Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?18 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Kaitlin M.
Durham, Nc
This book hurts your heart the entire time you read it, not just at the end. Quick read
Jessica G.
Memphis, TN
I love this book! The movie is great, too. Guaranteed cry. Be sure to read the series.
Kristen M.
I am so obsessed with this book and can't wait to see the movie!!! Such a good story
Loved this book! I loved the authors way of writing. Can't wait to read the sequel!
Savannah K.
Tuscumbia, AL
Great book!!! I will be reading it again!!!! I'm not one for books like this either
Emily T.
Cheshire, MA
Amazing book. Read the entire thing in one day could not put it down. A must read
Sara E.
Chesapeake, VA
I loved this book and had a hard time putting it down! It's a very good read
Ana N.
nancy, nancy
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Ok, I'm a new fan! I just love when you read a book by an author you don't know about and you fall in love. This was one of those. Firstly, I have to admit I love all things English. I'm obsessed! With good reason though, I am English! Well... English-American I guess. My grandmother and mother were born in England, sadly I just haven't made it there ... YET! That said... do I think it's Jojo's Englishness that drew me in? No! This has fantastic writing, a great plot with suspense a bit of romance, and a great ending! The English slang just drew me in even more!!

Actually, although this could be figured out it's the fork in the road that had me guessing. I was really curious how it was going to end! It's interesting because Jojo Moyes is able to take such a deep subject, assisted suicide, and lay it all in a format so you can see the pro's and the con's all at once. It's incredibly well done. Never did I fell like she was trying to shove rhetoric down my throat.

I think one thing that she does very well is introduce and get her readers to love and have empathy with her characters. They are brilliant. I love that Lou is such a strange sort but it makes sense that she keeps to herself. As her story emerges we get to find out why she is ok playing life safe, everyone has a reason for no longer being brave, and hers fit the story quite well.

And then we meet Mr. Smarty Pants himself, Will Traynor. I just fell in love with this guy! It was hard because there's also Patrick. I never felt attached to Patrick and although I wanted the best for everyone I just felt that Patrick was a bit of a narcissist. I'm excited for him but come on Patrick, there are other people and other things in the world! Seriously. Funnily, I do really enjoy exercising so I could really understand his point of view but at the same time was sad that he was so mired in his own existence while Lou was really struggling.

The plot of the story was fantastic and had me on the edge of my seat. I kept glancing at my Kindle's percentage wondering how much more Lou and Will could endure but I never felt like I wanted to rush the story along. The pacing was quite good.

I loved the ending! Love, love, love, love!! I actually wanted to go to bed an hour previous but could NOT with being so close to the end. It was fabulous. Matched the book and the characters quite well but left me wanting more from these characters!

In short: Really emotional but good read. Hard hitting subjects that will have you thinking for days and days!
Sarah i.
Montreal , QC
The first thing you should know is that writing this review with tears running down my face. I should’ve probably wait a little before typing this, but i just needed to talk about this book. I love it. I was expecting a cheesy romance, but what i got was an explosions of feels. Yes, obviously, the romance is important, but i felt like this book was so much more than just a love story. This book made me think. I kept wondering what i would do if i was in Will’s situation? what if i was in Lou’s place? or even Will’s parents?  I kept think about life it self and when is it okay to say, yup, i had enough. It’s also a book that focus alot on Life itself and how to really make the best of it. I really like seeing Will trying to push Lou into trying new things while Lou was trying to help Will find life fun again. Together, they simply tried to make the best of what they had. I love Lou’d voice, she was an extraordinary character. She was really interesting to follow around. She had such a great energy. Will was complex and sad, and also so smart, and funny. His sarcastic voice was great and i love seeing him interact with Lou. Familly is also an other important part of this story. You have two very different kind of Familly and it was great seeing how the react to their situation, sometimes together, sometimes all alone. The writing was great, it was my first book by Jojo Moyes and i don’t think it will be my last. The ending broke me, Will’s letter was perfect and painfull. Gosh, i’m still crying! I loveeeeeeeee this book so much more than i expected, it was emotional, but also sweet and fun. i’m so excited for the movie, i’m going to be such a mess. Me Before You : 4.5/5
Es uno de los libros con los que más he llorado y disfrutado a la vez . La historia en sí me llamo mucho la atención ya que no suelo leer libros tristes pero yo pensaba que el final acabaría bien pero me impacto tanto que no me lo creía y estaba indignada ósea el libro en si me ha gustado pero el final no porque a mí me gustan los finales felices
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good