Medela Contact Nipple Shield uploaded by Stephanie M.Medela Contact Nipple Shield uploaded by Anadeisy M.

BY MEDELA #4 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

Standard 20mm For proper sizing, consult a Lactation Professional. For flat/inverted nipple or latch-on difficulties Unique shape allows more contact between mom and baby. For flat or inverted nipples For latch-on difficulties For overactive let-down Unique cut-out area allows more skin contact between mother and baby. Made of pure silicone Autoclavable Use under the direction of a physician, breastfeeding consultant or other health professional. Our Customer Service team is available Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 8:00 pm CST and Saturday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm at to answer any questions you may have. ; *For hygienic reasons, once this personal care product is opened it cannot be returned. see more...

• My baby hates pacifiers and bottles but I go back to work very so...6 Answers
  • Are these easiest to use?2 Answers
  • How do you know what size is right before you buy one? My daughte...1 Answers
Medela Contact Nipple Shield
  • "with my third he kept biting me and i was so sore that breast feeding would bring me to tears, but using one of these took all the pain away!" in 14 reviews
  • "I had such a hard time because my son was born 4 weeks premature and my nipples were just not very easy for him to latch." in 11 reviews
  • "I really wanted to breast feed with my son, and he couldnt latch i went out to the store bought this and worked amazing, was able to breast feed him no problem." in 10 reviews
  • "used for the first time with my first born because i had inverted tatas.this helped correct the situation and she breast fed fine after a couple months with no confusion." in 7 reviews
  • "maybe I just didn't have a good teacher or my flat nipples were the problem." in 6 reviews
Amber A.
San Diego
Review for: 24Mm
I used these when I first started breastfeeding my baby. I have inverted nipples and she was having a hard time latching and after attempting all night before my LC showed up my nipples were shredded. These helped us get a good latch and protected my nipples while they healed. I will definitely remember this for my next baby. I now have a healthy EBF six month old and a healthy milk supply.
Arielle M.
Newport News, VA
After having my son i was given one of these to make it easier for him to latch. It made it easier the only issue that I experience wasn't with the product. I was given the wrong size shield, which caused my milk to dry up. I recommend to any mother that is having issues getting their baby to latch.
Anais G.
Mega Parent Expert
This was a Got sent item for me and my daughter. When she was born she had the hardest time latching on because I had inverted nipples. We tried and tried for 2 weeks and finally I saw a lactation consistent and they suggested the nipple shield. She latched on right away and we never looked back. I ended up nursing her for a year and a half and it was wonderful and I never got sore nipples. If anyone is having a hard time nursing I would highly recommend this item.
Mafer T.
Very helpful if you are having problems with cracked nipples. I thought I couldn’t breastfeed my baby because the pain I had but when I try this I felt a totally relief. Just be careful to keep it clean every time you use it
Rene S.
Decatur
This shield helps a lot when you have cracked/sore nipples! If you have flat/inverted nipples this can help get a good latch. It works pretty well but if you don't place it just right or if you already have let down and the silicone gets wet, it won't stick very well and milk will leak. Also, after using it for a few weeks, the areola flaps can flip the opposite way and mold to baby's face.
Kaitlyn c.
Santa Cruz, CA
Mega Parent Expert
I struggled with breast feeding both my kids. My first we always used one of these until we had to stop breastfeeding at 4 months and with my youngest we used one up until a few weeks ago. This is the only reason I am still breastfeeding my youngest. I seriously recommend these if you are having a super hard time with your latch until you can correct it. It’s not easy but so worth it.
Evon P.
Fresno, CA
Mega Parent Expert
Love this product! We got it at target and it was inexpensive. The nipple shield was a life saver, without it I wouldn’t have been able to breastfeed. It’s easy to use and clean, although you do have to wash it several times so that it doesn’t have a film on it. Once your baby gets used to the nipple shield, it’s hard to do it without so just a heads up!
Erika T.
Wynne, AR
Mega Parent Expert
I received this from a lactation consultant in the hospital while nursing my son. It was literally the ONLY way I could get him to nurse on the left side. It came in handy for sure! I'll admit it was a little confusing and hard to get it placed the way it needed to be the first few times but once you catch on its easy peasy!
Elizabeth M.
Forest Grove, OR
Mega Parent Expert
This has made my life so much easier. Not only did it help make feeding my little man easier but it helped ease the pain on breastfeeding. It’s really easy to use, just put it on over your nipple, & easy to take off. I got mine at his pediatrics office but amazon also sells them & id get maybe more than one but it’s totally worth it!
Casandra M.
Mega Parent Expert
This product is amazing. I'm a first time mom and nursing was something I struggled on. Applying the contact shields saved me. It took the pain away and helped me nurse my daughter. I received this as a gift and would also gift this to first time nursing moms who struggle to latch on their baby.
Kayla M.
Kodak, Tn
How long can you use this product? Is it ok to use it for 6 weeks?
Jessica H.
Longview , WA
Is this something that should only be used if necessary, or can it be used no matter what the circumstance?
Gabriela C.
Santa Ana, CA
What's the price and are they worth it
Jadyn P.
Halifax, Ma
Do you use this while breastfeeding or after?
brooklyn w.
Akron, OH
Is this used while breastfeeding and does it make it easier for the baby to latch?