Megabus

by Megabus

#1 in Bus Lines

Are they easy to book/travel with or are they as bad as greyhound?
I was very dissatisfied with Mega Bus why u Can't get a Refund will not recommend them to my Friends Worst Experience I have had
I have made 1 reservation for 2 people via their website, but now that I got the ticket is confusing. It says 1 baggage per reservation. I thought it was 1 baggage per person, since I payed the full price for the ticket. Anyone experienced that before? Did you have any issues boarding with 1 baggage per person (+ 1 carry on per person)?
Start your review of Megabus!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
I took it from Philadelphia to DC on a daytrip and couldn't believe that we went round trip for less than $30...it was clean, efficient, and quick!in reviews
only problem i have is their "station" where you get on the bus in new york is not easy to find and is far from subway stations in reviews
...they got us on a new, cooler bus at our first stop and after contacting customer service, received a full refund for that leg of the trip-- they really want to please their riders! in reviews
However, Megabus tries to get you comfortably to your destination by having 2 floors, being less costly than most other bus lines, and providing free WiFi.in reviews
Another great perk worth mentioning is that it's a double decker bus and the tables seating on the lower level offer extra space.in reviews
Jabez T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Megabus uploaded by Jabez T.
This company just does not have the equipment or operational expertise to provide consistently decent customer service. I'm not expecting perfection for what you pay, but nobody should be subjected to what we went through. I took the M21 from DC to NYC, with one planned stop outside of Baltimore. The bus pulled over to the side of the highway on the way to Baltimore because of "technical issues". It was a hot day and the AC had been cycling on and off. After 5 or 10 minutes, we were moving again with no explanation. We changed drivers at the Baltimore stop and after about a half hour, the bus again stopped on the side of the highway. The drive announced "Broke down" and we just sat there. Finally we were told that another bus was on its way to pick us up and our delay would be just two hours. Then "bad news" was announced: that bus broke down and it would be another two hours before we could proceed. We eventually arrived four hours late. While problems can occur on any trip, one would like to have the confidence that a professional service provider would be able to maintain its equipment properly and have contingency plans to handle emergencies in a timely manner. Megabus has neither. And if they can't handle keeping buses up and running, that reflects badly on their ability to have safe equipment and drivers. Avoid--the low prices just aren't worth it.
Ana G.
Lynn, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Megabus uploaded by Ana G.
Megabus uploaded by Ana G.
I use mega bus to go to New York with my kids price is great seats could be better but they are ok smooth ride bathroom and the space good would recommend to buy two seat if you wanna sleep would recommend have used them for every trip to New York
Marissa F.
Enola, PA
For the most part Megabus is a great thing to have around. They advertise free wifi, but in my 10 + times on the Megabus I have never been able to connect to the wifi. Overall its a nice, cheap way to get to places to see friends, go home from college for a cheap amount if you plan it early enough in time. I've been able to travel across states for $20 which is incredible. The only thing I disapprove of besides the wifi is that they changed the route I took and added an unnecessary hour to the trip I was taking.
Stacy L.
Richmond, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Megabus has gotten worst over the years! I had to use it for 4 years while in college and at first it was great, then the service started getting worst and worst! Seats are so small and uncomfortable!
helen L.
Bronx, NY
I've pretty much taken this bus only when I travel to Albany from NYC. Needless to say you can't beat their prices. The buses are very comfortable and huge! two platforms to be precises..which is a little scary but whatever.
Meredith B.
Cleveland Heights
I take busses Boston to NYC pretty often. Megabus is one of the best known "cheap" bus lines, and they generally have good prices and lots of times to choose from. The busses themselves aren't particularly nice compared to Bolt Bus and Greyhound, which both have better outlets, leather seats, and more legroom. Leaving from the street generally isn't bad at all, but if its hot or rainy its a pain. The busses are generally quite full traveling Boston-NYC, especially on the weekends. If you can get tickets way in advance, they have AMAZING prices, but often I've found greyhound to sell cheaper round trip tickets. Overall, megabus is relatively comfortable, affordable, and have tons of options but on the Boston-NYC route with lots of options, its not always the best.
Joanne N.
I used this bus to travel between Boston and new york. The deals are good especially if you buy the tickets early. I remember last year I got to ride home from Boston for free because they had a deal. So keep an eye out for those deals.
Jocelyn P.
Athens, OH
Their only saving grace is that they are cheap! They are rude and the buses are dirty. They often miss pickup and drop off times, and the company does little to address customer complaints.
Sophia B.
N Hollywood, CA
I've had plenty of mixed experiences with Megabus. I generally am travelling from NYC to either Boston or Washington DC (roughly 5 hours each on average). It's usually luck of the draw plus common sense when trying to predict how you're ride will go: weekday early morning bus rides take maybe 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Evening bus rides during the holidays through snow can easily take at least 6 to 6 1/2 hours. For the price, however, it's decent. The internet is rather unreliable, but there's enough leg room and the bus itself is clean and air conditioned. The service has improved over the last few years, and I think their customer service is better than Greyhound. In my opinion, the best bus service for its price.
Paige C.
Pittsburgh, PA
The bus i was on to go to philadelphia last winter was late by an hour and had the heat go out a couple times. Other than that it was an enjoyable ride with a nice personable driver.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...