BY MEDELA #3 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

Standard 20mm For proper sizing, consult a Lactation Professional. For flat/inverted nipple or latch-on difficulties Unique shape allows more contact between mom and baby. For flat or inverted nipples For latch-on difficulties For overactive let-down Unique cut-out area allows more skin contact between mother and baby. Made of pure silicone Autoclavable Use under the direction of a physician, breastfeeding consultant or other health professional. Our Customer Service team is available Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 8:00 pm CST and Saturday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm at to answer any questions you may have. ; *For hygienic reasons, once this personal care product is opened it cannot be returned. see more...

• My baby hates pacifiers and bottles but I go back to work very so...6 Answers
  • Are these easiest to use?3 Answers
  • How do you know what size is right before you buy one? My daughte...1 Answers
Medela Contact Nipple Shield
  • "with my third he kept biting me and i was so sore that breast feeding would bring me to tears, but using one of these took all the pain away!" in 14 reviews
  • "I had such a hard time because my son was born 4 weeks premature and my nipples were just not very easy for him to latch." in 11 reviews
  • "I really wanted to breast feed with my son, and he couldnt latch i went out to the store bought this and worked amazing, was able to breast feed him no problem." in 10 reviews
  • "used for the first time with my first born because i had inverted tatas.this helped correct the situation and she breast fed fine after a couple months with no confusion." in 7 reviews
  • "maybe I just didn't have a good teacher or my flat nipples were the problem." in 6 reviews
Elizabeth S.
Review for: 20 mm more...
I agree with the moms who say this is a lifesaver. Breastfeeding is difficult and painful - this product made it easier for both me (less pain) and the baby (easier to latch) to nurse. I use it for breastfeeding and then pump and give my baby a bottle from time-to-time. She is used to both so the shield does not affect her feeding. I've been told to ween her off the shield but with the pain I would not be able to nurse her without it. Highly recommend to new moms starting out breastfeeding! Also you can wash it and reuse it - I keep a few in the house as it's clear/small and could be easy to lose.
Sarah D.
Spencer, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Review for: 16 mm more...
This just frustrated me. It was easier to take Tylenol and grin and bear the submit for 5 days until my nipples got used to breastfeeding. Vaseline did wonders over night when I'd get a stretch to let it repair the skin for those first few days. This seems like a quick fix but my daughter was just not a good enough feeder to properly get everything out through not only my best, but this shield that I added on top of it. Lactation consultants are a god sent when it comes to fixing the underlying issue you're having. I do really love the medela brand though and their pump was the only one that I trusted.
Nicza S.
Gibsonton, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Review for: 24 mm more...
These were lifesavers. I had no idea what they were until my RN at the hospital introduced me to them. My LO had problems latching and we starting using these to help her latch. We have eventually weaned off of it. But they are great when you have sore nipples as well. One con is they do tend to cause some nipple confusion to baby.
Synthia N.
Nanuet, NY
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Review for: 24 mm more...
This product seemed silly and strange to me at first but it has become a lifesaver. Recommended to me by a lactation consultant, my premie baby latches much better with it. I got the product when baby was around 3 weeks, but didn't start using it consistently until 6 weeks. My nipples are forever grateful for this product! However, they come off pretty easily.
Arielle M.
Newport News, VA
After having my son i was given one of these to make it easier for him to latch. It made it easier the only issue that I experience wasn't with the product. I was given the wrong size shield, which caused my milk to dry up. I recommend to any mother that is having issues getting their baby to latch.
Gabriella O.
Yelm, WA
Review for: 20 mm more...
I just want to come out and say that these were a life saver when I first started breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is really hard and these made the transition SO much easier when I was in the hospital. I literally syringe fed my baby through this. Thank you so much Medela!
Madison F.
Gainesville, GA
Review for: 20 mm more...
These are a god send and I’m not sure what my nipples would’ve done without them! They made it so much easier for my daughter to latch. They also made it much easier on the pain of a first time Mom! I would definitely recommend!
Kyla H.
Oklahoma city, OK
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Review for: 16 mm more...
With my first she had trouble latching. I was recommended to try this this go around to help. I haven’t used it yet but I am hopeful that is will help in the success of breastfeeding this baby due in June!
Evon P.
Fresno, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Love this product! We got it at target and it was inexpensive. The nipple shield was a life saver, without it I wouldn’t have been able to breastfeed. It’s easy to use and clean, although you do have to wash it several times so that it doesn’t have a film on it. Once your baby gets used to the nipple shield, it’s hard to do it without so just a heads up!
Ashlee S.
FALMOUTH, KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Review for: 20 mm more...
With my first two girls we didn't use shields and had horrible breastfeeding experiences. This time the nurse gave us one of these shields it is a life saver I was unsure that baby was getting milk period but after using this for her tiny mouth it helped so much and I could see there was milk in the tip of it and she was getting highly recommend
Whitney Y.
Chico, CA
Do you recommend to not use this all the time? or do you recommend using it for a little bit?
Kayla M.
Kodak, Tn
How long can you use this product? Is it ok to use it for 6 weeks?
Elizabeth S.
League city , TX
Did you find that after a while the shield didn't stick as well?
Jessica H.
Longview , WA
Is this something that should only be used if necessary, or can it be used no matter what the circumstance?
Gabriela C.
Santa Ana, CA
What's the price and are they worth it