Medela Tender Care HydroGel Pads - 4 pk. uploaded by Sofiya C.

BY MEDELA

Breastfeeding is a bonding experience for mom and baby. During the first week or so, mothers may experience nipple tenderness. This could be related to normal postpartum skin changes or breastfeeding complications. If tenderness occurs, medela tender care hydrogel pads offer cooling relief and protection to tender nipples. - cools on contact - instant relief for sore nipples - contoured shape for a comfortable fit - reusable for up to 24 hours - includes 4 individually wrapped pads â the affordable care act (aca) is expanding benefits for breastfeeding support and supplies. To learn more about these changes and how it might... see more...

Nicza S.
Gibsonton, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
These are life savers. After the first 2 weeks of breastfeeding my newborn. I had cracked nipples due to latching problem and these gel pad helped soothe the pain when I wasn’t breastfeeding. I gave it a 4 stars because unfortunately after my breasts would leak a little the pad would move all over and I would have milk all over my bra. So I recommend using it for a small amount of time or using a disposable nursing pad on the bra side. Bonus is they are reusable.
Tia W.
These gel pads saved my when I first started breastfeeding in the hospital.

They were cooling relief on some very sore nipples. They were reusable too for a certain amount of time which was nice. I would definitely get these again.
Jenna U.
Saint Joseph
At first I thought how are these pasties looking things going to help. But i was recommended them as my daughter is an agressive feeder and swear to god i was in love from the first use instant relief and they dont slide you can even put them in the fridge and then use and you will swear they are in heaven lol i only wish that they had a few more reuses i highly recommend to any nursing mother i dont know how i got by before with my other children before i was introduced to these mircle workers
Ingrid M.
Peoria, AZ
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I got a this as a gift when I delivered my son. I had been using the lansinoh brand and have really liked it, but I wanted to see if this product would wow me too.
It does do a good job of making the pain ease and heal, but I’m just annoyed at the fact that I have to do the extra steps in applying and removing. I don’t like it because it just takes more time to prep just to feed especially when all my baby wants to do is eat.
Jaimie G.
Severn, MD
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I wish I had this product while nursing my first two babies. With my third I used these four times too relieve sore nipples. The product worked and got cool again after rinsing. I will say it’s pricey so I have only bought two boxes but haven’t felt like I needed it again.
Lyndsey C.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Life saver or should I say nipple saver while nursing. The first week home from the hospital these were a God sent for a baby that could not nurse! They are a little pricy but for the comfort it was worth it! You can get them at all baby stores, target, Walmart and amazon!
Dawn K.
Topeka, KS
Breastfeeding my first child was relatively pain free and uncomplicated. When my second was born (Jan. 2013) I hoped for the same. Instead, I spent almost a month in tears. It was painful, and I experienced cracking and bleeding. Everything was working as it was supposed to-latch, supply, no tongue-tie. I just became like many others that experience pain. An LC recommended I try HydroGel Packs to at least help minimize the pain and chafing during non-nursing hours. The cooling effect was a huge relief, and they really helped me avoid chafing against a normal nursing pad or bra/top. Pain is common during the first weeks, and these are a great tool to have to stay committed to nursing if you've decided that's the best way for you to feed your baby. I was also able to reuse these a couple times if I was careful to not place them on an unsanitized surface and was mindful about washing my hands (I had a normal term baby, if you have a premature baby or one with immune system issues, I'd consult a lactation consultant for best practices.)
Martha C.
South Houston, TX
These were a lifesaver for me! Breastfeeding is hard work and my daughter is my first child. I had cracked nipples, bleeding you name it I had it. Finally a friend of mine told me about these pads and I sent my hubby to find them. When he came home I right always gave them a try and I was so happy. The cooling helped me out so much and I would just wear them then put a nursing pad over them. I always made sure to keep them clean and have clean hands when placing them. They helped me out so much I was so happy to have them. I think they helped get past those first few weeks of breastfeeding, and now my daughter is a year old and we hit our goal of a year of breastfeeding.
Jennifer T.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
These are an absolute must have for new nursing mothers!! I recommend these to everyone experiencing chapped cracked bleeding nipples as they begin their nursing journey. I wouldn't have known about them had it not been for the laceration consultant giving them to me. I looked them up online and they are definitely worth the $8 investment. I wouldn't have made with through the first 2 weeks without them. And probably would have given up breastfeeding.
Brittany E.
Georgetown, DE
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I have breastfed all three of my kids and my nipples had had it. They were dry cracked bleeding sore you name it I had it. Then these came into my life. I prefer to cut these into fours and put them in the fridge. I put these on before and after I would feed my son then we're so cooling, and made it a lot more comfortable for me and made me feel so much better after a feeding.
Adriana G.
Henderson , NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Do this product actually work ?
Chelsea N.
Joppa, MD
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
How did these work? Are they good for one use? I struggled with cracked/bleeding nipples with my first one and am anticipating similar experience with my new babe. I'm willing to try these but I don't want it to be a waste of money that partially works!
Camila A.
Conroe, TX
The first box I got from my midwife was amazing. They stuck so well, really helped my nipples and when my milk dropped it didn't leak out the side. I bought the same pack from Target and have had a terrible experience. Has anyone had that problem as well?