BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Mackenzie J.
Reno, NV
Been using for about a month and a half and haven't noticed a huge difference. But some difference. Will continue to use until I run out
Sarah T.
Belmont, MA
Purchased at: Walgreens
This is a great product to get at the drugstore to help with scar healing. I’ve used it a few times to help me as I am massaging the scar to break it up and it has worked well.
Terra W.
Oakman, AL
I have been using this on my scar that's on my foot since my surgery. It will never really go away but it has faded a little bit.
Jenn S.
Baldwinsville, NY
Purchased at: Target
I’ve used this on a scar on my back I got years ago and I think it’s helping even though I didn’t use it right away! You need a lot to see results so buy two packs but otherwise it’s really worth the investment!
Julia H.
Orchard Park
I used this from a scar on my face. It helped the scar fade but not go away. I reccomend but not if you want the scar to  completely go away
Ashleigh B.
GREENCASTLE, IN
It helped a little but if you have some pretty deep or intense scars it's not going to make them go away, just fade the appearance overall.
Rosie B.
Burbank , CA
Purchased at: Walmart
It has been a while since I have used Mederma scar gel. It is something you have to use consistently for 8 weeks or else you don’t see results. It was all I knew about at a kid but now there are all kinds of oils around to help with scars that I would use over this.
Megan J.
Oklahoma City, OK
Purchased at: CVS
Had surgery that required me to have multiple incisions. I applied this for several weeks after and you can barely even see where the scars were. I was very impressed with this product.
Nicola H.
Corona Dl Mar, CA
Purchased at: Target
This is a great gel I have used it in new scares and old and noticed a good change in my old scares.
Danika C.
Madison, WI
Purchased at: Walgreens
It’s okay. To be honest I haven’t noticed any or much difference in a scar a I have from an elbow surgery
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?