BY MEDERMA #3 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Jess N.
Fairfax
Purchased at: Walmart
Had a huge cut on my hand that required stitches. As soon as I was able to use Mederma on it, I immediately started applying as directed. Within a few weeks, my would have been scar started to fade. Now it’s not even noticeable unless I’m super tan or look closely at the spot.
Stacey K.
Mentor, OH
Purchased at: Walgreens
Easy application seemed to have helped heal my scar flat and prevented discoloration of it. Also kept the scar tissue moisturizer to prevent stretching and increasing the sized of it. I would recommend this for post surgery scarring but consult with your physician of course!
Ramona S.
Purchased at: Bed Bath & Beyond
Been using this for about a month on a mild burn I got from a curling iron.. haven’t seen much improvement on the scar, definitely a lot less than I expected and would’ve liked. I’ve been using it on some other smaller acne scars and it seems to have faded them a little though.
April D.
Purchased at: Walmart
This product is great for softening scars over time and lightly fading. This product must be used daily to see any notable difference, if any at all. Do I think it works better than other alternatives? No. Do I think it makes a substantial difference in scar appearance, no?
Maya S.
es un gel para uso diario formulado para ayudar a reducir la apariencia de cicatrices viejas y nuevas. Entre sus ingredientes activos contiene alantoína 0.5%, agua purificada, PEG 200, alcohol, goma xantham, allium cepa, extracto lecitina, Metilparabeno, Ácido Sórbico, Pantenol, y Sodio Hialuronato.
Jessica C.
Purchased at: Walmart
It works well you just have to be consistent with it. It’s the only one I’ve ever tried and I don’t feel the need to try any others. As long as you apply apply apply it should work. If you have a deep scar it may not make it go away completely but it will make it lighten
Richelle S.
Brownsville, PA
I didnt really see any change while using this product. It didnt amaze me or change my life plus its pricey for such a small tube. Definitely will not repurchase.
Dara S.
dallas
Works great! I had to have a disc replacement and hysterectomy among other surgeries, and I literally have no scars. I don’t even use it as often as directed! I used in the past for breast augmentation and again, NO scarring! Partly genetecs, but this definitely helped!
Erin N.
Purchased at: Target
Mederma worked wonders overnight! I burned a finger on my left hand right after I got engaged and mederma healed that scar within days! You can barely see where the burn used to be. Now I can have the cute engagement pictures I’ve always wanted. I would totally recommend Mederma!
Hannah M.
Reno, NV
As much as I wanted better results.. I didn't get them. My skin scars easily so something to fix that would have been a miracle. There is definitely room for improvements for Mederma and I hope I can try it again and have a better experience in the future!
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?