Medela Contact Nipple Shield uploaded by Anadeisy M.Medela Contact Nipple Shield uploaded by Stephanie M.

BY MEDELA #4 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

Standard 20mm For proper sizing, consult a Lactation Professional. For flat/inverted nipple or latch-on difficulties Unique shape allows more contact between mom and baby. For flat or inverted nipples For latch-on difficulties For overactive let-down Unique cut-out area allows more skin contact between mother and baby. Made of pure silicone Autoclavable Use under the direction of a physician, breastfeeding consultant or other health professional. Our Customer Service team is available Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 8:00 pm CST and Saturday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm at to answer any questions you may have. ; *For hygienic reasons, once this personal care product is opened it cannot be returned. see more...

• My baby hates pacifiers and bottles but I go back to work very so...6 Answers
  • Are these easiest to use?3 Answers
  • How do you know what size is right before you buy one? My daughte...1 Answers
Medela Contact Nipple Shield
  • "with my third he kept biting me and i was so sore that breast feeding would bring me to tears, but using one of these took all the pain away!" in 14 reviews
  • "I had such a hard time because my son was born 4 weeks premature and my nipples were just not very easy for him to latch." in 11 reviews
  • "I really wanted to breast feed with my son, and he couldnt latch i went out to the store bought this and worked amazing, was able to breast feed him no problem." in 10 reviews
  • "used for the first time with my first born because i had inverted tatas.this helped correct the situation and she breast fed fine after a couple months with no confusion." in 7 reviews
  • "maybe I just didn't have a good teacher or my flat nipples were the problem." in 6 reviews
Nicza S.
Gibsonton, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Review for: 24Mm more...
These were lifesavers. I had no idea what they were until my RN at the hospital introduced me to them. My LO had problems latching and we starting using these to help her latch. We have eventually weaned off of it. But they are great when you have sore nipples as well. One con is they do tend to cause some nipple confusion to baby.
Arielle M.
Newport News, VA
After having my son i was given one of these to make it easier for him to latch. It made it easier the only issue that I experience wasn't with the product. I was given the wrong size shield, which caused my milk to dry up. I recommend to any mother that is having issues getting their baby to latch.
Gabriella O.
Yelm, WA
Review for: 20Mm more...
I just want to come out and say that these were a life saver when I first started breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is really hard and these made the transition SO much easier when I was in the hospital. I literally syringe fed my baby through this. Thank you so much Medela!
Madison F.
Gainesville, GA
Review for: 20Mm more...
These are a god send and I’m not sure what my nipples would’ve done without them! They made it so much easier for my daughter to latch. They also made it much easier on the pain of a first time Mom! I would definitely recommend!
Evon P.
Fresno, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Love this product! We got it at target and it was inexpensive. The nipple shield was a life saver, without it I wouldn’t have been able to breastfeed. It’s easy to use and clean, although you do have to wash it several times so that it doesn’t have a film on it. Once your baby gets used to the nipple shield, it’s hard to do it without so just a heads up!
Brittany L.
Saint Joseph, MN
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Review for: 24Mm, 20Mm more...
This is the only way I was able to breastfeed my first child. She would not latch unless I had this nipple shield on. So needless to say we bought our fair share to have around the house because I was not going to worry about finding it when she was hungry, especially in the middle of the night. I used it for an entire year of feeding
Alicia S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Review for: 24Mm more...
The Medela Nipple Shield saved my life in my early breast feeding journey! My daughter wasn’t able to latch at first when she was born. This was the only way to get her breast milk and to get her to latch well. My only con about it was after feeding I would have a lot of milk left and I had to dump it. I definitely recommend it to any mom who is breastfeeding. It’s worth the price and worth having no matter what. You never know when you will need it.
Samantha G.
Salisbury, NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I have short nipples and my baby had trouble latching when she was born. The medela nipple shield has helped us be successful at breastfeeding and I am forever grateful!
Tabitha M.
Plymouth, PA
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Review for: 24Mm more...
I had a hard time getting my son to latch and this helped alot and made it not hurt anymore when he was feeding. I recommend these to every breastfeeding mama I know.
Jerica C.
Salyersville, KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Thank goodness for these nipple shields! During the first few weeks after I delivered, my little gal literally sucked a hole in my nipple and it constantly bled. These nipple shields were perfect to use while waiting for it to heal! I used 20 mm and then eventually moved up to 24 mm.
Kayla M.
Kodak, Tn
How long can you use this product? Is it ok to use it for 6 weeks?
Jessica H.
Longview , WA
Is this something that should only be used if necessary, or can it be used no matter what the circumstance?
Gabriela C.
Santa Ana, CA
What's the price and are they worth it
Jadyn P.
Halifax, Ma
Do you use this while breastfeeding or after?
brooklyn w.
Akron, OH
Is this used while breastfeeding and does it make it easier for the baby to latch?