BY MEDERMA #2 in Scar Treatment

Take charge of your skincare with Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. It’s a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of scars. It works for many types of scars old and new, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And, Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist-recommended scar care brand.

Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma®immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.

A LITTLE MEDERMA® ADVANCED GOES A LONG WAY

Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet, or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma®Advanced Scar Gel, you may be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.

Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50-gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20-gram tube in the first aid aisle.

WARNINGS

• For external use only.

• When using this product, do not get into eyes.

• Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.

• Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.

• Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

• How long did it took for you to see a difference?1 Answers
  • Will this cream help me with an old surgery scar?1 Answers
  • I was at my local walmart today looking for this and coul...1 Answers
Ane K.
One word, effective. I suffered from acne scars and it kinda made my face look like it still had acne when it really didn't. I searched for effective scar creams and gels before i bought anything because I didnt want to waste money and came across the best two sellers: Mederma Advanced Scar Gel and Amara Organics Retinol Serum. I bought both of them and tried each one seperately for a month. The Amara Serum is great, it gives a glow and decreases the chances of your face breaking. It reduces the apperance of scars, but requires paitences because its s l o w. I had no paitence so I started using Mederma and I used both of these products at night because the skin rejuvenates at night and the product works well. Mederma worked from the first night you guys. The 3rd day i can already see that my scars are almost not there. So I started using it on my old scars and it hasn't disappointed me. I'm so happy with Mederma and I highly recommend it.
Maggie K.
Fairfax, VA
This has always been a go-to for my various scars (I have many). It's undoubtedly effective, and I love that you only have to use this formula once a day. Don't rub the skin much after it dries, though, because it will clump up and rub off. My only cons are the smell (like garlic, which I think is an ingredient, but it's not very strong) and the price - it's expensive for a tiny tube, especially when your scars cover a large area like mine.
Sydnee A.
Edina, MN
I have had mixed reviews when it comes to this product. A friend and I used this product for light scaring when I was younger and it worked great for the both of us! But as I have continued to use this product throughout the years, I think that it works much better on light scarring than it does on serious scars. I have had success using this product on multiple occasions, so yes I would recommend this product to the next person.
Kayla W.
I had surgery and was recommended this product by my doctor to help with scarring. While this didn't get rid of my scars completely, it did lighten them up a lot. The newer the scars are, the better this works. It will also work on older scars but will take more time to get rid of them. This product is rather expensive, so it depends on how much you're willing to pay to get rid of your scars. But I would recommend giving this a try!
Michelle B.
Rome, GA
This product was super disappointing to me. I used it when I was pregnant with my daughter and it did absolutely nothing for my stretch marks. Maybe this works for some people and maybe it’s just that my skin is prone to stretch marks, either was I wasn’t impressed.
Chanel A.
Chino Hills
When you want to get rid of a scar, you need to be consistent in applying medication or treatment --which I did with this scar gel. I used to have a huge dark circle-shaped scar on my thigh from an ice burn and I had no idea how to get rid of it. One of the physical therapists at a rehab facility recommended that I use this product. Works slow, but hey if you're consistent with it, your scar's definitely going to fade. Mine did. Definitely recommend this.
Allycia H.
Ammon, ID
While this didn't get rid of my scar completely it did lighten it up a lot. It also lightened up my stretch marks. However it takes a long time to work and the longer you use it the more it will work. It is expensive, but I guess it all depends on how much those scars are worth to you.
Gina V.
Dupont, PA
I've been using this on my scars and my daughter's new scar for the past 2 weeks. My daughter's scar has already lightened. I don't see a difference in mine yet but the old scars take a few months. My only issue with this is the gel rolls off your finger when trying to apply it. And it dries down and peels off like elmers glue! Lol Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel
Taylor C.
E Stroudsburg, PA
I couldn't decide if I wanted to give it 4 stars or 5 stars
The price? Crazy expensive for one tube of gel, however, I almost think the price is worth it because it's so expensive because it actually works, I have acne stars that are a few years old, and after putting this one once a day at night, because it HAS TO DRY, I noticed a significant difference, scars are still there, but VERY light compared to what they used to be.
I'm going to buy another tube and see if that makes the scars even lighter or fade away.
I really do like this stuff
Jennifer L.
Millville, NJ
After suffering from facial shingles. It left a few scars. I've been using Mederma Advanced Scar gel and my scars are fading away. This stuff is amazing. But it is a long process. I've been using it for 2 months now.
Marissa B.
Arlington, VA
Does this actually help to get rid of old scars?
Albina K.
Does this actually help reduce scarring ?
Marissa G.
I always see commercials for this on TV but is it worth the price and does it work on large scars? I recently burnt my leg with my curling iron and don't want to have a permanent mark.
Kate J.
Beaufort, NC
Does this work on old scars? I have a scar on my leg from two years ago that I'd like to lighten.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ
Would you recommend this on acne scars and/or stretch marks?

back