Medela Tender Care HydroGel Pads - 4 pk. uploaded by Sofiya C.

BY MEDELA #58 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

Breastfeeding is a bonding experience for mom and baby. During the first week or so, mothers may experience nipple tenderness. This could be related to normal postpartum skin changes or breastfeeding complications. If tenderness occurs, medela tender care hydrogel pads offer cooling relief and protection to tender nipples. - cools on contact - instant relief for sore nipples - contoured shape for a comfortable fit - reusable for up to 24 hours - includes 4 individually wrapped pads â the affordable care act (aca) is expanding benefits for breastfeeding support and supplies. To learn more about these changes and how it might... see more...

Dawn K.
Topeka, KS
Breastfeeding my first child was relatively pain free and uncomplicated. When my second was born (Jan. 2013) I hoped for the same. Instead, I spent almost a month in tears. It was painful, and I experienced cracking and bleeding. Everything was working as it was supposed to-latch, supply, no tongue-tie. I just became like many others that experience pain. An LC recommended I try HydroGel Packs to at least help minimize the pain and chafing during non-nursing hours. The cooling effect was a huge relief, and they really helped me avoid chafing against a normal nursing pad or bra/top. Pain is common during the first weeks, and these are a great tool to have to stay committed to nursing if you've decided that's the best way for you to feed your baby. I was also able to reuse these a couple times if I was careful to not place them on an unsanitized surface and was mindful about washing my hands (I had a normal term baby, if you have a premature baby or one with immune system issues, I'd consult a lactation consultant for best practices.)
Joanna S.
Aurora
Saved my life after trying to breast feed the first couple of days. Helped with he soreness and the pain. Didn't like that I had to rinse my breast after having it on because it would leave it sticky. But overall great product.
Bethany B.
I used these after using the lansinoh brand and I did not like them nearly as well. The others were much more soothing for me and easier to use, as you didn't have to wet anything you could just place them and that was it.
lacey d.
toney, AL
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I was given these in the hospital since the first few days of breastfeeding can be painful. They were definitely soothing , but my only complaint was that they don't stay cold for long at all
Martha C.
South Houston, TX
These were a lifesaver for me! Breastfeeding is hard work and my daughter is my first child. I had cracked nipples, bleeding you name it I had it. Finally a friend of mine told me about these pads and I sent my hubby to find them. When he came home I right always gave them a try and I was so happy. The cooling helped me out so much and I would just wear them then put a nursing pad over them. I always made sure to keep them clean and have clean hands when placing them. They helped me out so much I was so happy to have them. I think they helped get past those first few weeks of breastfeeding, and now my daughter is a year old and we hit our goal of a year of breastfeeding.
Jennifer T.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
These are an absolute must have for new nursing mothers!! I recommend these to everyone experiencing chapped cracked bleeding nipples as they begin their nursing journey. I wouldn't have known about them had it not been for the laceration consultant giving them to me. I looked them up online and they are definitely worth the $8 investment. I wouldn't have made with through the first 2 weeks without them. And probably would have given up breastfeeding.
Brittany E.
Georgetown, DE
I have breastfed all three of my kids and my nipples had had it. They were dry cracked bleeding sore you name it I had it. Then these came into my life. I prefer to cut these into fours and put them in the fridge. I put these on before and after I would feed my son then we're so cooling, and made it a lot more comfortable for me and made me feel so much better after a feeding.
Christine H.
These were a God send those first couple weeks while feeding my newborn! My nipples were so sore and these really helped them heal faster. Also the coolness of them feels great on the soreness. They are also a great barrier between your nipples and the bra, so they don't get stuck to the bra. Highly recommend!
Raven L.
These are amazing! Every baby shower I go to were I know the mommy is breastfeeding I buy these! When I first fed my daughter I was bleeding and the cream the hospital gave me only helped so much then when I got home a friend gave these to me and what a relief!! These soothing gels were amazing!
Sneh p.
This was another necessary item for me. While I was feeding I was bleeding since my son had not learned how to latch correctly. If I didn't get these at the hospital and then ordered some from amazon. I don't think I would have made It or healed as quickly as I did. It felt sooo good on the nipples when they are burning or sore just from feeding.
Adriana G.
Warrenton, NC
Do this product actually work ?
Chelsea N.
Haughton, LA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
How did these work? Are they good for one use? I struggled with cracked/bleeding nipples with my first one and am anticipating similar experience with my new babe. I'm willing to try these but I don't want it to be a waste of money that partially works!
Camila A.
Conroe, TX
The first box I got from my midwife was amazing. They stuck so well, really helped my nipples and when my milk dropped it didn't leak out the side. I bought the same pack from Target and have had a terrible experience. Has anyone had that problem as well?