Amanda J.
Amanda J.
Orlando, FL

What is different about this product than the rest that they have? I went with the travel pump but would consider buying another one. Any answers?
Kathy R.
Kathy R.
Aug. 31, 2013, 1:59 p.m.
I used this pump for 13 months with my first daughter and just got it out to use with my second. I travelled a lot and the convenience of this pump was worth the price. In a meeting, the bag would just look like any other and no one was curious about it. When I would go to to pump, everything was contained in one place and I loved having the cooler in the bag. One of the great things about the PIS is let-down capacity. I knew that the pump was working well when it triggered multiple let-downs. I guess all pumps can't do that! I used this from day 2 with my first baby and trust it will work for all of my second's nursing days!
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Dec. 27, 2012, 4:26 p.m.
I definitely recommend this pump. It makes pumping a lot easier and it is great on the go.
Krista M.
Krista M.
Dec. 13, 2012, 7:55 a.m.
Every mother I knew recommended this pump and although, pricey, bulky, and intimidating at first, it is definitely a must have for breastfeeding moms.
Heather V.
Heather V.
Dec. 3, 2012, 8:45 a.m.
The motor is the best and most durable that Medela makes. The pump motor is also built right into the bag. All you do is open the front flap, hook up and pump. I also think with it being built in the bag provides insulation to protect the motor from getting bumped around and also serves as noise reduction, not that the pump is loud to begin with. It is so incredibly quiet.
Tricia S.
Tricia S.
Nov. 29, 2012, 7:18 p.m.
It is the motor itself. I lasts and has great suction. I have tried other pumps and this by far is better! Also the bottles, shells, tubing, and all the other tiny stuff makes it last longer and keeps it soft and painless for the mother!
Lyndsay H.
Lyndsay H.
Nov. 27, 2012, 1:23 p.m.
It is more reliable, has a stronger motor that is going to hold up longer. When my child was first born I was a working mother and had to make sure my supply didn't slow and I usedthis (well, the advanced version of this) and it was a god send. It doesn't hurt, does the job, has everything you need to store and keep the milk cool while you are out, no one will know it is a pump bag... it is perfect! Worth the money for sure!
"Tracie Ain't Famous" M.
Nov. 27, 2012, 1:15 p.m.
I used this pump for the entire first year after my daughter was born. The motor is great, and the the freezer blocks kept my milk for hours. In my opinion, after hospital grade pumping, this is the next best pump. I recommend this pump to all the new mothers I meet as a CLC.
Rachel C.
Rachel C.
Nov. 25, 2012, 4:59 p.m.
This pump is durable and travels well. As a full time working mom, who EP after returning to work, this pump got a lot of use. It's still going strong after 2 children and hundreds of hours of use. It is convenient to have it built into the bag, and some so called double pumps don't actually let you simultaneously pump both breasts, whereas the PIS does. I recommend it every time someone asks me about breast pumps.
Bethany B.
Bethany B.
Nov. 23, 2012, 6:14 p.m.
This product is worth the money, if you are going to exclusively breastfeed this is defiantly the best! I have personally used this and I know many of my friends chose this as well.
Megan D.
Megan D.
Nov. 18, 2012, 7:46 a.m.
It really depends on how often you are going to pump. If you're home with your baby all the time and are only going to pump every once in a while, this pump may not be for you. But if you're working full time, or going to pump exclusively (like I did), this is the best pump on the market. It was worth EVERY penny and I can't imagine what I would've done without it.
Julie F.
Julie F.
Nov. 17, 2012, 3:21 a.m.
I believe it's the motor. It is very strong and very reliable. Some have cheaper motors and then give out sooner which means potentially having to buy another pump.

Join Now