BY PENGUIN GROUP #8 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Amy T.
I saw the trailer for the movie and I knew I was going to see it because 1) I'm a sucker for a sappy romance and 2) Sam Claflin. Of course I had to read the book first, because them's the rules. I was expecting a cry-my-eyes-out, intense tragic romance that many might refer to as "chick lit." And I was disappointed, because honestly, it was not sappy ENOUGH for me! Louisa is the most passive character, everything about her feels empty and she never makes a decision for herself. Seriously, even when she starts living her life it's because Will told her to. [Spoilers, TW] The reveal of her past trauma felt like a gimmick, like something the author added in to make her more sympathetic or morbidly "interesting," rather than to explain or drive her character forward. And the "romance" didn't feel like a romance at all...there are too few meaningful conversations between the two main characters for me to buy that they fall in love. I did not cry at the end, didn't even feel remotely affected. I know it's a bestseller and I'm in the minority here. Still looking forward to the movie though; I hope they sap it up!
Hannah H.
Antioch, TN
Great book! Easy to get into, and kept me interested to the end. I loved the relationship development between Lou and Will. I can't wait to read more from this author. I highly recommend to others!! But it is definitley sad.
Ali K.
Wentzville, MO
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I really enjoyed this book. It kept me intrigued the whole time. I am a complete sucker for a sappy romance. I did cry when reading this book, which any book that can bring that type of emotion out of a person is a great book in my opinion. I definitely recommend this book to others. I haven't seen the movie yet.
Jordyn L.
Terrebonne, OR
I must say I was that person who saw the movie before reading the book. However, I decided to read the book (especially after finding out here was a second book, woo hoo!). The book is amazing and reads so easily and I would recommend anyone to read this book!!!!
Rhianon B.
If you liked the movie, you will LOVE the book. It's so much better than the movie, and I love the movie. This book had me in so many tears by the end that I could even see to continue reading. It's an amazing book and a wonderful story.
Natasha C.
I read this in a matter of days . I could not stop. I became so attatched to Will and I just wanted to know what was happening. I had such a strong desire for Will and Louisa to fall in such a mad love and work out.. and I almost would say I wasn't disappointed except my heart snapped.
dreaa l.
I can't really say much about this but considering I stopped reading the book and watch the movie because I kind of got tired of reading one day but what I read was pretty much the same thing as the movie
Danielle W.
Aurora, CO
I absolutely loveddd this book. While it is a love story, it isn't a fairytale. It shows that life isn't perfect and thay people struggle but that good can come from any situation. Make sure to read the sequel as well!
Katelyn W.
Mobile, AL
I loved this book! The story was beautiful and I was so excited when I found out there was a sequel. The storyline flowed wonderfully, and I felt like I was there every step of the way. This is definetly a must read!
Chrissy D.
Florence, KY
Bookworm Expert Level 1
One of my favorite books of all time! It is a sad book, with happy moments in between. I cried a lot and wished some things would have turned out differently but then I dont think it would have been as good. I enjoyed the main characters and the author has a good writing style that kept my interest
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good