BY MEDELA #12 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

#1 Choice for Hospitals & Mothers™ Includes valve and membrane. Extra parts for Medela breastpumps so you can always have clean parts on hand. Extra parts for Medela breastpumps**. Compatible with all Medela breastmilk bottles. Safe for you and your baby. BPA free Content may vary from picture. see more...

• I wash this every time I use but still doesn't clean righ...14 Answers
  • How do you keep this part clean? I notice milk getting s...14 Answers
  • How can you actually tell if a breast shield is too large...1 Answers
Megan G.
I LOVED this breast pump and had zero issue with it, the accessories, or anything else. It came with extra membranes and I was told they could tear, but that never happened. I never had to replace anything because it worked perfectly and there were no issues.
Jessica W.
Maryville, TN
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
These were used constantly for three years. I tried different brands but these were the most consistent preformers. I found that I could use them with different brands of pumps. (Mine was a Hygeia)
Carson M.
Ashburn, VA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Medela is the best breast pump. These shields have great suction and didn't hurt like other ones did. Comes apart easily to clean. The parts are easy to replace and not crazy expensive. And you can find them locally at Target and Walmart and not have to wait online for replacements.
Cassadee L.
 I love this product. It can be ourchased in multiple sizes depending on the size of your breast. It is easy to  attached to the Medela bottle and then it is easy to attach to the pump tubing. Super  easy to wash. I just throw it in a pot of boiling water. I do take apart the yellow valve and the white plastic shield,  and leave it in the boiling water as well.  This phalange is also easy to attach to a manual pump.
Jennifer B.
Marysville, MI
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
By far the best flanges in the market. I use these with my Spectra pump because I like the Medela's fit and sizes much better. I received them with my PISA and bought extras online. I would buy again if. We're more. I already own a set in every size and 4 sets of what I am currently using so I have lots of spares
Anna D.
Washington, DC
I rented the pump from the hospital when I was discharged. I used this pump for months. I was never uncomfortable and it was sturdy (i boiled it to sterilize) I doesn't have problem with it unlatching.
Alisha M.
Cincinnati, OH
I have several variations of this valve and there are pros and cons to all them. This valve is my favorite for on the go and traveling. Having one piece just makes it easier. I also feel like I get better suction and I am able to better see how much milk I am producing with this all-in-one. The only downside which I have found to be with all of them is that they aren't the easiest things to clean. Maybe we just have hard water but I find I spend a lot of time washing and sanitizing. My biggest recommendation....stock up on parts when you see a good sale. Especially in the first few months when you are pumping often it's so nice to not have to wash dishes every day! Overall I love everything Medela!
Allycia H.
Ammon, ID
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I love the medela breast pump. The shields are replaceable so you can find the perfect fit for great comfort. Plus everything comes apart really well making cleaning it so much easier.
Jennifer P.
I could not of survived working without my Medela pump. I was very determined and passionate about only breastfeeding our babies, but I also had to work. The shields were never uncomfortable. And I was always expecting the valve to break down and have to replace it a bunch for how flimsy they seem to be. But they must make them to last well, because through a whole year it never lost it's strength. Do wish they were more affordable, but they are worth every single penny.
Channing C.
CAVE CITY, KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I own a madela pump an I love it. It's very simple to use an compact am these work amazingly. They have good suction an do not hurt your breast while pumping. An super easy to clean.
Crystal S.
Pharr, TX
How do you keep this part clean? I notice milk getting stuck in the creases and it's hard to get out.
Olivia R.
Rockford, IL
I wash this every time I use but still doesn't clean right. How do you guys clean it?
Sara T.
WATERTOWN, NY
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
How can you actually tell if a breast shield is too large? How much areola is too much entering the flamge? I don't have pain with pumping, but it's a current question of mine regarding the standard size. Medela Breastshield Valve & Membrane
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
Does anyone use these with a pump bra for hands free pumping?