Meals on Wheels uploaded by Alana M.Meals on Wheels uploaded by Autumn M.

BY MEALS ON WHEELS #11 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Has anyone used them or know someone who has?3 Answers
  • How can you volunteer? I use to see them come around but don't kn...5 Answers
  • Can you volunteer for this?2 Answers
Meals on Wheels
  • "This is a great organization that does a lot of work to help elderly and disabled citizens get hot cooked meals brought to them! " in 40 reviews
  • "This is a great program for senior citizens age 60 and older , that are homebound due to illness or just can't get out to shop or simply can not prepare a healthy meal for themselves." in 31 reviews
  • "There are so many people who go hungry cause they have no one to help with their meals and this is where the organization comes in its more that just bringing food its being a friend and showing that someone cares for you." in 27 reviews
  • "I work for a nonprofit organization as well that helps individuals with disabilities in our community by creating jobs and providing ways for them to give back to their community." in 11 reviews
  • "I love this program..not only do they make it super easy to volunteer they work with your schedule so you can participate as much as possible..feels good to give back to the less fortunate." in 10 reviews
Christina C.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
Good Samaritan Expert
This charity is around where i live in Nashville. Meals on wheels deliver food to the elderly, disabled, and children who are struggling, and don't have the money to feed themselves. These people from the charity deliver food to the less fortunate, so they can have a healthy, nutritious, meal just like the people who have money. Every human deserves to eat. Food is a necessity, and its ashamed our country would rather feed people in foreign countries, then feed our own starving, american children! Thats where "Meals on wheels" comes in. What they do is a very beautiful thing. Good thing theirs some of us left who care about OUR OWN people, rather than out of country! No disabled, Elderly, or child should EVER have to miss a meal!!
Natasha N.
Natasha N.
Jacksonville, FL
I remember this program as a child! The MOW would leave the meal at our house because our neighbor didn't answer and we would bring the meal to them when they arrived home me. It was always exciting if I was the one who was able to deliver the hot meal. To still see this happening today for those of age that cannot prepare hot meals all the time brings joy to my heart. I have heard grandma complain things were a little bland for her liking but they can't spice it up or add much salt because they are delivering to the elderly. Also, it's not a problem her spice cabinet couldn't take care of. None the less these complete (fruit, drink meal and biscuit or cornbread) hot meals are a blessing.
Dawnette P.
Dawnette P.
Wyoming, MI
This organization is amazing....My grandmother, who was finding it difficult in her later years, to cook for herself anymore had meals on wheels deliver to her meals for 5 days worth of meals every week. They came in the form of TV dinners and there was such a wide variety of food! The delivery drivers were amazing because they would sit and talk with her for a while before going to their next client. They were so nice to her that they would even check up on her on their days off!
Absolutely love meals on wheels!
Malanie M.
Malanie M.
Crown City , OH
This is an incredible organization helping out the elderly. A lot of elderly people don't feel like cooking & some cannot cook nice hot meals. This organization takes hot meals right to the door & ensures the elderly receive a nice hot meal. Before my Grandpa passed away he received meals on wheels. They even bring you snacks, and frozen meals for the weekend. The people that bring the meals are so friendly. It's sad to think that some elderly only get the meals on wheels people to visit their home.
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Mulliken, MI
This is truly a great service to the elderly and disabled. My girls and I have helped package the food trays with a girl scout troop and everyone was so happy to know about all the people we will have helped. We even wrapped Christmas presents for them also. The organization wanted to make sure everyone had a gift to open on Christmas seeming may do not have any family. If you get a chance to help this organization do it. You won't have any regrets!
Julie M.
Julie M.
Lumberton, NC
Meals on wheels is a life savor for so many of our elderly population along with the disabled. Being able to count on one hot meal a day delivered is often the only meal many of these people receive. They also have the opportunity based on circumstances to receive absolutely free. Can you imagine seeing a friendly face daily bringing you food would be a highlight for them and for you too. It's important to find a way to give back to our world.
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Meals on Wheels is such an amazing, necessary organization. Millions of senior citizens all over the United States suffer decreased mobility and can sometimes become homebound, making it hard to get the food they need, especially if they don't have family. Meals on Wheels makes sure those who can't get out on their own aren't left behind to go hungry. It's a great cause to donate to, and a wonderful organization to volunteer for!
Lisa M.
Lisa M.
Beaverton, OR
Grandma received meals from them for several years. they brought her healthy meals every day. she didn't need to worry about what she was going to have for dinner. this kept her safer than she would have been having to cook dinner for herself everyday and possibly falling. they help many people in the same situation everyday. a lot of people don't leave their homes but still need fresh healthy food to stay healthy.
Kathleen F.
Kathleen F.
Good Samaritan Expert
This is an impressive organization. When I worked with adults with special needs, many of them received meals on wheels and the volunteers brought it right to their doors. They were always incredibly friendly and would take your personal preferences and needs seriously. One of my guys didn't like egg salad and they noted it so he would never receive egg salad sandwiches. Great organization!
tanya c.
tanya c.
Mt Sterling, KY
Meals on wheels feeds a lot of people this is a great thing to have to help are disable and elderly my aunt was very sick and her husband this organization took food to them every day and the people was so nice my aunt used to call me because she lived far away and would tell me about how great these people where and how it made life so much easier and better thank you meals on wheels
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
Do we have any Meals On Wheels volunteers on Influenster?
Jose G.
Jose G.
Mesa, AZ
I feel like these people are a fraud can someone please tell me they're not
Victoria R.
Victoria R.
Kent, WA
Is this nationwide?
Nia J.
Nia J.
Are meals delivered daily or just once in awhile?
Tara P.
Tara P.
Is there for any age? I always thought this was for old people