to shave daily for work and let me tell you, this is cost effective and far superior to any standard Mach style razors. Grandpa had it right with this razor and if it aint broke don't fix it. The replacement "double edged safety razor blades" cost nothing. You can buy packs of 10 for 1.25. Mach styles are what 16 bucks for a pack of ten? come on what have you got to lose? I say watch a video on it first to ensure you shave right or you might end up cutting yourself. Ihave been using a safety razor for about 2 years now and I have never been happier!
Lehigh Acres, FL
I love this razor! I made the switch about two years ago. I got tired of having stubbly spider legs and having to spend so much money on disposables! Now I only pay 5$ for a 10pk of feather razor blades which lasts me a long time since I only shave my legs every few days! It's amazing! This razor has such a nice weight to it, that it's really enjoyable to shave again! Nothing like a nice sharp blade that cuts hair like butter! You have to practice though, with the angles and the pressure you apply! Because the blades are sharp and you have to make sure you use a nice lathering cream/soap to help! Definitely recommend to the ladies and gents that want to shave the old fashioned way. Its cheaper and better results!
Wilmington, NC
I bought this for my boyfriend for Christmas after "I broke his old one"... pretty sure it was the cat. Lol. Anyways, he loved it. He keeps a full beard, but cleans up his cheeks, etc. It does a wonderful job. I've even sneaked a use and have shaved my armpits in a rush. Looking into one for myself considering how affordable it is to "pink razors".