BY PENGUIN GROUP #8 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Melissa R.
Surrey, BC
Wow …

Heading into this book, I was aware that it was a tearjerker. However, I somehow envisioned a lighter read than this.

Not to say that I was disappointed; I was completely in love with the novel and its characters. I believe that Jojo Moyes has put a lot of time and research into creating a topical plot; while also portraying the story as fairly and truthfully as possible. Moyes has highlighted quality of life issues and the idea of living to ones’ potential. Additionally, through the plot Moyes has established a good argument for and against Dignitas as well as assisted suicide.

Ultimately, Me Before You was an insightful and entertaining read. However, I didn’t care for Louisa’s family. I found them to be quite cruel to their oldest daughter; who, by the way, happened to be the family’s main provider.

To put it simply, I binge read “Me Before You” in just over a day. I could not seem to put it down.

All things considered, It is fair to say that this book is one that will be sticking with me for some time.

Next up, I will have to obtain a copy of the follow-up, After You.
Rrezi H.
Shkoder
I adore the story and the characters of the book. I read the book before the movie and must say that it's 100 times better. Great interaction with the reader and really easy to understand, it also made me cry at the end. Loved it
Susmita U.
london
Just finished this last night. Very good read, unique circumstances blow away any conventional wisdom we have learned. Turns your mind around. Good discussion possibilities for book clubs.The title forces you to think of someone else's circumstances in a new way. In other words think of me before you. I think.What do you think?
Julia V.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Beautiful drama, very touching, sad and painful. I did not like the end and the selfish way of Lou, but Louisa is a character with admirable grandeur and courage.
Sarah H.
Kingston, ON
If you want to read a book that is about the true meaning of love, then this is for you. This book is wonderfully written and an absolute joy to read. You fall so in live with the characters and feel absolute sorrow at some points. This book is a gift from the author to the world.
Nayelis A.
miami, FL
En verdad no quería leerlo, decía que seria el tipico cliche de siempre y que el moriría, en lo cual no me equivoque. Pero todo fue diferente, no soy de leer romance pero esta novela fue hermosa y creo que quien no hay llorado leyendola tiene una piedra en lugar de corazón.
Avery E.
Rocky Mountain House, AB
Such a beautiful book. I love the writing style, love the characters. The story line is fantastic such a different idea. Really captivates the reader and hooks them from beginning to end. A definite must read.
Steph P.
I've only ever cried while reading a book a handful of times, but this had me crying unstoppable tears and in public too, but I didn't care. Nothing mattered but this book.

Beautifully written and packed full of humour and raw emotion.
Rachel J.
Darwen Road, Bolton
A book with a heavy twist that will leave your heart wrenched from your chest. Moyes presents characters that are loveable and we hate to turn the last page. You'll never want it to end and you won't be able to put it down xx
Chloe M.
Me before you is now up there with my all time favorite books ! I could not put it down 👓 reading this love story took me on a journey and I felt like I was part of the story myself ! I felt a connection with the events that are documented throughout this gripping book and found myself trying to guess what would happen next. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST READ if you are ready for a book to take you through an emotional journey then get to the shops and bag yourself this! Me before you is a revolution in love stories and I for one can not wait to read the sequel😀
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good