Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?18 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Katie M.
Langhorne, PA
This book was amazing. One hundred times better than the movie. This book will leave you wondering what will happen next as well as crying while reading over the love story. I couldn't put it down ! Highly recommended.
Tara M.
I loved this book, and I hated it at the very same time. It was somewhat predictable. Which, I went into reading the book fully expecting that. What I did NOT expect at all was being so wrecked by this book. I'm not overreacting at all. I was literally wrecked.

I absolutely adored Will Traynor. I loved Louisa Clark as well, but for me - WILL was the star in this book. His character absolutely shined! I really don't have the words to describe how real the author made these two characters. At least for me.

There was a part near the end - that made me want to rip someone's hair out. That particular part of the story was unnecessary. That's all I will say regarding that. I admit I almost deducted a star because of that, but felt the book really does deserve 5 stars.
Megan W.
Big Stone Gap, VA
I purchased the book and read it before watching the movie and it was well worth my money. It’s such an amazing story if you don’t like reading, then I definitely recommend watching the movie. They were both awesome.
Christa S.
Mogadore, OH
I loved this book!! This was one of the few books I've read in my life that I just couldn't put down. It is definitely a must read book and I really recommend it!
Makayla T.
Boiling Spgs, SC
Bookworm Expert Level 1
A tale of love and loss that is tragic but wonderful! I love the writing and the story that the author has written and shared with all of us readers and I think the film adaptation is just as great as the book itself!
Lauren D.
I loved this book, it's the one that got me into reading other books written by the author. I read it before the movie come out and of the course the book is a hundred times better than the movie. While reading I couldn't put the book down and finished it within a couple days. So naturally I went out and bought the sequel "me after you"
Addie B.
If you rate a drama book by the amount of tears, this would be the highest rated book. I balled my eyes out. The story is addicting, I ended up staying up until 3 am to finish this book. I loved it!
Emily T.
Maple Grove, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I really loved this book. It made me laugh, cry, and be angry all at the same time. I think that it was very well written and doesn't compare to how good the movie was. The ending was so sad though because I really thought that she would be able to save him with her love.
Natalie A.
Read this book because I saw the trailer for the movie and kind of wanted to find out what it was about before I went and paid money to watch the film (the trailer told me nothing), and I actually really enjoyed reading it, although it is a bit tragically haunting. Not your typical love story, but I think that's what makes this book stand out from all the other love stories out there. I finished this book in a day, if that tells you anything. Really can't wait to see the film now that I know the story. Currently reading the sequel and it's just as good!
Amee R.
After almost a year of not reading a book(been so busy taking care of my newborn) I fell in love with reading again after this book. It had me up past midnight just to read another chapter. I was hung on every word and enjoyed to read and experience the love that was growing between Lou and Will. it's such an extraordinary love story and a bittersweet ending. I felt compassionate towards Will and could see where he was coming from with his decisions but secretly still wanted him to agree to just try for Lou's sake.
This is such a beautiful book and I would recommend in a heartbeat to any book lover.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good