BY PENGUIN GROUP #10 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
  • Did anyone see the movie also?!4 Answers
Chloe M.
Chloe M.
Me before you is now up there with my all time favorite books ! I could not put it down 👓 reading this love story took me on a journey and I felt like I was part of the story myself ! I felt a connection with the events that are documented throughout this gripping book and found myself trying to guess what would happen next. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST READ if you are ready for a book to take you through an emotional journey then get to the shops and bag yourself this! Me before you is a revolution in love stories and I for one can not wait to read the sequel😀
Clair F.
Clair F.
Essex
Brilliant!!
It's full of emotion, funny, heartfelt and completely unpredictable... I expected a completely different ending but wasn't at all disappointed.
Jojo Moyes is a fab author, I would highly recommend her books to other readers... I am currently reading the next instalment "after you" and have also read "One Plus One", another great read! 😘 xoxo
Tyler S.
Tyler S.
New Zealand
I normally hate hate hate romance and chick flicks but I decided to give this a try. And oh my gosh I couldn't put it down. I even got annoyed when people tried to stop me reading when I was on break at work. I finished it in two days whilst working full time. I am now onto After You, the sequel and I am still in love. Jojo moyes is a beautiful writer.
Kayla C.
Kayla C.
I would definitely recommend reading this book! I found myself hooked into it very quickly and loved the characters and how they developed. I also found the prose very enticing and well written. Although it's a bit of a tragic romance novel I still found myself loving every page. I also saw the film afterwards and it also exceeded my expectations!
Jacqueline T.
Jacqueline T.
Could not put this book down! It was such a smooth read and I loved the quirkiness with Lou and how she managed to soften Will. Please do not forget that this story is not representative of all disabled/quadriplegic peoples. The story was written from an "able-bodied" person so she does not capture every feeling of a disabled person.
Cathy W.
Cathy W.
This book is so loved up but sad at the same time, i would advise those reading though if you have only seen the film read the book it is truly much better. I cried at the end due to the last few pages, you will fall in love with some characters and into anger with others. A good read... Get the tissues ready!
Charlene G.
Charlene G.
Toronto, ON
I literally stayed up until 3:45am last night finishing this book because I could not put it down!! I really enjoyed it. I'm a fan of romance/love stories and what I liked about this one was that it was different from the usual boy meets girl stories.
Brittany J.
Brittany J.
This is one of my favorite books. You'll laugh, cry and sometimes both at once. Jo Jo Moyes is a great author and screen writer. The movie was very well done as well! I would recommend this book to anybody who loves romance and happy reads.
Lisa T.
Lisa T.
Red Deer, AB
I got this book as a gift and I absolutely loved it! It is one of those books where you cannot put down and want to read in one day! The characters you grow to love and relate to in many ways. This is one book that you'll cry and laugh!
Kristyn T.
Kristyn T.
I usually don't read new adult book like this but I really enjoyed it. I am planning on reading After You soon. The plot was vet well thought out and unique which I enjoyed. I would defiantly recommend reading this book.
Valeria N.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good