BY PENGUIN GROUP #9 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Clara Q.
Caracas
Yo después de ti, quien no lloró con esta historia? Simplemente uno de mis libros favoritos, te deja una gran enseñanza, hay que vivir la vida, disfrutar cada momento.
Kenya C.
Surrey, British Columbia
I love this book so much. The chemistry between the characters is so strong as well as the plot. it's highly recommend for anyone to read
Kimberly D.
The first novel book that I read in my entire life. I super super love it. It makes me laugh and cry. Very beautiful book so far
Peyton f.
Olathe, KS
JUST ORDERED!! it comes in the mail next week but very excited to read! I've heard great things and can't wait to read it!
Mary Eriel P.
This is very well written and very much heart crushing. The pain I have for Louisa and Will is just too much.
Ana N.
nancy
Ok, I'm a new fan! I just love when you read a book by an author you don't know about and you fall in love. This was one of those. Firstly, I have to admit I love all things English. I'm obsessed! With good reason though, I am English! Well... English-American I guess. My grandmother and mother were born in England, sadly I just haven't made it there ... YET! That said... do I think it's Jojo's Englishness that drew me in? No! This has fantastic writing, a great plot with suspense a bit of romance, and a great ending! The English slang just drew me in even more!!

Actually, although this could be figured out it's the fork in the road that had me guessing. I was really curious how it was going to end! It's interesting because Jojo Moyes is able to take such a deep subject, assisted suicide, and lay it all in a format so you can see the pro's and the con's all at once. It's incredibly well done. Never did I fell like she was trying to shove rhetoric down my throat.

I think one thing that she does very well is introduce and get her readers to love and have empathy with her characters. They are brilliant. I love that Lou is such a strange sort but it makes sense that she keeps to herself. As her story emerges we get to find out why she is ok playing life safe, everyone has a reason for no longer being brave, and hers fit the story quite well.

And then we meet Mr. Smarty Pants himself, Will Traynor. I just fell in love with this guy! It was hard because there's also Patrick. I never felt attached to Patrick and although I wanted the best for everyone I just felt that Patrick was a bit of a narcissist. I'm excited for him but come on Patrick, there are other people and other things in the world! Seriously. Funnily, I do really enjoy exercising so I could really understand his point of view but at the same time was sad that he was so mired in his own existence while Lou was really struggling.

The plot of the story was fantastic and had me on the edge of my seat. I kept glancing at my Kindle's percentage wondering how much more Lou and Will could endure but I never felt like I wanted to rush the story along. The pacing was quite good.

I loved the ending! Love, love, love, love!! I actually wanted to go to bed an hour previous but could NOT with being so close to the end. It was fabulous. Matched the book and the characters quite well but left me wanting more from these characters!

In short: Really emotional but good read. Hard hitting subjects that will have you thinking for days and days!
Sarah i.
Montreal, QC
The first thing you should know is that writing this review with tears running down my face. I should’ve probably wait a little before typing this, but i just needed to talk about this book. I love it. I was expecting a cheesy romance, but what i got was an explosions of feels. Yes, obviously, the romance is important, but i felt like this book was so much more than just a love story. This book made me think. I kept wondering what i would do if i was in Will’s situation? what if i was in Lou’s place? or even Will’s parents?  I kept think about life it self and when is it okay to say, yup, i had enough. It’s also a book that focus alot on Life itself and how to really make the best of it. I really like seeing Will trying to push Lou into trying new things while Lou was trying to help Will find life fun again. Together, they simply tried to make the best of what they had. I love Lou’d voice, she was an extraordinary character. She was really interesting to follow around. She had such a great energy. Will was complex and sad, and also so smart, and funny. His sarcastic voice was great and i love seeing him interact with Lou. Familly is also an other important part of this story. You have two very different kind of Familly and it was great seeing how the react to their situation, sometimes together, sometimes all alone. The writing was great, it was my first book by Jojo Moyes and i don’t think it will be my last. The ending broke me, Will’s letter was perfect and painfull. Gosh, i’m still crying! I loveeeeeeeee this book so much more than i expected, it was emotional, but also sweet and fun. i’m so excited for the movie, i’m going to be such a mess. Me Before You : 4.5/5
gayathrie P.
This was one of the best books I have ever read. So good that it makes me want to lower the ratings of all of the other books I have read just so that this (and maybe Clockwork Princess) is the only book with a 5-star rating. I can't properly describe right now how exactly this book moved me and made me analyze my own thoughts, as I am still currently crying, but just know that it did. Absolutely wonderful.
Laura H.
Harrow, Middlesex
Lou and Will learn a lot from each other as the book progresses, so in turn, I learnt a lot too. I think reading this book may have even made me a better person because I certainly have a completely changed perspective on quadraplegics, on life and on love. I cannot recommend this book enough, it is absolutely phenomenal and a must-read for everyone. I didn’t think that this sort of book was for me and now it’s my favorite book, so please give it a chance! For teenage readers, if you liked TFIOS, then Me Before You is probably also up your street. For adult readers, anyone with a heart will love this book.
Sunaisbel G.
very good book, for someone who wants something easy to understand and not as extensive, this is the perfect book!! It is a novel that has much realism, as you know by the movie talks about a girl with cancer and how he has had to deal with it, and by a meeting he meets a very special boy ¡¡augustus waters!!
the plot is very good, I had never read a book like this. All I have to say about it is that made me mourn this novel, It is a bit sad but very good to read.
I recommend it. I did enjoy so much the book
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it