BY MEDERMA #1 in Scar Treatment

Clinically shown to improve the softness, texture and appearance of scars resulting from: injury. surgery. burns. acne. #1 doctor & pharmacist recommended brand for scars Mederma® Scar Gel, with Cepalin® botanical extract, is specifically formulated and clinically shown to soften, smooth and reduce the appearance of scars. . see more...

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "So I would recommend if you are desperate to get rid of your scars, just remember let it dry first!!" in 1 review
Kate S.
Lexington, KY
Just started using this product about 2 weeks ago on a scar. Scar is healing great so far! Had surgery with 12 stitches so it's not a small scar. Doctor saw it today and said it was healing great! Goes on smooth and does not burn or anything.
Courtney K.
Fountain Inn, SC
I love this product! I have a lot of scars from acne and this helps so much. It always gets rid of them. However, it does take about two months of everyday use, but it really does work. I have tried everything and this is the best.
Jess C.
Aston, PA
After my skin cleared up, I was left with several acne scars. I used this on my face after washing it nightly, & you could hardly tell I had ever had scars. Would recommend to anyone.
Venus Y.
Staten Island, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
You will definitely see an improvement in your scars. I repeat that again with emphasis: you will see an improvement. I have to tell you that the improvement won't be until you use maybe five or more tubes over five months. The tube is not that large and it doesn't last all that long. But, it is the only scar product I have tried that does what it says it will do---so for the third time: don't expect your scars to be 100% gone, even after five or six tubes. BUT: you will be pleased---very, very pleased, indeed.
Megan H.
I used a lot of this stuff (about three or four times a day for several months) after my breast reduction surgery. I DO still have visible scars but that is expected and I don't think ANY product could rid them completely! My scars are, however, very faint and my doctor was extremely pleased with how well they healed and said they healed better than a lot of patients. He didn't even make me continue to visit him to make sure they were fading correctly, because after only about 8 weeks they were so well concealed. I highly recommend this product for any surgery or other event that will cause you to have severe scarring! I think this would work well on acne scars too!
Athena G.
Albany , NY
The smell is pretty decent, but the gel can be sticky at times, and you can not just rub it on your skin and thats it , you actually have to wait until it dries which can be very annoying. I would not be able to say if it actually works because I do not put it on consistently like I am supposed to, but my scars are still there but some have faded away. So I would recommend if you are desperate to get rid of your scars, just remember let it dry first!!!
Alexis N.
Lafayette, LA
I'm on my 2nd week of applying maderma to my surgery scar and I am very pleased! The price is kind of high for me but it's worth buyin something that works! I can't wait to see the end results! I would suggest this to friends and family. I would suggest letting the gell dry then you can put clothing back on.
Ashley P.
Evans City, PA
I have scars from chicken pox that I got as an adult and I've been using this for about 5 months now and I can so see a difference. The appearance of my scars are disappearing right before my eyes! If you have new or old scars I would definitely try mederma! It really does work!
stephanie f.
Riverside , CA
This Mederma does work. I broke out with a rash on my legs arms face if left pretty bad scars I've been using this gel on my scars and it is reducing the redness and the appearance of the scars. it is a little pricey but I would defenitly keep buying this gel .
Safia M.
I think that I was expecting a miracle product. While it did not get rid of a scar completely, it did lessen it significantly (the scar was from a hot oil when cooking). When buying the product I hoped it would work fast and effectively. It does take long and diligent use, but eventually the scar lightens. I would have liked to give it a B- but couldn't so I gave it a B. The reason for the minus would be because of the price. I found it for about $25
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?