Medela Swing™ Breast Pump uploaded by Silvia R.Medela Swing™ Breast Pump uploaded by Stephanie C.

BY MEDELA

Swing is an occasional use breast pump for lactating women to express and collect milk from their breast to complement breastfeeding and is a single user product.

• 2-Phase Expression® Technology
  • Convenient battery power option for portable pumping

What is 2-Phase Expression Technology?
Through research, Medela learned that there are two distinct phases of how babies breastfeed.

1. Stimulation phase - When babies first go to breast, they suck faster to start milk flowing.
  2. Expression phase - After milk flow or "let-down" starts, babies breastfeed with a slower suck to remove milk.

This technology resembles a baby's nursing rhythm.

What's Included:

• 1 motor unit
  • 1 PersonalFit 24 mm breast shield
  • 1 breast shield connector (pump body)
  • 1 valve
  • 1 AC adapter
  • 1 drawstring bag
  • 1 Breastfeeding Information Guide
  • Instructions for use

Important: Plastic bottles and component parts become brittle when frozen and may break when dropped.  Also, bottles and component parts may become damaged if mishandled, e.g. dropped, over-tightened, or knocked over.  Take appropriate care in handling bottles and components.  Do not use the breastmilk if bottles or components become damaged.

Specifications:

• I'm in need of this product I'm having my 2nd baby in Nov...1 Answers
  • Is this a recommended brand?3 Answers
Brianna S.
burlington
This pump works pretty well I really do love it, my reason for giving it 3 stars is because it's not a double breast pump meaning it can't pump both breasts at the same time which is a problem,I know most women that breast feed both sides leak at the same time and when you pump one the other one is milking too so I just don't understand why pumps are still being made that only pump one at a time... if it did pump both this would've gotten 5 stars it's very quiet and pulls very well, I still recommend this though
Hayden Z.
we couldn't afford a double pump when i had my daughter, but this one worked very well for us. i wasn't an exclusively pumping mom so this worked out well. if i needed to pump more often, a double pump would have been better
Autumn B.
Carterville, MO
I've used many breast pumps and the swing is the best one I've tried the suction is great and it's a closed system which is even better! I can get so much milk out in just 20 minutes! The new style of flanges and pieces connected to the flanges, are just amazing.
Jamie N.
Lubbock, TX
This is great for middle of the night pumping when I don't want to get my big pump out. My only complaint is that it can be hard to tell when the batteries need changing. But all the other awesome features (like the clip!!) make it worth the buy if you're not using it to pump exclusively.
Sophie S.
Elkins Park, PA
Being that I am a stay at home mom and breastfeed my son, I knew that I would not be separated from my son often. But during the rare times that I was, I wanted my son to have access to my milk. I knew I did not want to spend a lot of money on a pump, nor did I need one with two pumping valves. I, also, knew I did not want to pump manually. Thus, the Medela Swing entered my life. The pump is compact and provides comfortable yet powerful suction. This pump also has the same two phase suction power offered on other more expensive medela pumps. My son is eight months old and I still use it.
Rachel D.
Vermilion, OH
I love this little pump! That being said, little is the keyword. I use this pump only if I am going to be traveling away from home, as it is convenient to use with batteries OR if I need to plug it in, unlike my large double pump which is huge and only uses electrical power. This pump takes its time, but does its job well for a small single pump. It comes with a drawstring bag to keep everything in, which is nice in that I can just toss the whole thing in my diaper bag. I wouldn't have this as my only pump, and it does go through batteries like crazy and take more than half the time my big pump does, but it's been very great to have since my son was born.
Kerri D.
Logan Twp, NJ
This was my first breast pump. The cost is what sold me on this pump but after having it, the convience is what really won me over. I used this while I was on a cross country road trip. The option to use it as a battery power or electric plug in make this a great choice for traveling. The discreet bag it comes with is useful to carry the pump, parts, and bottles. It's small enough to throw in a diaper bag for on the go pumps. I highly recommend this for mom's who need a pump but don't want to splurge for a double pump, or as a back up pump for traveling.
Sydney B.
West Jordan, UT
I understand why Medela pumps have been ranked #1 - they are superb! I have a Medela Swing and it's a fantastic pump. I use it almost daily. I am prepping to return to work, and I can rest assured knowing that my Medela Swing will ensure I can continue to breastfeed my 8 week old. Great quality, easy-to-use, functional design without getting too fancy. Love, love, love Medela!
Lauren S.
Slidell, LA
This is the only pump I could find that worked well for a decent price! Have used it with both of my babies and it still works just as well as day one. I love how I can plug it into the wall at home or use it wirelessly on the go! I recommend this pump to all frst time moms that don't know if they are going to stick with breastfeeding.
Robyn W.
Baltimore, MD
This product works great. I was out of town cause of a funeral and didn't have my pump. I ran to Walmart and this was the one they had in stock. I wanted to use Medela because that was the brand of pump that I had at home. It works perfectly. I have used it a couple of times since then. I keep it in my car for emergency uses.
Kara F.
Victoria, TX
Is this a recommended brand?
Mikhela B.
Belington, WV
Is this a recommended breast pump? I'm looking for an automatic one instead of a hand pump.
Jessica B.
Frazeysburg
Considering getting one of these. How easy is it to use, and would it potentially cause bruising with me being inverted?
Brittany T.
Locust Grove, GA
I'm in need of this product I'm having my 2nd baby in November and all I have is a Tommy tippy single breast pump and to me in doesn't get the milk I use it when my first son was in the NICU

Target