Medela 2pk 27mm PersonalFit Breastshields - L uploaded by Casandra C.

BY MEDELA #61 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

Medela's PersonalFit Breastshields allow you to personalize your breastshield size for maximum comfort while pumping. Available in different sizes to meet every mom's needs. Properly fitted breastshields may help to increase milk output. Adaptable to Medela breastpumps. Convenient for traveling or to have extras on hand for less frequent cleaning. Attaches to PersonalFit Connectors (sold separately). Contains 2 PersonalFit Breastshields. see more...

Casandra C.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
My fiancé had to run out and get me these late at night because the ones that came with my pump were too small and I wasn't extracting the milk properly. As soon as I used the 27mm size the milk flowed freely. These were perfect for me but everyone is different especially when your engorged.
Lupe M.
Denver, CO
The brand is great. They have tons of different sizes. I have a fuller chest and had to use a size 31mm or 33mm can't remember, because of the rubbing on the sides of the 24mm and 27mm way to much for me to pump comfortably. It can be hard to fine the bigger sizes as well. Once I got a bigger size I was able to pump much more comfortably.
Melissa C.
EASTPOINTE, MI
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
As a mom who pumps at work, I learned that I needed to go up a size in flange diameter for pumping. If you're getting rubbing or a smaller output, try going up from the 24mm that come with the pump to the 27mm. It will definitely help your pumping routine, whether you pump at work or exclusively pump.
Hanna M.
In my opinion This saved my breastfeeding experience! I had my first son and this helped me breastfeed! My nipples were inverted so we had to train them to protrude but it was ao hard for my baby to latch and then it was painful after a few tries! So when my nurse gave me this i felt much better and about 2 months later i was able to let it go and breastfeed fine!, i breastfed for 2 years and i beleive i wouldn't have been able to without this marvelous invention!!!! So thank you!
Amber L.
San Diego, CA
I much prefer these to the medium! I realized that I wasn't expressing as much as I thought I should and going up a size totally fixed the problem! However. It was very difficult to come to this conclusion. I highly recommend speaking to a lactation consultant before making any decision.
Lacy P.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
As a mama who exclusively pumped for a year, these were a big part of my life! I used them multiple times a day! They held up great and I never had any issues with them! I was also great that they were separate from the connector pieces to make for easy cleaning! ...of this part at least!
Nathaly S.
Sun Prairie, WI
Having the correct flange size makes a huge difference in milk output. When I first started pumping I was using the standard one that came with the pupm kit and was getting a very low output. I asked the lactation consultant about it and she suggested I change the flange size and upon doing so my milk production went up. I am so glad Medela has options for these, as we are not all the same.
Aubriel H.
Macon, GA
My only complaint would be the difficulty of determing what size shield is correct. The shield its self though is vey comfortable, it doesn't leave my nipples cracked or sore like with breastfeeding. The shield is also easy to easy and it attracts and detact very easily.
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
😡The hospital gave it to me to try to because I wanted to breastfeed but the baby wouldn't latch on. Oh, my baby latched on but so did the breast shield. Looked like the more I pulled to get it off, the more it latched. They also has the smaller nip one that also does the same. End up throwing away and bought a softer brand.
Heidy M.
My pump came with size medium shields which turned out to be a bit too big. It was seriously affecting how much I pumped. I loved that I could order size small which was definitely a better fit and improved my output.Love that Medela offers different sizes!
Rachel P.
Calhoun, LA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
How do you determine the correct size?

back