BY MEDIFAST

• I need this so bad. I want to lose 65 pound cuz I'm only ...2 Answers
  • What is this about and does it help to lose weight? Does ...1 Answers
  • How safe is this?2 Answers
Medifast
  • "sure, you will probably lose weight because you only eat tiny "meals" from them for a few months, but is that really how you plan to eat for the rest of your life?" in 18 reviews
  • "I used the Medifast weight loss plan by medical supervision and its works a lot for me i slim down 40 pounds with this plan." in 9 reviews
  • "I was desperate to loose weight and decided to try Take Shape for Life (uses Medifast foods) because a friend had tried it an lost 40 pounds." in 5 reviews
Brinia E.
My boyfriend and I did this diet last summer and teacher ould goal weight, we have gained some of that weight back but I blame ourselves,we have fallen off that wagon big time! this diet it's really convenient but it can be expensive, we are planning on starting it again with the help of out coach!
Sharon M.
I actually really love this diet. It is very simple and straight forward. As long as you follow it you will definitely lose weight. I went on it after my second baby and I lost probably around 50lbs in about 8 or 9 months. You have to work at it to keep off the weight after but it definitely works!!!
Magellan T.
Benbrook, TX
I lost 40 pounds in 90 days with this program. You have to follow the program. If you are having hunger issues or plateau, call their dietitians. They are available every day for a reason- to help you! They've been a wonderful support for me.

And I disagree on what people are saying about not keeping it off. This program taught me how to eat, portion meals, and how to create a nutritious meal that will fuel my body. I used the products minimally after that 90 days and kept the weight off for 6 months. I'm now ready to conquer my next 90 days and knock even more weight off.

I have tried multiple programs to lose weight (weight watchers, Atkins, Isagenix, appetite suppressants.. the list goes on) and never succeeded until now. I love this program and would highly recommend it.
Courtney K.
Norfolk , VA
yeah, youre going to lose weight on medifast, but it is not a susatinable diet or lifestyle and you need to go into it understanding that. my biggest gripe has to do with the chemicals involved in the food and the food flavor (usually attributable to the chemicals)
Stephanie C.
Tracy, CA
Sorry for the rant! I have had a few friends do this "diet." I don't understand how someone can think that Medifast is actually healthy and a long term solution for weight loss. Powdered meals and pre-made chemical concoctions are not food. sure, you will probably lose weight because you only eat tiny "meals" from them for a few months, but is that really how you plan to eat for the rest of your life? if you want to be healthy, go buy real food from the grocery store (not packaged things), cook at home, and get outside and be active every day! being fit takes work, and doesn't come without dedication and some sacrifice. each friend i have that did this diet lost 10-12 lbs, then gained it back as soon as they stopped, or (since the portion sizes of the "meals" was so little) they started eating other food in conjunction with the Medifast foods and in turn lost nothing. if you really look at this diet, you will see that you simply cannot get the nutrients you need to be healthy, and are just wasting your money on another crash diet system.
Chelsea E.
Medifast advertises that their freeze-dried food is high quality and packed full of nutrients and it is complete BS. Yes, this program helps you lose weight fast, but anyone only eating 800 calories is going to lose weight fast. People don't realize how this program works. When you restrict your body of fat, which your brain needs to function, then your brain makes the decision to start using the fat that is already stored in your body. Seems harmless right? Wrong. That "energy" that they advertise that you get while on the program is actually your body being forced into "fight or flight" which means your body is constantly pushing out adrenaline. Think twice before choosing this diet. Remember, diet is temporary, lifestyle change is forever.
Amy C.
Nokesville, VA
I worked for Medifast for almost a year. I can honestly say this brand is awful. As someone who ascribes to a healthy lifestyle of eating real food in correct portions, I had moral and ethical qualms with supporting a product that is absolutely full of additives and chemicals, places members on a dangerously low caloric intake, and then charges them hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to do so. Having had a first hand seat to their sales and marketing meetings, I can also say that this company's primary objective is NOT the health of trusting consumers - it is sales. They are absolutely solely concerned with their profits, regardless of the few caring employees you may occasionally find in a center. DON'T waste your hard-earned money. Eat real food.
Luciana W.
I've been on Medifast at least 6 times to fight the same 40 lbs. The weight is hard to keep off after doing a low carb diet for such an extended period. You will lose weight if you follow it correctly. The weight will come off slower after your first go round. There is a "transition" period where you incorporate real food after eating mostly packaged foods. Unfortunately, their transition plan does not ever have you stop using Medifast products. They expect you to use them for life. The main issue I had with the diet is the restrictive nature of it. I ended up binging on food during transition. With each subsequent use the binging became worse. I tried the Dukan Diet within the last year and was able to drop weight just as quickly and it left my metabolism in tact so I suffered no weight gain once I stopped dieting.
Anne W.
Parkland, FL
I lost about 20 pounds using Medifast but as soon as i went off of it gained it all (and more) back. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand it is a hard diet to do because you are eating very limited foods and calories. If followed strictly...the first 3 days are really hard because you are constantly hungry. However, once you get into the the swing of things and you are used to the taste of the food and the amount of calories - it is quite easy. I like the pre-made shakes, some of the snacks and a few of the bars (chocolate mint and scores are my favorite). The rest of the food isn't that great in my opinion. You really have to be careful once you loose the weight you want to and really stick to a low calorie high protein plan even if you aren't eating the medifast food any more....that is where I went wrong. One family vacation and I went off the rails!
Jessica W.
La Habra, CA
I have Lost 93lbs with Medifast. This program isn't something that is forever. This program helps you get into a fat burning state and melt away your fat. Then is the transition phase which will help you start eating real healthy foods and then maintenance which you no longer need the program foods. So this program helps teach you how reboot a healthy lifestyle and stay heathy. I have done so well I started health coaching. So if anyone would like more information feel free to contact me weaverfamily7279 (at) gmail . com
Katy E.
How tasty are these meals?
Bridget W.
San Marcos, Ca
Has anyone tried their bars?
Katy E.
How much weight did you lose? And, over what period of time?
Kasey m.
Will this help loose weight?
Katy E.
Where can I find Medifast?