Medela Contact Nipple Shield uploaded by Anadeisy M.Medela Contact Nipple Shield uploaded by Stephanie M.

BY MEDELA #5 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

Standard 20mm For proper sizing, consult a Lactation Professional. For flat/inverted nipple or latch-on difficulties Unique shape allows more contact between mom and baby. For flat or inverted nipples For latch-on difficulties For overactive let-down Unique cut-out area allows more skin contact between mother and baby. Made of pure silicone Autoclavable Use under the direction of a physician, breastfeeding consultant or other health professional. Our Customer Service team is available Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 8:00 pm CST and Saturday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm at to answer any questions you may have. ; *For hygienic reasons, once this personal care product is opened it cannot be returned. see more...

• My baby hates pacifiers and bottles but I go back to work very so...6 Answers
  • Are these easiest to use?3 Answers
  • How do you know what size is right before you buy one? My daughte...1 Answers
Medela Contact Nipple Shield
  • "with my third he kept biting me and i was so sore that breast feeding would bring me to tears, but using one of these took all the pain away!" in 14 reviews
  • "I had such a hard time because my son was born 4 weeks premature and my nipples were just not very easy for him to latch." in 11 reviews
  • "I really wanted to breast feed with my son, and he couldnt latch i went out to the store bought this and worked amazing, was able to breast feed him no problem." in 10 reviews
  • "used for the first time with my first born because i had inverted tatas.this helped correct the situation and she breast fed fine after a couple months with no confusion." in 7 reviews
  • "maybe I just didn't have a good teacher or my flat nipples were the problem." in 6 reviews
Rachel S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Review for: 20Mm more...
I both hate and love this device. I have used with both my children since they have had latch issues. It works well except milk gets everywhere as it leaks out the bottom and all over my baby, my clothes, her clothes etc. I often place a cloth underneath to capture all that has leaked. This device has allowed me to breastfeed but at the same time it makes a mess.
Brittany L.
Saint Joseph, MN
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Review for: 24Mm, 20Mm more...
This is the only way I was able to breastfeed my first child. She would not latch unless I had this nipple shield on. So needless to say we bought our fair share to have around the house because I was not going to worry about finding it when she was hungry, especially in the middle of the night. I used it for an entire year of feeding
Arielle M.
Newport News, VA
After having my son i was given one of these to make it easier for him to latch. It made it easier the only issue that I experience wasn't with the product. I was given the wrong size shield, which caused my milk to dry up. I recommend to any mother that is having issues getting their baby to latch.
Mafer T.
Very helpful if you are having problems with cracked nipples. I thought I couldn’t breastfeed my baby because the pain I had but when I try this I felt a totally relief. Just be careful to keep it clean every time you use it
Amber A.
San Diego, CA
Review for: 24Mm more...
I used these when I first started breastfeeding my baby. I have inverted nipples and she was having a hard time latching and after attempting all night before my LC showed up my nipples were shredded. These helped us get a good latch and protected my nipples while they healed. I will definitely remember this for my next baby. I now have a healthy EBF six month old and a healthy milk supply.
Evon P.
Fresno, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Love this product! We got it at target and it was inexpensive. The nipple shield was a life saver, without it I wouldn’t have been able to breastfeed. It’s easy to use and clean, although you do have to wash it several times so that it doesn’t have a film on it. Once your baby gets used to the nipple shield, it’s hard to do it without so just a heads up!
Samantha G.
Salisbury, NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I have short nipples and my baby had trouble latching when she was born. The medela nipple shield has helped us be successful at breastfeeding and I am forever grateful!
Jerica C.
Salyersville, KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Thank goodness for these nipple shields! During the first few weeks after I delivered, my little gal literally sucked a hole in my nipple and it constantly bled. These nipple shields were perfect to use while waiting for it to heal! I used 20 mm and then eventually moved up to 24 mm.
Bethany H.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Review for: 24Mm, 20Mm more...
I would give this product 10 stars if I could! My son wouldn’t latch, but the hospital lactation consultant gave me a shield to try and help. My son is 3 months and still uses the shield. He has gained weight so well, and I wouldn’t have been able to nurse him without it!
brittney w.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
If it wasn't for the size small meddle nipple shield, "which I used for a whole month" I would have given up. I weened off it after a month and have been going now 4 months without it and love it! It's hard at times with the shield, but I'm so thankful for it.
Kayla M.
Kodak, Tn
How long can you use this product? Is it ok to use it for 6 weeks?
Jessica H.
Longview , WA
Is this something that should only be used if necessary, or can it be used no matter what the circumstance?
Gabriela C.
Santa Ana, CA
What's the price and are they worth it
Jadyn P.
Halifax, Ma
Do you use this while breastfeeding or after?
brooklyn w.
Akron, OH
Is this used while breastfeeding and does it make it easier for the baby to latch?