Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor uploaded by Mike T.

BY MERKUR #35 in Men's Razors

Made with Old World Quality and CraftsmanshipMerkur offers the right model and appropriate accessories for every type, thus ensuring the best conditions for an effective wet shave. Regardless of whether you prefer a thorough clean shave or want to give your beard the right contours, when you purchase Merkur products you acquire a piece of highest shaving culture for a cultivated start to the day. German precision shaving for the sophisticated man. One of Merkur s most popular models.  This beautiful safety razor is an excellent beginner s choice.  A lightweight, long handled safety razor that is easy to use and fits comfortably in most hands. It features a straight-cut, closed comb head that fits all standard double edge razor blades, and has a chrome finish and a non-slip grip for ease of movement.&nbs. see more...

Anna M.
This is my second safety razor. The first I purchased had a shorter handle that was difficult to use on my legs. I cut myself because i was having to apply pressure, So I passed it on and purchased this one. Haven’t cut myself once! So easy to use, amazing quality, and non-irritating. I never get razor burn or ingrown hairs with this one, even in sensitive areas. 100% recommend
Mike T.
Sherman Oaks, CA
I was really tired of spending $25 a pop for replacement blades, and $10 for a can of shaving gel that ultimately never did a great job. Mach 3, Quatro, ProGlide; whatever I put to my face just never left my face feeling good or smooth. So I made the jump into old school safety razors, real shaving cream, and never looked back. I get a shave that's BETTER, cheaper, and the added bonus of morning "me" time while I shave (you gotta take your time with these, but totally worth it).

The initial investment is a little more ($30 for razor), but a small tube of quality shaving cream lasts much longer than a can ($10), and the cost of razors is incredibly cheap. Also adds some class to your counter, which the ladies appreciate.
harvey w.
Tampa, FL
The best shave for your buck! I highly recommend. I have to shave daily for work and let me tell you, this is cost effective and far superior to any standard Mach style razors.
Grandpa had it right with this razor and if it aint broke don't fix it.
The replacement "double edged safety razor blades" cost nothing. You can buy packs of 10 for 1.25. Mach styles are what 16 bucks for a pack of ten? come on what have you got to lose? I say watch a video on it first to ensure you shave right or you might end up cutting yourself. Ihave been using a safety razor for about 2 years now and I have never been happier!
Glenda K.
Lehigh Acres, FL
I love this razor! I made the switch about two years ago. I got tired of having stubbly spider legs and having to spend so much money on disposables! Now I only pay 5$ for a 10pk of feather razor blades which lasts me a long time since I only shave my legs every few days! It's amazing! This razor has such a nice weight to it, that it's really enjoyable to shave again! Nothing like a nice sharp blade that cuts hair like butter! You have to practice though, with the angles and the pressure you apply! Because the blades are sharp and you have to make sure you use a nice lathering cream/soap to help! Definitely recommend to the ladies and gents that want to shave the old fashioned way. Its cheaper and better results!
Dani C.
I bought this for my boyfriend for Christmas after "I broke his old one"... pretty sure it was the cat. Lol. Anyways, he loved it. He keeps a full beard, but cleans up his cheeks, etc. It does a wonderful job. I've even sneaked a use and have shaved my armpits in a rush. Looking into one for myself considering how affordable it is to "pink razors".
Melinda H.
This is the old becoming new again. For a really close shave,men want this razor. They take a blade, and you must be really careful. Barbers use these for their clients. I believe the merkur is made in Germany. What a nice gift for the guy on Valentines Day
Michael C.
Anniston, AL
I suffer from terrible razor rash when I use most razors, this was the very first to not cause any rash or bumps! It is back to the basics, and far superior to any of the multi blade razors. My skin is smooth and bump free! This is a must have for all men.
Eric W.
Blacklick, OH
Love this. The balance is great. It has a good weight so you can get a close shave. Feels like being a part of shaving history. Grampa had it right. Cost is affordable considering it will last for ever with little care. Blades are very inexpensive. Highly recommend This to men and women.
Sylviah S.
I bought one of these (in a set) on Amazon about 3 years ago for my brother as a #Christmas gift.
3 years later he is STILL using it.
Much cheaper on #Amazon though.
Obviously durable and a money saver compared to disposable [plastic] razors.

Because of its durability & #biodegradability I plan to purchase one for myself sometime.
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
I bought this for my dad for Father's Day--he absolutely loves it. I bought a replacement razor pack that has 100 razors with it so he changes them out every two or three shaves. He generally goes about a week without shaving and he has really thick facial hair--he says this razor really does the job. I'd highly recommend it!
Deanna M.
Does this work good?
Olivia M.
Hicksville, NY
I usually lather with regular bar soap to shave, is that okay with this razor?