BY PENGUIN GROUP #8 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Allie P.
Northport, AL
I am normally not one that is easily or quickly drawn to any sort of romance novel, anything on the twilight/50 Shades (not that I'm calling those romantic) spectrum honestly leaves me running for the hills. I heard great things about this book, but I was skeptical. Then I saw the previews for the film, and it made me want to read the book because I wanted to go see the movie (yes I'm that person, I read before I view). Parts of the story were predictable, others not so much. I won't lie, I cried. The last portion of the book had me weepy and sentimental for all sorts of reasons. This book breaks your heart in the best possible way. I struggled to put it down every day and would have easily finished it in a day if I wasn't trying to prolong it ending, that's how charming I found certain characters and their dynamics. Read this book, do yourself that favor. You will thank yourself for it when you're done.
Audrey A.
I love this book and this movie. It's a tear jerker but it tackles such under appreciated material. As someone with a disability, it tackles deep thoughts and concerns I have had myself. But in the end it's a story about one man and one girl and they have powerful chemistry.
Jessica V.
Clairton, PA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I never knew about this book until i saw the movie. But i fell in love with the movie so i had to read the book! Such a great story. You laugh and cry with the characters.
Samantha R.
Albuquerque, NM
A. You will cry.
B. You will cry some more.
C. You will never stop crying!
This book is perfect. It is gripping and thought provoking and you must go read it. Have kleenexes handy! There will be sad and happy tears so do not let the crying deter you.
Kristi C.
The book started off great. It kept my attention, However I feel as if the book ended very abruptly. I felt wanting more information at the end. I know there were sequels to the book but I never cared to read the others because of how this one ended.
Julie J.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I loved this book. This made me laugh and cry. I enjoyed the location of the book. I loved everyone and slight romance in the book. I will always remember this book for the bee tights and granted that this is movie. Books are always better than movies.
Tara N.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I enjoyed this book. It's a fairly quick read and was easy to get into. The storyline is sad by nature, but also filled with hope and love. It addresses some heavy issues in a humanizing manner. Thought provoking book, but keep the tissues handy!
Sarah N.
Tazewell, TN
Another amazing love story that'll keep you laughing when you're not crying. A love story so great it gave me cold chips often when I was reading it. The book doesn't just focus on the romance though so it's just an all around good read.
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY
Such a enjoyable, easy read. The characters are developed fully and are extremely relatable, especially Lou. Her personality draws you in from the start and keeps you interested throughout the novel. It feels as if you grow with her as she overcomes challenges, develops with time, and begins to see a world in a new way. By the end, I was torn by Will's fate, and really empathized with Lou and the pain she was experiencing. I loved this book, although it's not challenging from a literary perspective it's a great story of love and loss and I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great summer read. This was one of my favorites of the year so far and I continued on to read Me After You, the next novel, which in my opinion fell a bit short. With that said, I still powered through it in a few days time simply because I love Lou's character.
Kady E.
Wow! This is such an amazing, heartfelt emotional rollercoaster of a book! I love that it is not just a typical fairy tale love story with a happy ending and everyone walking away thinking that is very rarely real life. This story is complicated, messy, emotional and in ways more so like reality, because life has happened and you have to deal with it. It is so raw and you can not help but get emotional reading it. You can feel the emotions that the characters feel and it is heartbreaking. To read a book that draws you in so deeply is the truest testament of an amazing story! I am starting the sequel and can't wait to see the journey Jojo Moyes takes me on.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good