BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Amanda K.
Woodside, NY
Purchased at: Rite Aid
Worked wonders for a scar on my face after breaking my nose and receiving a laceration. It was perfect and painless! Truly does what it says. A little pricey but worth every penny for sure! I would use and buy again.
Asha K.
Piedmont, SC
Purchased at: Walmart
I’ve been using Mederma for about 6 months now and it has cleared majority of my scars. I use it twice a day. At night and when I wake up. It work a lot better for my skin than any other products I’ve tried.
Abigail D.
Reno, NV
Purchased at: Walmart
Works well! Used it on some scars for surgeries I’ve had and I have no complaints! Takes time to see results but if you’re consistent and continue to do it Daily you’ll be able to achieve the desired look!
Lauren P.
Purchased at: Walgreens
Works pretty well. I do wish I would have found this sooner because my scar probably would have faded more had I started sooner. Regardless it has faded so I’m happy about that, I recommend this for sure.
Paige W.
West Dundee, IL
Purchased at: Walgreens
I have scars on my face and also scars from surgery. I used this for both and noticed a difference in redness as well as size of them all. I liked that I could use it anywhere on my body including my face.
Haley E.
Americus, GA
I really like Mederma Advanced Scar Gel. It definitely met my expectations. It lessen the appearance of a scar on my eyebrow. I use it every day and I can definitely see a difference. I would buy it again !
Lauren B.
Naples, FL
Purchased at: Walmart
I had surgery on my leg and it left a big scar which I am trying to improve the appearance of by using this gel. So far, this product is gradually reducing the excess scar tissue in all of the affected areas.
Tanvi G.
Boston, MA
Purchased at: Target
Mederma advance scar gel works but you need to be patient and regular in its application. If you are not consistent you will not see the results. As scarring lie deep in skin tissues, repairment gels require consistency and patience!
Sarah M.
Villa Park, IL
Purchased at: Target
This product works really well. I feel like it really did work wonders on some facial scarring that I have. My scars are barely visible now. The only downside is it does not absorb all the way and stays a little sticky feeling
Grace W.
Roanoke, VA
I have very sensitive skin and scar easily. I’ve had a few malignant places removed and I was afraid my scars would never fade. The advanced scar gel worked really well at helping my scars heal and fade.
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?