BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Olivia S.
Lawrenceville, NJ
I've been using this product for about a month and a half for scars that I have on my arm. I have a few, and I bought it specifically for one large scar that I have. I've noticed it softening the appearance of the smaller scars on my arm, but I've been taking photos of the large scar and I haven't noticed much change yet. To be fair the package says old scars will take several months to notice a difference. I knocked off one star because I notice that if I use more than a pea size amount that it starts to pull up and flake off. Other than that I do like this product.
Dilven S.
Chelsea, MA
I read 1000000+ reviews online before purchasing this product. The sum of what I got: Does not work on OLD scars, expensive & you have to use for at least 4 months to see results. Each tube is $26 (2 tubes a month). If you look at the over all total that is not worth the price. I am 2 weeks into using it on fresh scarring from surgery & I am not seeing any results to be honest. I will continue using & update this when I see some positive (hopefully) changes.  <3
Bee B.
Tulsa
Mederma is a great product to use on scars you wish to make disappear. If applied to the area twice daily, you'll see improvements in just a couple of weeks time.  The process of healing leads to the disappearance in  no time. Mederma leaves you feeling new again.
Jonathan R.
Landis
Purchased at: CVS
Seems like it works pretty well, I was prescribed this after having back surgery. Within 7-10 days of starting this on the scar it was starting to heal be to the point that it starting to peel and was extremely itchy. I started using it a few months post-op.
Edina A.
Sterling Hts, MI
I bought this because I got a second degree burn on my thigh after spilling boiling water on it. I used it for a couple months consistently after my burn healed. This made a huge difference in the appearance of my scar. It really helped and now it's barely noticeable. I would recommend rubbing it in for a minute before leaving it to dry otherwise it'll make the spot really itchy
Dani C.
Queen creek, AZ
MEDERMA worked great at helping to minimize a surgical scar I have on my upper chest. I used it after being totally healed but not waiting too long either. That helped achieve the best results. I knew I would have a scar no matter what, but this has lightened it a ton. I no longer get asked "what happened to your chest?" Dries clear, a little pricy- worth it.
Stephanie P.
Westbury, NY
I used to have sensitive skin in which i will scratch consistently. As i got older i went to specialist and found something that worked. What remained though was the scars and its a horrible feeling to not want to show your legs. I gave this product a try and it is a blessing. It really helped with my scars and i highly recommend it! its worth the price!
Soupy M.
Longwood, FL
Purchased at: Walmart
I love this scar cream . It makes my scar disappear . It is very gentle in my skin . It is a good price and very nice packaging . I love it and there is no need for improvement . I would definitely buy it again
Jessica W.
Holly Pond, AL
Not even sure how you know this works because you have no idea what the scar would look like without it.. I'd like to think it helps. I've only used this on serious scars and they seem to heal fairly well but usually still noticeable.
Chelsea B.
East Setauket, NY
I love this stuff! I use it every night before bed on acne scars and I swear before I even know it they are gone. This is will always be a go to for me and I’ll always have one on hand. The only down side is it kind of peels off your face which is why I only use it at night but that’s okay because you only need to use it once a day anyway!
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?