The Best Gear to Unleash Your Inner Rocky
Medela 16 mm Nipple Shield
4.67 / 5 based on 212 Reviews
Top Questions See all 5 Q&A
Medela 16 mm Nipple Shield
- "I followed the directions exactly and even had the breast feeding consultant help me, but it was a constant problem...more trouble than it was worth." in 19 reviews
- "I am very thankful for these both my daughters had a hard time latching and these made it possible for me to nurse them both for a year." in 14 reviews
- "first of all id like to say thank you jesus if these had not been made my babys probably would of not been breastfed.i used the other size i forgot witch one but its bigger.total life saver!!!" in 14 reviews
- "My son was born with an attached tongue so it made it really hard for him to latch on which would make him upset and in return would upset me seeing him struggle when I tried to breast feed him and I was just about to give up when a nurse suggested this nipple shield, and it worked!!!!" in 13 reviews
- "my lactation consultant finally gave me this to try, and i put it on, squeezed milk into it from my breast (cause there a space until the baby pulls your nipple into it), and my son latched right away." in 13 reviews
This has made my life so much easier. Not only did it help make feeding my little man easier but it helped ease the pain on breastfeeding. It’s really easy to use, just put it on over your nipple, & easy to take off. I got mine at his pediatrics office but amazon also sells them & id get maybe more than one but it’s totally worth it!
This is the best product for a mom whose having trouble getting her baby to latch. We had a rough first week home, and my doctor recommended this. I swear it saved us all. However you have to ween your baby off of this otherwise they will need it forever. It's a mistake people don't realize can happen. Babies will learn to only latch to that and not directly to the nipple. I would recommend this to any mom who needs help latching and is at wits end.
This helped me accomplish my goals of breastfeeding for a year. My daughter would not latch for very long when she was born. The lactation specialist gave me one of these & it was a miracle. I tried to wean her off of it a couple weeks later & she wasn't having it. So I ended up using this for the whole year I breastfed her. I obviously would have rather not needed it but it was a real blessing since my daughter wouldn't take my milk without it.
I know this is mainly used for inverted nipples but my nipple was cracked and extremely tender. Using the shield helped me out tremendously! It allowed my LO to nurse without killing me ! It's easy to apply and stays in place pretty well. I do feel the shield is a little pricey just for one. I was able to purchase mine at target. If have cracked sore nipples , this shield is a great little "band aid" to help you nurse with ease.
Saved my life and my nipples! I couldn't have continued to breast feed without this handy dandy shield. Had a baby with a poor latch resulting in a blister early on, it wa excruciating 😭 The shield was just thick enough to get me through my healing time and helped elongate my stubby nipples when in use 🙌🏼
I really liked this product! She had trouble latching and this really helped my baby.
Was a HUGE help early on in the hospital. Got me through the early stages!
This shield saved nursing for me! I have now made it 5 months exclusively nursing and I'm shield free but I couldn't have survived the first few weeks without it!
This brand worked for me. I liked the thinness of it and the size options available. Helped with both my kids for temporary issues.
I love got his because it protects you and helps the baby at the same time.
Q & A
Do you recommend to not use this all the time? or do you recommend using it for a little bit?
Did you find that after a while the shield didn't stick as well?
Heard a lot about these, how does it work excatly ?
The only time it didn't stick as well was when it wasn't clean. use some dish soap and give it a good scrub and it should be just like new.
Any moms that have experienced going from a baby who latches perfectly to using one of these whenever they begin to get teeth? My son is fast approaching his first few teeth and it hurts bad enough when he clenches down just with his gums. Will using one of these help at all??