BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Hannah S.
Gainesville, VA
Purchased at: Walgreens
Are use this for a scar on my chest. It’s seem to work pretty well. I have noticed the scar starred to flatten out after using for about three months. Have not used any other brands to compare
Charitie G.
Tulsa, OK
I can honestly say very little change in my scars. I did see a light improvement in that they lightened a little. But after 6 months of use twice a day I was hoping for something a bit better.
Claudia M.
Cranberry Twp, PA
Purchased at: Target
I have seen my scares getting better after I used this product but I used to use another one that was better because in the same period of time the completely disappeared Im thinking I’m not using it right but maybe it’s better for other skin
Adrianna M.
Olean, NY
Purchased at: Walmart
I only used this product for a short time so I didn't get the full effect. But I did use it for a month and it lightened my scar. If I continued using it I feel it would have faded a lot more.
Jamie B.
Orlando, FL
Purchased at: Target
I had the ugliest scar from an exercise bike I used this and like magic it disappeared. I would highly recommend this product and the tube lasts forever so economically this is worth the price
Val G.
Boston, MA
Purchased at: Amazon
Great scar gel. Trust the brand and I have seen results. Reasonably priced for how effective the cream is. Texture is a little runny but a little goes a long way. Would recommend to others.
Amanda A.
Purchased at: Walmart
I definitely feel like it reduces redness of your scar and helps fade over the months but the recommended amount of applications is a bit much. If all I thought about was a scar on my body then maybe....but otherwise I’m too busy to apply 3-5 times a day.
Erin R.
Scottsdale, AZ
Purchased at: Walmart
I’ve used this over the years. I’m not sure it makes too much of a difference considering the older a scar gets the more it fades on it’s own. I still feel like this is worth a shot, but it’s not going to completely get rid of a scar.
Amber S.
Nashville
Purchased at: Target
Admittedly my scar is pretty raised and discolored and probably needs much more diligence on my part, but, from the use I have gotten from it my scar definitely lightened and looks smaller
Cathy R.
Cleveland, TN
Purchased at: Walmart
If you stick with it, it may help with the coloring of some scars. I really didn't see a whole lot of improvement in my glass cuts on my hand. I had a glass explode and I have a jagged cut.
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?