Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars.1 It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor2 and pharmacist3-recommended scar care brand.

Directions:

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

Has anyone experienced discomfort the day after using this?
Is this effective for scars that are still have inflammation?
How long until I see visible results ?
Start your review of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel!
Rosie N.
Lowell, MA
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Rosie N.
Purchased at: CVS
As far as scar gel goes, this is my favorite! I’m prone to cuts so it helps to have this in my cabinet to reduce the appearance of most scars. It does not completely remove major scarring but for little one, it eventually disappears. And for stretch marks, it reduces the coloring but does not remove indented streaks. The scent is not overwhelming in any way so I didn’t really notice it. The gel texture makes it easy to rub on to any area with scars including stretch mark and it quickly absorbs into the skin. After applying it once a day, you really could see the improvements after 6-8 weeks. I don’t expect any product to work instantly and earliest at 6 weeks isn’t bad at all. It is about $26 but it lasted pretty long. I will be buying this again.
Rebecca D.
Baton Rouge, LA
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Rebecca D.
Purchased at: Target
This is a great product to use on old and new scars. You won’t see results overnight, but with continued use you will see great results. I’ve used this product on two acne scars that I’ve had on my forehead for years, I had tried almost everything to fade the scars. This product smoothed out the scars and lightened and faded them and you cannot tell there were ever scars on my face. I will always use this for any new scars that I may get.
Erin C.
Delmar, DE
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Erin C.
I had a disc replaced in my neck and it left a scar on the front of my neck. Once it healed, I used this every day for a few months. Now you can't even see the scar unless you look really closely. I'm so relieved at the difference it made!
Emily  F.
Delaware, OH
This helped really well with surgery scars. It didn’t take them completely away but it softened them enough that they are barely noticeable. I used it immediately after I got the doctors okay to try treatments on the scars.
Aubrey R.
Ankeny, IA
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Aubrey R.
Purchased at: Target
Worked great on my upper lip! Had a mole removed and had two stitches. You can’t even tell I had anything done in that spot
Carol  K.
Fresno, CA
Mederma is prob your best scar eraser out! That’s why all the doctors recommend that u use that after any surgeries, stitches, etc! It’s a lil pricey but worth it! You have to be diligent in putting in on daily! You will definitely see results and scars fade!
Emma K.
Austin
Been using this for a few weeks after my surgery and scars have drastically gone down. Cant wait till they’ll almost gone!
Carlina B.
Brooklyn, NY
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Carlina B.
I’ll forever be indebted to Mederma for clearing away my facial stitches. You can’t even tell I had stitches on my face. It’s a long tedious process but it did what had to be done In about 4-6 months of consistency.
Lellianne C.
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel uploaded by Lellianne C.
Purchased at: Target
I feel it working a tad bit, but I am such a bad keloid former I don’t think any product will work to dramatically alter the appearance of my scars. This may be more effective for newer scars. Overall, satisfied with this product and I am glad I gave it a try. I will use this in the future if needed.
Angelica O.
Apple Valley, CA
Although this product didn’t work to well on me it has for a lot of family members I know who have recommended:) they used it and I’ve seen their results and it does work fast and handles the situation

134 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Monica L.
Huntington Pk, CA
il y a 5 mois
Archita P. il y a 4 mois
Yes! It helped with mine.