BY PENGUIN GROUP #34 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?18 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Nancy C.
Do you want to read a book that isn't your usual romance? Maybe, perhaps, do you want to cry?

I stumbled upon this great read on my kindle. I saw the title and was like "hm, I saw the commercial for the movie - and I want to see the movie, so I think I'll read it."

Did I expect to stay up until 3am and devour this book in 1 1/2 days?!!! No. But I thoroughly loved it.

The storyline wasn't cliche and it wasn't a perfect happy romance. I love Jojo Moyes writing style also - everything flows so well.

I highly highly recommend. I will definitely reread in the next few years.
Jeanna D.
It's a really good read, I was hooked and didn't want to put it down once I started. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting after finishing though; it wasn't quite the "romance" I was expecting since it didn't really happen until the end of the book. It seemed more that they became best friends after their journey together. I was also expecting tears, but I came away from it feeling that all was right and well in their world. All in all it was less about romance and more about the "live your life to the fullest" message, which I really liked.
Katye M.
Pittsfield, MA
The book is always better in my opinion,I loved the movie as well but the book just really describes the relationship the characters had. It’s just better period. I love the book!
Teresa M.
Absolutely love this book, i couldnt put down once i started reading it. I recommend this book to anyone who loves a love story you won't be disappointed trust me
Emily L.
I will definitely reread this book in the future. It was funny, sad, deep, and relatable with the slightest sense of mystery about Will. There were definitely moments that caught me by surprise and kept the plot interesting. The characters were all very well written and I could easily picture them in my mind as I read. I will say that I was extremely disappointed by the movie, it didn't do the book justice and it felt like it just sped through the storyline
Kayda P.
Richmond, VA
This book was so incredibly moving! She has a way of writing that really captures every feeling possible. I didn't want the book to end! I just bought the second part, so I can't wait to see what happens.
Samantha W.
Versailles, OH
Every book I read I always get emotionally invested in it and this was all the same. I wasn't very impressed with the book, it received a lot of positive attention when the movie came out, but it didn't support all the raved reviews In my opinion. Me Before You is a great love story that doesn't end in happily ever after like most would hope. Me Before You is a more realistic love story & should be read by those that don't mind a sad ending.
Brittany G.
Rock Hill, SC
This book was wonderful. The ending was very sad but the rest of the book was a beautiful story. I recommend reading this before watching the movie because they left out so much that was in the book that you should know about to make your experience with the movie better! I'm giving it 4 stars because I wish it would have had a better ending, it's been a week and I still get the urge to cry when I think about the ending I read!
Sabrina A.
Saint Louis, MO
I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars. This book was simply amazing. It is funny, sad, and rich with many other emotions. My favorite character would have to be Lou-she's so dorky and funny and full of life despite the fact that she had something bad happened to her. I just wish the ending could have been changed to a different happier ending. Overall this book will be one of my favorites at all times!!!! ❤️
Sophia M.
I read this book because a friend recommended me. Once I started reading I couldn't stop!! I love this love story, I think it's not a conventional love story and I like that, because we are used to a happy ending (and that's ok) but we need to understand that there is too many people in the world and all of us are not the same. We have different lifes and problems, and not all the real love stories are gonna end in the same way
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good