BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Kimberly L.
Denver, CO
Purchased at: CVS
This stuff works great which is probably why it costs so much I love it but for the size of the tube it is really pricey for a single girl on a budget. Plus scars give you character. But if you can afford it go for it, it really does work.
Brandi C.
This product is great for getting rid of scars...it really gets the job done! Just a few uses and your scar starts to fade. I used it several times a day after knee surgery, now you can barely see my scar! I definitely recommend this product!!!
Aanu P.
Richmond, TX
Purchased at: Walmart
I got this for two scars I have on my knee and ankle. It burned when I first applied it. I have been using it for a little over two weeks, and while the scars faded slightly, there has been no significant difference. I will continue to use it to see.
Jeanette R.
Philadelphia, PA
Didn’t really notice much progress on my scar and this product leaves a residue on my skin after using. Maybe I was using it incorrectly, I wouldn’t mind trying it again (complimentary) but I wouldn’t purchase this with my own money again.
Crystalanne T.
Mexico, NY
Just started using this when my daughter got stitches almost in her eyebrow! It's definitely lightening the scar a tad bit, but like I said we just started it is quite expensive so hopefully after more use we will see more results.
Rosie O.
Cutler Bay, FL
This product gave me a bad reaction, I think my skin is too sensitive for these types of products. I ended up getting a weird color around the scar with a lot of peeling causing it to get even more scaring, and it itched as well.
Bree E.
Kokomo, IN
Purchased at: Walgreens
I used this on a bad scar I had on my forehead from get stitches and I really believed it majorly helped with the appearance of my scar. It was pretty nasty and the doctors were even impressed with how it wasn’t that visible anymore
Amanda D.
Attleboro Fls, MA
Purchased at: Target
I used merderma advanced scar gel after my breast reduction surgery at the advice of my surgeon. I truly believe that mederma saves me from really bad scarring and I definitely saw really good results in the time I was using it.
Cassy Z.
Caldwell
Purchased at: Walgreens
I was in a serious car wreck that left many scars on my face but I used this cream and now the scars are no longer visible. I read many reviews and this is the best scar treatment on the market. It proved to be true for me as well.
Anna Z.
Purchased at: CVS
This dries the skin out so much but it’s faded my scares. I have two scars from biopsies that I’ve been able to fade. They’re over 15 years old but look so much better now than they did before. Now they blend in with my skin a bit better.
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?