BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Amy L.
Denver
I use this product a lot my son has autism and he keeps licking his lips so much it is causing scarring. This product has totally help this situation and keeps his lips from scaring for life.
Paris J.
Metairie, LA
Purchased at: Target
I used this for dark spots a while back and it was great. It actually works compared to everything else. I used this every night after showing and started seeing results the next week.
Amie W.
Calera, AL
Purchased at: Walmart
I have a pretty gnarly surgical scar on my arm and used a tube of this with absolutely no change whatsoever. I know it takes a ton of time to see drastic changes but it did nothing for me. A little pricey too!
Karla R.
Purchased at: CVS
Amazing product, you put it on and it dries in a few minutes, it’s a little bit on the pricey side but totally worth it, and since I’ve used it I’ve seen that it has lighten up my scars. Very satisfied
Christina D.
Georges mills, NH
Purchased at: Walmart
I’ve used this product a couple times throughout my life and always been pleased. I had keloids from an eyebrow piercing that persisted for months, and Mederma took care of them. It’s also super helpful when acne scarring just won’t go away, this makes my skin look baby new.
Liz A.
This gel is wonderful for scar prevention!!! I love it! Everything I have used it for has faded in no time!
Alyxus M.
Los Banos
I love this product best product ever took all my scars away I highly recommend this everyone helps take away scars
Elizabeth p.
Huntsville, AL
Purchased at: Amazon
Love this! Recently had my gallbladder removed (4 tiny incisions on my abdomen) this has significantly reduced the appearance of the scars and 2 of them aren’t even visible anymore!
Hannah H.
Vallejo, CA
Purchased at: Walmart
It is hard to tell whether this stuff really works or not because I honestly am really bad about applying it daily like I am supposed to! Lol I can’t give it a bad rating since I don’t know...I’ve heard good things about it and I really want to try it out to see if I’m successful with the results! It isn’t cheap stuff so I want to use the stuff I have to see if it really works since I bought it and it’s just sitting not going to work if you apply it here and there sporadically.
Carolyn H.
Garden Grove, ca
I like this product because it heals scars very effectively, however, it transfers because it's a gel and does not dry down much so I would only recommend to wear it to sleep when you're not moving around or under a bandage. Effective product though for old and new scars.
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?