BY PENGUIN GROUP #8 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Hannah C.
Oviedo, FL
Jojo Moyes truly captured my attention and my heart with this emotional roller coaster. While I found myself struggling through the first few chapters, Moyes' writing style absolutely grabbed my attention! I devoured this book, reading from start to finish in one day. I found myself literally laughing out loud one minute and tearing up the next followed almost immediately by straight up ugly crying. Would definitely recommend and am looking forward to picking up the sequel.
Isabel R.
St Petersburg, FL
Bookworm Expert Level 2
This book has taken my breath away. It has been great and wonderful, but at the same time devastating.

It has a super cute and touching story, with characters perfect for it, incredible scenes, beautiful dialogues. It hooks you up and makes you feel everything.

I do not know what else to say other than a spoiler. But I would read this book again and again. When I just finished it I bought the tickets to go to the movie the next day; and I do not know which of the two occasions I cried more. I do not think I'd ever cried like this for a book.

Nothing else, read it.
Misha A.
Seaside, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
As always the movie version of this left out so many things.The movie made me cry the book made feel I laughed ,I got mad and I bawled my eyes out but if pick it up and read it again in a heartbeat need to remember why and how to love someone who may be considered unlovable or "broken " read this book or if you want a terribly romantic book with a unhappy ending read it because you won't regret it
Briana H.
Minot Afb, ND
I must say this book had me in my feelings, it was literally a roller coaster of emotions. Some parts were certainly slower than others, but you just have to keep going. Very well written, recommend to audiences in their 20's and early 30's! Enjoyable book.
Leah T.
Gainesville, FL
This book is so beautifully written. It balances between hardships, romance, and humor. I love both Will and Lou and how they are both developed as characters. I also love how in detail the author went about Will's medical condition and the different struggles he had to deal with due to this, such as how the book includes multiple scenes where Will needs immediate medical attention and includes what that consists of. Everything meshes together seamlessly and I can't recommend this book enough.
Alex P.
Elizabeth, PA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
With no expectations, I picked up this book I knew nothing about and ended up really enjoying it. By the end, I was completely invested in the characters. Charming, creative, and emotionally charged, full of interesting components. This book proves that love isn't always the fairytale we hope it would be. Sometimes it is hard and messy and in many cases end up with a broken heart but the key is learning and living though whatever kind of love you experience. Such a beautifully written love story!
Joharis A.
Miami, Florida
I really enjoyed this book. I'm not a big fan of romance, the author always seems to want to shove in your face how much they love each other and what not. I found the main character to be likable and a bright spot on this book considering the situation. While I knew the ending of this book( it was too predictable) I still enjoyed the story.
Melissa G.
New Jersey
This book made me never want to read another book again. I fell in love with the characters and truly invested emotionally in them. I cried so much reading this book; more than I've ever done for a book. This book had me happy and then sad and then happy. It definitely played with my emotions but oh was it fantastic! I love how it wasn't a typical romance story but it had its twists which I liked. Definitely would recommend this to anyone who wants their hearts played with!
Crystal G.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I knew from the beginning what was gonna happen but I'm still so sad. Written extremely well so that you understand where everyone's coming from and how they feel. This story is definitely gonna stay with me for awhile... meaning I'm gonna be pretty sad for awhile haha. Loved the main characters separately and together. I just.... CAN'T.
Misty S.
GA
Being a double amputee myself I really related to Will. Granted my condition is not as severe as Wills condition I understand Not wanting to go out and do stuff because of what other people will say or do. I was completely invested in this story and I never wanted to put the book down. I knew how the book was going to end going into it but I didn't want to believe it I was hoping that after Lou told Will how she felt that that would be enough for him.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good