Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars.1 It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor2 and pharmacist3-recommended scar care brand.

Directions:

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

Does this work better than mederma pm?
Does this product help with acne scars[product:mederma-advanced-scar-gel] ?
I have acne scars and hyperpigmentation do I need two different products to fade both?
Start your review of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel!
Rosie N.
Lowell, MA
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Rosie N.
Purchased at: CVS
As far as scar gel goes, this is my favorite! I’m prone to cuts so it helps to have this in my cabinet to reduce the appearance of most scars. It does not completely remove major scarring but for little one, it eventually disappears. And for stretch marks, it reduces the coloring but does not remove indented streaks. The scent is not overwhelming in any way so I didn’t really notice it. The gel texture makes it easy to rub on to any area with scars including stretch mark and it quickly absorbs into the skin. After applying it once a day, you really could see the improvements after 6-8 weeks. I don’t expect any product to work instantly and earliest at 6 weeks isn’t bad at all. It is about $26 but it lasted pretty long. I will be buying this again.
Erin C.
Delmar, DE
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Erin C.
I had a disc replaced in my neck and it left a scar on the front of my neck. Once it healed, I used this every day for a few months. Now you can't even see the scar unless you look really closely. I'm so relieved at the difference it made!
Emily F.
Delaware, OH
This helped really well with surgery scars. It didn’t take them completely away but it softened them enough that they are barely noticeable. I used it immediately after I got the doctors okay to try treatments on the scars.
Carlina B.
Brooklyn, NY
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Carlina B.
I’ll forever be indebted to Mederma for clearing away my facial stitches. You can’t even tell I had stitches on my face. It’s a long tedious process but it did what had to be done In about 4-6 months of consistency.
Lellianne C.
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Lellianne C.
Purchased at: Target
I feel it working a tad bit, but I am such a bad keloid former I don’t think any product will work to dramatically alter the appearance of my scars. This may be more effective for newer scars. Overall, satisfied with this product and I am glad I gave it a try. I will use this in the future if needed.
Angelica O.
Apple Valley, CA
Although this product didn’t work to well on me it has for a lot of family members I know who have recommended:) they used it and I’ve seen their results and it does work fast and handles the situation
Nishel’le D.
Winter Park, FL
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Nishel’le D.
This is definitely my go to product for scar treatment. It helps heal my skin and lighten scars. I got surgery a few years ago and I’m sure that without this gel it would not have healed as well.
Dannielle C.
Monroe, GA
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Dannielle C.
I used this product following my thyroid removal surgery, which left me looking like my throat had been cut, then stapled. It was sooo ugly!! Thanks to daily use of mederma, inside a few months it had faded to the finest of silvery lines, barely noticeable when I wear makeup. If you look closely in some of the pics on my profile, you can barely see the faint scar in the center of my throat. It used to look like my head had been re-attached. 10/10 would recommend, and would definitely use again.
Topaz C.
It is a very good scar cream! It doesn't have a strong scent which is nice! It is very creamy. It works, but you have to be consistent. I do recommend this to help heal scar's and reduce their appearance. The scar does qppear less noticeable. Pair it with arnica that will also help.
Zaylaa H.
Orange County
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Zaylaa H.
I had a minor surgery in 2019 that left me with 3 small scars. I have used Mederma daily since the wound healed. I also don't expose this area to the sunlight. I know scars take a LONG time to fade. It's been almost 2 years and I haven't seen much improvement, but I still use it daily hoping that over more time it will help. If someone has a better recommendation then I'm open. Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel

131 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Chelsea T.
Sanford, FL
il y a 5 mois
Kris H. il y a 3 mois
It did seem to fade my surgery scars a little bit but I used it very early on. I have read that it doesn’t work as well on older scars
Chelsea T.
Sanford, FL
il y a 5 mois
Vicki M. il y a 2 mois
I haven’t used it on acne scars. I tried using it on a surgical scar and it didn’t do anything for that