Medela Contact Nipple Shield uploaded by Stephanie M.Medela Contact Nipple Shield uploaded by Anadeisy M.

BY MEDELA #5 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

Standard 20mm For proper sizing, consult a Lactation Professional. For flat/inverted nipple or latch-on difficulties Unique shape allows more contact between mom and baby. For flat or inverted nipples For latch-on difficulties For overactive let-down Unique cut-out area allows more skin contact between mother and baby. Made of pure silicone Autoclavable Use under the direction of a physician, breastfeeding consultant or other health professional. Our Customer Service team is available Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 8:00 pm CST and Saturday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm at to answer any questions you may have. ; *For hygienic reasons, once this personal care product is opened it cannot be returned. see more...

• My baby hates pacifiers and bottles but I go back to work very so...6 Answers
  • How do you know what size is right before you buy one? My daughte...1 Answers
  • How can I tell what size my newborn needs?6 Answers
Medela Contact Nipple Shield
  • "with my third he kept biting me and i was so sore that breast feeding would bring me to tears, but using one of these took all the pain away!" in 14 reviews
  • "I had such a hard time because my son was born 4 weeks premature and my nipples were just not very easy for him to latch." in 11 reviews
  • "I really wanted to breast feed with my son, and he couldnt latch i went out to the store bought this and worked amazing, was able to breast feed him no problem." in 10 reviews
  • "used for the first time with my first born because i had inverted tatas.this helped correct the situation and she breast fed fine after a couple months with no confusion." in 7 reviews
  • "maybe I just didn't have a good teacher or my flat nipples were the problem." in 6 reviews
jane h.
jane h.
Elizabeth, WV
Breastfeeding has been a struggle for my son and I since day one. He could not latch onto my nipple due to a lip tie and I was just about to give him a bottle when a nurse at the hospital suggested I try one of these. He latched on! We still continue to use it. I probably wouldn't still be breastfeeding without it. But a little warning: once you begin to use these, you may not be able to nurse without it. I have tried to wean my son off of them to no avail. On the plus side, when it came time to introduce a bottle with breast milk, he took to it instantly without a single issue. He also is not picky with different types of bottles. I do not think it would have been that easy without these nipple Shields.
Anadeisy M.
Anadeisy M.
Paramount, CA
My all time favorite product. I already have this a review but i have to do another one. I was having a lot of trouble breast-feeding my new born. He would not latch on and it was very painful to me. A friend told me about the nipple shield about two weeks in into breastfeeding and it was the best choice for me. I got to breast feed him for a-little more then 3 months because of this amazing product and I'm so happy i got the chance to try it. I wouldn't have gone that long breastfeeding with out it. If i could id give this product 6 stars!! I'm pregnant again and because of the trouble i had the first time around i already bought a nipple shield ahead of time.
Edith G.
Edith G.
I cannot put into words on how GREAT this product is. My newborn was having trouble latching on and my nipples are a bit more on the inverted side so we were both getting frustrated. Before I decided to give up breastfeeding altogether, I came across this on target.com and read some reviews so I decided to give it a try. IT WAS THE BEST $9 I HAVE EVER SPENT. My newborn has no more problems latching on.
The only cons I have on this product is that he does make a mess because it is not a 0+ shield. (Wish they made those). Also, it doesn't come with a case.
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
West Salem, WI
I used these with my daughter. She had a high pallet, making it hard for her to latch on at birth. Nothing was working until we tried these. She latched on immediately and I was so relieved. I was able to wean her off and breastfeed naturally after about 2 weeks (giving her enough time to develop a lower pallet to help with latching). I highly recommend these if your newborn has a high pallet or is having difficulties with latching on. Don't give up hope; these will help!
Raquel R.
Raquel R.
ABSOLUTELY SAVED MY BREASTFEEDING LIFE. Had I not had this I would have been suffering horribly. Once I started using the shield it was such a better experience for my son and I. And once he learned to latch well and my body adjusted to feeding him I was able to feed him without it. I can not tell you how much I loved mine. Only con is that they are clear and thin and get lost super easily. So of course I have about 5 of these rolling around my house lost somewhere.
Paige H.
Paige H.
These were a life saver for me, my daughter could latch easily but it was very painful. The second time she tried to latch we were both sitting in the hospital room crying in frustration, cause she was hungry and it hurt me to bad. But then the nurse came in a suggested I use one of these and I kept using them until she stopped breastfeeding. They are a life saver! I don't know I would have been able to breastfeed without them :)
Jen D.
Jen D.
Simple and easy to use. Unfortunately due to certain circumstances I have to use these to breast feed. While I am greatful I have never had a horrific story of cracked nipple because I use these, it is an extra step (preperation) I have to take in order to nurse. Thin silicone material makes it feel more natural and and less invasive. Super easy to wash and sanitize. And so far there has been no issue with nipple confusion.
Liya S.
Liya S.
Vista, Ca
I have had 3 children and at one point or another needed a nipple shield to assist with breastfeeding. while it does work, my biggest complaint is trying to get the damn thing to stay. once the baby latches on it stays decent, but the initial process is a total pain. not a huge fan of the product, but there aren't really any other alternatives, so i use it if i absolutely have to, but i avoid it if possible.
Erin K.
Erin K.
Mason City, IA
I am a breastfeeding mom and lactation counselor. In school they advised against these things out of fear for low supply and nipple confusion, so I was afraid of encouraging them. When my daughter came she had problems latching and I don't think I could have continued without. Seriously a lifesaver! I only used for about a week until she figured out the latch but seriously the best nursing product I used!
adrianna l.
adrianna l.
Swedesboro, NJ
Mega Parent Expert
These nipple shields saved breastfeeding for me. I have flat nipples and my little one was having such a hard time in the beginning getting a good latch. Also, those first few weeks of breast feeding with sore,cracked and bleeding nipples are no joke! It's a pain trying to wean the baby off of them but I can honestly say I don't think I would have survived the early days of breastfeeding without them!
Kayla M.
Kayla M.
Kodak, Tn
How long can you use this product? Is it ok to use it for 6 weeks?
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Longview , WA
Is this something that should only be used if necessary, or can it be used no matter what the circumstance?
Gabriela C.
Gabriela C.
Santa Ana, CA
What's the price and are they worth it
Jadyn P.
Jadyn P.
Halifax, Ma
Do you use this while breastfeeding or after?
brooklyn w.
brooklyn w.
Akron, OH
Is this used while breastfeeding and does it make it easier for the baby to latch?