BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
NICOLE B.
Allons, TN
Purchased at: Walmart
It kind of works? My scar didn't feel as bad after but you can still see it. Not sure if it's a total wash because there is a textural difference
Savannah S.
Akron, OH
Smell is bad. It feels pretty gross. Dries on and kind of crumbles off. Would be nice to have something with a pleasant scent that just rubs in.
Heather M.
Willowick, OH
Purchased at: Target
This overtime will definitely reduce the appearance of scars. You have to use it religiously and after a few weeks you will begin to see results.
Taylor J.
Williamsburg, KY
mederma advanced scar gel is great for face scars. it faded a lot of mine so it met my expectations. it is very affordable and i will repurchase
Leslie M.
Duck hill, MS
Purchased at: Walmart
I first used this when I was a teenager and got a bad cut playing softball. I put this on as directed and it faded so good you can barely see it
Misha K.
Michigan
Purchased at: Walmart
I used this cream fairly consistently and i don’t believe it made much of a difference. I think it would have healed the same without the cream.
Kalen G.
Woodbury, MN
Purchased at: Target
Only scar gel used, but highly recommend! I applied twice per day for weeks and scar went away quickly! Very effective and totally worth the $$$
Brittany H.
Purchased at: Walmart
Kind of on the pricey side. I wish the bottle was bigger for the price. My stretchmarks started fading a little and then I ran out of ointment
Maria G.
Purchased at: Walgreens
I used this on some of my acne scars and I found that after a couple months they were really light feel more comfortable not wearing foundation
You o.
bristow
Purchased at: Target
recommend for new scars. Old scars, not so much. I have a old scars and I don't see a difference. But the new scar almost completely went away!
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?