BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Kristin a.
grantham , NH
Purchased at: CVS
Mederma scar gel is the only scar treatment I trust! I have used it to fade Incision scars, surgery scars, cuts, and stretch marks. It really helps yhem fade and be less noticeable!
Jenn G.
Atascadero, CA
Purchased at: Target
I had gotten severely burned at my job and was inevitably going to scar, or so I thought. Once my blisters had healed over, I started using this scar gel to prevent/heal my scarred tissue and it worked miraculously! I can still tell where I was burned but it’s much less than it would’ve been without treatment.
Ashleigh A.
I love Mederma! It has always been there for me in times of need haha! This is the only scar gel I’ve tried admittingly, but since it works so well, I don’t see a need to try anything else! Will definitely always buy this for my scar treatment needs.
Lauren R.
Newark, DE
Purchased at: Amazon
II found another scar gel that worked just as great and it was a lot cheap. I think everyone knows this name for scar treatment so they are able to yp their prices. It’s a great product but not worth price. There are other treatment gels you can buy!
Jessica R.
Cordova , TN
Purchased at: Target
While I do believe this does help the appearance of scars, I do believe for the price it’s a little much. It’s expensive and doesn’t improve scars that much. It’s not a miracle cream. I have not repurchased but my scars no longer bother me either.
Cin V.
San Jose, CA
Purchased at: CVS
For artificial scars, this product is great. Fades scars. Hard to notice them from far away. Up close you can still notice them. Applying it more than he recommended amount would prolly do the charm. Just didn’t work with my surgery scars and/or my old scars.
Kelsey S.
Chicago
Maybe it the severity of my scarring or my light skin, but I feel like this did nothing in relieving my scars. I used religiously & just gave up. It's a gel consistency which I don't love & has a bizarre smell. pass on this in my opinion.
Amy H.
quincy, MA
Does this work? I'm not really sure. First of all, this little tube is not cheap... around 10$ at least, and I can't really tell if it helps. It also makes my skin a little itchy where I apply it. I can't say that this has helped any of my scars.
Mallory K.
Memphis, TN
Purchased at: Walgreens
I was really disappointed by this version of the product. I have used the original numerous times before with tremendous success. This product was more expensive, and less effective. I noticed minor results on the edges of the scar but other than that no effect.
Amanda M.
Purchased at: Walmart
It does not work for deep or old scars. I originally used the washable bandaid looking sticky sheets and they worked pretty well. I would recommend to anyone with minor scars. They get rid of those completely in about 6-8 weeks of religious use.
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?