BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Lea P.
Elgin, TN
Purchased at: Walmart
I have stretch marks on my shoulders, I used to try everything I could find that could possibly take them away because they used to be so purple. I stumbled upon mederma and literally after a months use my stretch marks where lightening up. Now you can barely see them!
Meshaal N.
Little Rock, AR
With regular and consistent use, this gel has completely gotten rid of my scars in a matter of a few months. I would highly recommend this! it is pricey but highly effective and it exceeded my expectations! I loved it so much that I purchased a second tube.
Megan K.
Purchased at: Walgreens
So I got a pretty good gash on my leg from falling down and used this to shrink the scar. I had heard a lot about it but decided to try it for myself. Well I’m glad I did! It started to work and now you can barely even tell a scar is there. I definitely recommend it
jenny s.
Purchased at: Amazon
I started using this product about 6 weeks ago on some of my acne scarring. So far I have seen a little bit of a difference but nothing drastic. I have noticed it is lightening the scar from the outside in. I would say so far its proving its promise I will be sure to give a follow up after a few months
Zarina Z.
GLENDALE, AZ
Purchased at: Walgreens
Had a partial thyroidectomy and had a red scar. I used this an my scar is not visible at all. I will say. The dr had a lot to do with it being not visible but this product helped with the discoloration and decreased the redness. U love this and recommend this!!
Sarah B.
Stoughton, WI
Purchased at: Walgreens
This scar gel works really well. I was a dumb middle schooler that decided it was a good idea to do the eraser challenge. In high school I decided to get rid of the mark! And it worked. It is pricey but totally worth it! I would recommend and repurchase if needed!
Koraima P.
La Palma , CA
Purchased at: Target
I can always count on Maderma scar gel to help me get rid of any minor scars I get on my skin. Whether its a acne scar, bug bite scar, scratch or even a minor burn I always resort to this scar gel to help me get rid of it. The most recent the scar the better it works.
Amanda L.
LAS VEGAS, NV
Purchased at: Target
I had ankle surgery earlier in the year and this was the first product i tried. I was consistently using it for several months and my surgical scar seemd to have flattened however ibfeel like the color intensified with this product. It was always covered and out of the sun.
Mindy M.
Mederma advanced scar gel is a great product it fade scars relatively quickly with consistent use. Next time I am in need of mederma I will get the one with sunscreen in it because son can pigment scars making all of your hard to consistent work go away.
Caroline Y.
Duncan, SC
This works!! I have an older scar on my leg and after a couple weeks of religiously using it daily i did start to see the scar lightening, and less noticeable. You do have to consistently apply it and will not get results over night but it does work.
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?