BY PENGUIN GROUP #8 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Katie M.
Langhorne, PA
This book was amazing. One hundred times better than the movie. This book will leave you wondering what will happen next as well as crying while reading over the love story. I couldn't put it down ! Highly recommended.
Makayla T.
Boiling Spgs, SC
A tale of love and loss that is tragic but wonderful! I love the writing and the story that the author has written and shared with all of us readers and I think the film adaptation is just as great as the book itself!
Lauren D.
I loved this book, it's the one that got me into reading other books written by the author. I read it before the movie come out and of the course the book is a hundred times better than the movie. While reading I couldn't put the book down and finished it within a couple days. So naturally I went out and bought the sequel "me after you"
Addie B.
If you rate a drama book by the amount of tears, this would be the highest rated book. I balled my eyes out. The story is addicting, I ended up staying up until 3 am to finish this book. I loved it!
Emily T.
Maple Grove, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I really loved this book. It made me laugh, cry, and be angry all at the same time. I think that it was very well written and doesn't compare to how good the movie was. The ending was so sad though because I really thought that she would be able to save him with her love.
Natalie A.
Read this book because I saw the trailer for the movie and kind of wanted to find out what it was about before I went and paid money to watch the film (the trailer told me nothing), and I actually really enjoyed reading it, although it is a bit tragically haunting. Not your typical love story, but I think that's what makes this book stand out from all the other love stories out there. I finished this book in a day, if that tells you anything. Really can't wait to see the film now that I know the story. Currently reading the sequel and it's just as good!
Fran V.
Me before You is one of the most popular books of the year. And I know why.
This book is very good and very interesting. The reading is a little slow but I love it.
You must read it.
Amee R.
After almost a year of not reading a book(been so busy taking care of my newborn) I fell in love with reading again after this book. It had me up past midnight just to read another chapter. I was hung on every word and enjoyed to read and experience the love that was growing between Lou and Will. it's such an extraordinary love story and a bittersweet ending. I felt compassionate towards Will and could see where he was coming from with his decisions but secretly still wanted him to agree to just try for Lou's sake.
This is such a beautiful book and I would recommend in a heartbeat to any book lover.
Nancy C.
Do you want to read a book that isn't your usual romance? Maybe, perhaps, do you want to cry?

I stumbled upon this great read on my kindle. I saw the title and was like "hm, I saw the commercial for the movie - and I want to see the movie, so I think I'll read it."

Did I expect to stay up until 3am and devour this book in 1 1/2 days?!!! No. But I thoroughly loved it.

The storyline wasn't cliche and it wasn't a perfect happy romance. I love Jojo Moyes writing style also - everything flows so well.

I highly highly recommend. I will definitely reread in the next few years.
Jeanna D.
It's a really good read, I was hooked and didn't want to put it down once I started. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting after finishing though; it wasn't quite the "romance" I was expecting since it didn't really happen until the end of the book. It seemed more that they became best friends after their journey together. I was also expecting tears, but I came away from it feeling that all was right and well in their world. All in all it was less about romance and more about the "live your life to the fullest" message, which I really liked.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good