BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Lily K.
I guess this product either works for you or doesn't. Maybe I used it too late but for me it just made my skin itch and peal? I do have sensitive skin. Instead of paying $$ I just use vitamin E gel.
maelani J.
Las Vegas, NV
I tend to scar after every surgery i have so i have turned to this product. And i love it. I wish it had a bigger tub tho. I get the best results when i use this
Lauren H.
College Station, TX
Purchased at: CVS
I used this for a few weeks and saw slight results but stopped using it because I was not seeing enough results. It did work better than I thought it would have
Ana M.
Federal Way, WA
Purchased at: CVS
When I used the Mederma Advanced Scar Gel it took several bottles for me to see a noticeable difference and it can be quite pricey so it wasn’t worth it for me.
Cristina L.
Purchased at: Walgreens
I was buying this product for more than a year for an scar but worked so slowly that I stopped, in more than a year I didn’t see too much improvement on my scar
Taya S.
Purchased at: Walmart
This is most definitely one of the fastest working scar gels I’ve ever tried! That being said, it’s not an over night eraser, but you can see a clear difference
Eva M.
Purchased at: Walgreens
I did not believe this gel actually worked but it truly does. After a new times of applying me scar faded away. The only downside of this product is it’s cost.
Sabrina R.
Milton, VT
Purchased at: Walmart
The mederma advanced scar gel worked well to lighten the appearance of my scars. It was affordable and can be picked up at any Walmart or local pharmacy store.
Carolyn B.
Purchased at: Amazon
This has to be used constantly every single day. Which admittedly im not so great at but it eases the discomfort i get when my scars tighten up and get to dry.
Krystalle W.
Chicago
Purchased at: Target
I have a keloid on my upper chest and I have been unsuccessful in reducing the size, this has helped a bit but I haven’t gotten the results I was hoping for.
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?