BY MEDELA

Medela calma is designed exclusively for breastmilk feeding. Switching from bottle back to breast has never been easier. Calma was developed using evidence-based research on babies' natural feeding behavior so you can enjoy your breastfeeding bond longer. With calma, the milk will only flow if your baby works and creates vacuum to remove the milk. This enables the feeding behavior learned at the breast to be used with calma. includes: (1) all-stage nipple, (1) 5 oz/150 ml bottle, (1) cap, (2) lids see more...

Steph B.
What a leaky mess! I bought these in hopes that they would quell my son's defiance to drink from a bottle but found myself sorely mistaken. They only served to drip all over the place and choke him constantly. I ended up returning these overpriced bottles.

I love most things Medela but these bottles are a complete dud. SAVE YOUR MONEY.
Jody W.
Maurepas, LA
I'm inly giving this one star because no stars is not an option. I agree with others in that this is a leaky mess and choked my daughter. The valve is a good concept, it just doesn't work. Save your money and buy preemie nipples to help a breastfed baby adjust to a bottle.
Ashley m.
Carbon hill, IL
Like this bottle but it seems a little hard for the milk to come out for my baby but mine never leaked out like the others she had to drink for anything to come out
jennifer D.
What a mess they leak hard to out back together didn't really do much in the way of a nipple but for the price I expected more
zaitmar a.
We just had a baby who weighed in at 7 pounds 7 ounces at birth with apgar scores of 9 and 9. Everything seemed to be going well until we noticed he wasn't breastfeeding for long periods. He'd latch, feed for 5-7 minutes and then fall asleep. The hospital lactation consultant showed us a few different positions and techniques. No luck. We looked at videos and articles online. No luck. We spoke with the hospital nursing/ob staff and our pediatrician. We were advised to keep trying and to stimulate him by blowing on his head, rubbing him a bit or even dabbing him with a wet cloth. No luck. We were advised to try new positions and work on his latch. I was convinced the issue wasn't a poor latch or inadequate supply; I thought he was just literally becoming so comfortable that he'd fall asleep. By Day 4 his weight had dropped to 6 pounds 10 ounces - within the normal 10% range but pretty fast. My wife was extremely concerned. So on Day 4 we paid for a (very expensive) home visit by a lactation consultant. After the usual "Oh it must just be a latch or a poor position" song-and-dance she realized there was a problem. She switched us to a pump and brought out the Calma. It was apparent from the clever design that baby would have to really work to get the supply - something that would help with nipple confusion. We started him up on it. Within 3 days he was almost back to birth weight. At 2 weeks he was almost a pound over birth weight. He continues to gain weight and feed regularly. He still falls asleep after 10 minutes breastfeeding but we've had no trouble switching between the Calma and breastfeeding. Using the Calma has the added benefit of allowing us to take turns feeding him, reducing the strain on my wife and allowing me to feel like I'm helping.
Shauna S.
I just got this bottle- does it leak right away?!
Savannah T.
Is this worth buying? My daughter is 2 months old, and about 2 weeks away from her first day at daycare and I'm afraid she's not going to transition into the bottle after only being breastfed. Any thoughts?