BY MELISSA & DOUG

A true classic, the abacus has been around for centuries and could be considered the first calculator. This beautiful wooden toy version is a great way to teach little ones about counting, colors, patterns and more. The 10 rows contain 100 brightly colored wooden beads that slide smoothly on high-quality metal rods as little fingers move them back and forth to develop intellectual and motor skills. Sure to be a cherished gift. Wipe clean with a damp cloth. Imported. 12hx12wx3-D". see more...

Denisha H.
Denisha H.
London, KY
The abacus is a fun creative/alternative way to teaching children math. They help to keep them interested because it's so hands on and they seem to learn faster by using it.
Mayyah P.
Mayyah P.
Bronx, NY
I remember this from school back in the day! It was fun, but it definitely did help me in math. I'd get this for my children... whenever I have them.
Dali H.
Dali H.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
My younger sister has this Abacus and it has helped her so much in math, definitely good for hands on learners.
My daughter loves this toy. She's mastered counting and enjoys reviewing her colors in English and Spanish. I prefer this style of teaching and this brand is superb.
Michele M.
Michele M.
St. Catharines, ON
I love everything Melissa & Doug always Good Material, Good Construction. I bought this for my daughter. She likes the colorful beads and enjoys moving them around. It is a nice addition to our toy room.