BY PENGUIN GROUP #8 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Laura S.
Argyle, TX
Bien narrada, buenos argumentos y sobre todo tremendos personajes. Aquí es donde John green tiene que aprender sobre como escribir y profundizar lo suficiente en los personajes. Jojo se ha destacado mucho con estos libros y nos da una protagonista excéntrica personalidad y torpes sentimientos y un protagonista masculino fuerte, depresivo y molesto consigo mismo por su falta de movimiento corporal.
Poppy H.
Grand Island, NE
I really loved this book. It made me laugh out loud, and it made me angry. I felt joy and helplessness with each new turn of the page. At times, I had to close the crisp pages of the Me before You and sit and reflect on what I just read and my own feelings. Me before You has made me want to expand my own horizons and seek experiences that I couldn’t imagine myself doing. If Will Traynor taught me anything, it's that life as you know it can change in a singular moment, you can’t squander any time because of fear of failure or the notion that I might not like something that I have never tried before. If something were to happen to me, I don’t want to be left on the other side thinking, “What if”.

I could relate to Louisa Clark. She is stuck in her small hometown and is comfortable in her small routine. She’s afraid to expand her horizons for the fear a failure, or for the fear that she won’t like something new. Once she meets Will, and he forces her to try new things, things she swore she wouldn’t like, and would never do because she believed they weren’t who she was, that’s when she blossomed. In the beginning Lou suffered with her own lack of self-confidence. She was trapped in a seemingly endless cycle of holding herself back. With each new experience though, from something as small as reading new books, watching foreign movies, or going to a symphony, she changed. The small four walls she trapped herself in began to break down. The changes were minute while reading, but with each new push Will provided, Louisa changed. She became unhindered by her own fear.

I believe Me before You would appeal to all audiences, but especially readers in their 20’s and 30’s. Me before You would speak to audiences who have a romantic relationship, children, or other loved ones. Fair warning to those who are easily prone to crying during emotional packed moments, you will cry.
Ana C.
I will be honest and say that I read this book because I saw it was being made into a movie. That being said the boook is way better than the movie. The character development and relationships are terrific. It's never boring. I loved reading this and even though sad at times I will read it again.
Megan H.
Carpentersvle, IL
I read this book right before the movie came out and I finished it in one night. I was hooked. It gives you one big twist that I would have never thought was going to happen. The main character Lou is so likable and you can't help but sympathize with her. The other main character, Will, was hard to like a bit, but as he relaxed, I did too. A must read if you need some emotions in your life.
Joleen V.
Yuma, AZ
Excuse me while I go cry from being reminded about this novel.  This book shattered my soul when I didn't think it was possible.  I fell in love with these characters and it didn't end the way I thought it would.  It was an emotional journey and I loved it.  I won't read the second one, I can't.  I don't think it needed a sequel.
Gabriela V.
Lawrence, KS
This book kept me on my toes the entire time! You don't really know what is going to happen, until the very end! If you are interested in reading a great story with some awesome characters you should pick this book up, and I'm certain you won't let it go
Rose S.
Mesa, AZ
I was in a book club when I read this book and the story broke all our hearts. It was so gut wrenching to read this story. I loved the character development and the changes they go through. It was wonderful written. I felt like I was in it with them. I did see the movie and thought it was a wonderful adaptation, Lovely, sad, and hopeful all in one.
Violet L.
Calhoun , GA
I absolutely love this book! It was so beautifully written. It's a tear jerker so make sure you have so tissues close by. The ending is sad but still very good. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a good complicated love story!❤👌🏼
Jessica R.
Marenisco, MI
I just finished this book after months of putting off reading it and idk what I was waiting for. Keep the tissues close when reading it because it is a tear jerker. I think it's a must read and I'm so happy my friend passed it on to me.
Shaunice L.
I am so angry with the ending. I cried forever! Book was beautifully written. I loved the characters especially Lou, she handled her new job with a brace face an optimistic outlook. I do recommend this book if you love romance.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good