BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Amanda J.
Prairieville , LA
Purchased at: Walmart
I used this on some scars I have. I think it works ok. It is kind of pricey for the amount of product you get. I maybe did not use it long enough. I find the only thing that hides scars is time.
emilee f.
Springfield, NJ
I’m currently using this for two types of scars - a scar from surgery on my stomach as well as acne scars on my chin. Fortunately I can tell a big difference on the scar on my stomach it has become much lighter in color. As far as on my face, every time I put this on my chin I break out SEVERELY. So take caution if using on face but overall great scar product
Irina L.
Used this cream on a scar post surgery. It made the skin around the scar smoother, and the scar itself is now barely visible. Also used it with great results on little marks on face. Seems to work better on newer scars, but even older ones will still dissolve a bit.
Nikkikkins G.
Shreveport, LA
Purchased at: Walmart
This doesn’t work for old or raised scars. BUT if I quickly put this on cat scratches as soon as they’re healed, it works great for preventing scars. Now I can play with kitty and not worry about battle scars
Eli C.
Roseville
Purchased at: Target
I felt like this product worked pretty well with my new scars. It doesn’t take them away completely but it does help fade them pretty well. It’s also affordable so that’s always a good thing .
stephanie A.
San Bernardino, CA
It's a bit oily but it rubs in easily and smells okay. It slightly lightened up a scar I got from a dog bite, but not as much as I was hoping it would considering that it was a new scar. I will say that it did work to help fade a mark from a mosquito bite my son had on his cheek, so maybe it does work just for more minor marks. Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel
Alyssa L.
Jacksonville, FL
I recently had a melanoma removed, and the surgery left a 4" long side on my left hip. I got the stitches out about a week and a half ago, and have been using the Mederma Advanced Scar Gel once daily (sometimes twice, if it feels dry) and so far it has been healing very well. I will check back here in a couple months to follow up on how the scar has faded.
Taylor W.
Raleigh, NC
Purchased at: Amazon
Love this scar gel! It faded my surgery scars in just a matter of weeks and you can hardly notice them now. I buy this on amazon as it is much cheaper than in the pharmacy or target. Love it!
Martha J.
Candor, NC
Purchased at: CVS
I have a huge scar on my left knee resulting from a accident I had as a child i tried several products with no luck, I was told to try Mederma by a family member and I'm so happy i did within 2 weeks I noticed my scar was going away!!
Scarlett B.
Purchased at: Walgreens
I got to use Mederma after a fall, and was afraid of the scar it would leave on my face. I used it per the directions, and it really helped to make the scar smoother. You can barely see it!
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?