BY PENGUIN GROUP #10 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
  • Did anyone see the movie also?!4 Answers
Buy on Amazon
kat m.
kat m.
Austin, TX
I bought this book at the airport. I'm usually a fan of romance novels, but this one was so lame. It's not what you think it's going to be about. I don't want to spoil it, but wow I was very disappointed. It's a one sided love story and I don't get why people are so obsessed with it. It's sad and not satisfying at all.
Sandra M.
Sandra M.
Glen Ellyn, IL
I had mixed feelings about this book. While I appreciated the complex characters, I was taken aback by the overall approach to disability as an "understandable" reason one would want to take his or her life. That being said, I did like the main character, Lou (bumblebee tights!). Bought this on paperback from Amazon
Kate W.
Kate W.
Williamsburg, KS
Get your Kleenex ready. I didn't know what this book was about before starting it and I was shocked to see such a popular book cover such a controversial topic. It gives you an interesting take on physician assisted suicide with an adorable love story. Overall, it had me hooked very early on and was a great read!
Dolores B.
Dolores B.
Excellent book. Not too long, and every single part of the book is intresting. I tend to skip pages or skim through the back since I get bored from the books I read easily. And with this book I didn't have to skip anything. Every part was interesting. This book truly gets to everyone and is heartbreaking.
Maria C.
Maria C.
Hamilton, NJ
I absolutely loved this book! I was interested based on the movie and I can honestly say that I'm so glad I read this before going to see it. The book is funny, it's a easy read, and it keeps you really interested the whole time. I love the chemistry between the two main characters! I really recommend it!
Eileen P.
Eileen P.
Austin, TX
If I could write a review with nothing but tears on blank pages it would say what needed to be said. You will cry. Very touching, although I am annoyed by the ending. It's something I relate to with someone in my life and I can't respect it. However, I like the book overall, so I've got to give it a 4.
Maddi V.
Maddi V.
This book is absolutely incredible. I was on senior trip at the beach when my friend recommended it to me, and I couldn't put it down. It's a hilarious, saddening and beautiful story that I think everyone should read. Also, read it before you see the movie because it just makes it that much better.
Melinda O.
Melinda O.
Fairbanks, AK
I love, really LOVE Me Before You. It was well written, made me laugh and cry. Oh I cried. The story is heartbreakingly beautiful. I wanted to jump into the book and become Louisa and change the outcome. I am dying for the movie to come out so I can watch it come to life, and not just in my head!
Casey R.
Casey R.
You know that the best kind of books that make you sob when you finish them! This was such a wonderful story, while covering some difficult subjects, I think the author handled those subjects very well. I absolutely loved it and would recommend it to everyone. The movie is wonderful as well!
Heather C.
Heather C.
Pulaski, NY
Loved this book!! After I read it last year, I enjoyed it so much I bought it for 3 different family members for Christmas. I'm usually drawn to a good mystery book so this was something different for me. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the second book.. As soon as I find time :-)
Valeria N.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good