Meals on Wheels uploaded by Alana M.Meals on Wheels uploaded by Autumn M.

BY MEALS ON WHEELS #9 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Do you know anyone that Meals On Wheels has helped?3 Answers
  • Has anyone used them or know someone who has?3 Answers
  • Does each city have this or Some only ?4 Answers
Meals on Wheels
  • "This is a great organization that does a lot of work to help elderly and disabled citizens get hot cooked meals brought to them! " in 40 reviews
  • "This is a great program for senior citizens age 60 and older , that are homebound due to illness or just can't get out to shop or simply can not prepare a healthy meal for themselves." in 31 reviews
  • "There are so many people who go hungry cause they have no one to help with their meals and this is where the organization comes in its more that just bringing food its being a friend and showing that someone cares for you." in 27 reviews
  • "I work for a nonprofit organization as well that helps individuals with disabilities in our community by creating jobs and providing ways for them to give back to their community." in 11 reviews
  • "I love this program..not only do they make it super easy to volunteer they work with your schedule so you can participate as much as possible..feels good to give back to the less fortunate." in 10 reviews
Michelle B.
Rome, GA
I’ve worked in the medical field for quite sometime and I’ve heard of several cases of patients receiving help from Meals on Wheels. I think it is a great organization for the elderly or those that are unable to get groceries themselves. Sometimes it’s the little things that count the most.
This organization is wonderful. They do so much to help people in society. The fat that they actually deliver meals to people in need is amazing. That’s something that is a necessity in life so this is perfect. It helps anyone in need and especially the elderly. This is a really good organization to do work for!
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I love this charity and think it helps so many people all over the nation who need a healthy meal and cannot either afford it or cannot physically make it for themselves. So many elderly people need the nourishment and cannot cook or shop for themselves any longer. This organiazation is run by volunteers who take prepare and deliver these meals on their own time.  Meals on Wheels
Michelle L.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
This a great program for people. They provide meals to people in need. People who can't get out of the house to shop for their own food. I support this program and hopes it stays around for a long time. They deliver wonderful food and on time. This organization is run by wonderful caring volunteers.
Kaitlyn V.
Castroville, CA
This is such an amazing organization. I remember being able to help to deliver Meals on Wheels to individuals when I was a Girl Scout, and I remember how much I enjoyed doing it because I knew that I was helping out people in my community. Also this organization was a huge help to my grandma and grandpa when my grandpa wasn’t doing that great and my grandma couldn’t go out and get stuff to make meals because she needed to be with him.
Shelly M.
Harrison, TN
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
meals on wheels is a great thing for the elderly community. Many of them don't have the energy to prepare meals for themselves or may even forget to eat without meals on wheels. Such a blessing to so many people in the community. Great service.
DeJonna R.
We have this charity in our area. We donate often to their cause! There are people who are not able bodied and can't get to the stores from food and being able to bring meals to their home helps insure no one goes hungry.
Addie B.
I learned more about this organization from listening to Stuff You Should Know podcast. From that, I can tell this is an important organization for elderly people. Volunteering can depend on the individual person too!
Marcie M.
Davison , MI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
His is a fantastic organization that helps so many people. I’m grateful for them , they’ve delivered food to my grandfather who could not cook for himself let alone afford to buy food . They were always pleasant and helpful . I will continue to support them .
Elizabeth R.
Linwood, NC
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Meals on Wheels is a wonderful charity that delivers meals to people who can't afford them, they help the under privileged, the disabled and children. They are a great charity that really does a lot of work in our local community, you can just tell they care.
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
Do we have any Meals On Wheels volunteers on Influenster?
Jose G.
Mesa, AZ
I feel like these people are a fraud can someone please tell me they're not
Victoria R.
Kent, WA
Is this nationwide?
Nia J.
Are meals delivered daily or just once in awhile?
Tara P.
Is there for any age? I always thought this was for old people