Meals on Wheels uploaded by Alana M.Meals on Wheels uploaded by Autumn M.

BY MEALS ON WHEELS #9 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Does each city have this or Some only ?6 Answers
  • Have you participated with Meals on Wheels?8 Answers
  • Do you know anyone that Meals On Wheels has helped?4 Answers
Meals on Wheels
  • "This is a great organization that does a lot of work to help elderly and disabled citizens get hot cooked meals brought to them! " in 40 reviews
  • "This is a great program for senior citizens age 60 and older , that are homebound due to illness or just can't get out to shop or simply can not prepare a healthy meal for themselves." in 31 reviews
  • "There are so many people who go hungry cause they have no one to help with their meals and this is where the organization comes in its more that just bringing food its being a friend and showing that someone cares for you." in 27 reviews
  • "I work for a nonprofit organization as well that helps individuals with disabilities in our community by creating jobs and providing ways for them to give back to their community." in 11 reviews
  • "I love this program..not only do they make it super easy to volunteer they work with your schedule so you can participate as much as possible..feels good to give back to the less fortunate." in 10 reviews
Cristina G.
My childhood next door neighbor, whom has since past away, relied on MOW a few days a week. She has an interesting story. She grew up in an affluent, upper class family in California. She married a military man, which was unacceptable to her family and forbid her to see, much less marry. She rebelled was this kicked out of the family and inheritance. She continue to live in California with her husband. Unable to have children of her own, she adopted a boy. Forward a couple decades, her husband dies. She never remarried. She moves to Georgia with her son. Her son died on a heart attack while I was in high school; he was in his early 50’s. Having no other family, my father would check in on her, bring her a plate of dinner, sit with her and do puzzles, take her cat to the vet, take her grocery shopping, doctors appt, etc.

One day, he was helping her clean out some stuff and he came across her sons old year books. As he was looking through, he saw non other than a young Stephan Spielberg! She said that was her sons best friend growing up. His son was talk and shy. Spielberg was the only Jewish boy at school and no one wanted to associate with him so both outcast boys made friends with each other. Isn’t that a great story!?!? Her body was frail but her mind was super sharp!

My dad noticed she didn’t always eat the meals he brought over. She finally told him that my mom’s Italian cooking didn’t sit well with her. She said it was good but she wasn’t used to the spices and flavor. Bless! So, my dad got her MOW. She was happy with the food. Plus, it allowed her to have more visitors, visitors that my dad trusted to come to the house knowing they weren’t going to harm or rob her. She made new friends. It kept her mind active, which keeps elderly people live longer.

On the flip side, today, I know several volunteers and staff whom work for Wheels in Meals. I can tell you everyone is doing this for reasons similar above or other reasons that meet the mission statement. They truly care and want to help. These people are patient and understanding. Now, I’ve never tasted the food so I cant speak on that
Michelle B.
Rome, GA
I’ve worked in the medical field for quite sometime and I’ve heard of several cases of patients receiving help from Meals on Wheels. I think it is a great organization for the elderly or those that are unable to get groceries themselves. Sometimes it’s the little things that count the most.
Shannon💋 W.
Horsham, PA
This organization is wonderful. They do so much to help people in society. The fat that they actually deliver meals to people in need is amazing. That’s something that is a necessity in life so this is perfect. It helps anyone in need and especially the elderly. This is a really good organization to do work for!
Kaitlyn V.
Castroville, CA
This is such an amazing organization. I remember being able to help to deliver Meals on Wheels to individuals when I was a Girl Scout, and I remember how much I enjoyed doing it because I knew that I was helping out people in my community. Also this organization was a huge help to my grandma and grandpa when my grandpa wasn’t doing that great and my grandma couldn’t go out and get stuff to make meals because she needed to be with him.
Laura M.
Louisville, KY
Meals on Wheels is when meals are delivered to elderly people or invalids who are unable either to prepare meals or have meals otherwise provided. This is a great organization to volunteer for. They always need some helping hands and it is very rewarding.
Shelly M.
Harrison, TN
meals on wheels is a great thing for the elderly community. Many of them don't have the energy to prepare meals for themselves or may even forget to eat without meals on wheels. Such a blessing to so many people in the community. Great service.
🌺Analicia🌺 N.
Tempe, AZ
Meals on wheels is a wonderful organization. These voulenteers selflessly give their time to go and provide food and care to people who are in need or don't have anyone else. These voulenteers change people's lives and bring them joy and that is so commendable. I would love to try and voulenteer for this organization.
DJayy R.
We have this charity in our area. We donate often to their cause! There are people who are not able bodied and can't get to the stores from food and being able to bring meals to their home helps insure no one goes hungry.
Kimberly S.
Proctorville, OH
This is a nice organization that I've had some personal experience with. My grandmother had dementia, and I was her caretaker. I also had a toddler and was pregnant, so it was hard for me at a point in time to do everything I needed. That's where Meals On Wheels was really helpful. They brought warm, ready to eat meals.
Addie B.
I learned more about this organization from listening to Stuff You Should Know podcast. From that, I can tell this is an important organization for elderly people. Volunteering can depend on the individual person too!
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
Do we have any Meals On Wheels volunteers on Influenster?
Jose G.
Mesa, AZ
I feel like these people are a fraud can someone please tell me they're not
Victoria R.
Kent, WA
Is this nationwide?
Nia J.
Are meals delivered daily or just once in awhile?
Tara P.
Is there for any age? I always thought this was for old people