BY PENGUIN GROUP #9 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Amber H.
Capodichino, Naples
I would've liked this book better without all the cussing (most of it was british so that didn't bother me). It pushed controversial subjects a lot more than the movie did. Almost came across as preachy. So although I enjoyed it as a whole, I didn't give it to my sisters to read. I think it would give the wrong message to teenagers, especially if they struggle with depression
Danielle R.
Freehold , NJ
One of the best books I have ever read, it overall teaches reality of situations, jojo moyes did an excellent job with the story. It's heartbreaking but also teaches respecting people's decisions. Everyone should go out and read this book. It is amazing and teaches you so much.
Alyssa J.
Seattle, WA
Quick and easy read, I finished this in 3 days. This book made me both laugh and cry. Its a book that you know the ending too, however still have to finish it. I prefer the book over the movie.
Megan D.
I loved this book. It was charming and engaging. It made me laugh and made me cry. It had a great plot and characters that you really felt like you knew by the end of the story. If you read this I would definitely recommend the sequel.. it's good and kind of ties up some loose ends from Me Before You.
Mariana P.
I cried so much with this book. This is just perfect. This is my kind of perfect book because It takes you to reality. I'm in love with this book.
Lauren D.
I loved this book, it's the one that got me into reading other books written by the author. I read it before the movie come out and of the course the book is a hundred times better than the movie. While reading I couldn't put the book down and finished it within a couple days. So naturally I went out and bought the sequel "me after you"
Emily V.
Glendale, CA
Loved this book. Very moving and emotional. Really makes you think about what is important in life.
Melissa R.
Surrey, BC
Wow …

Heading into this book, I was aware that it was a tearjerker. However, I somehow envisioned a lighter read than this.

Not to say that I was disappointed; I was completely in love with the novel and its characters. I believe that Jojo Moyes has put a lot of time and research into creating a topical plot; while also portraying the story as fairly and truthfully as possible. Moyes has highlighted quality of life issues and the idea of living to ones’ potential. Additionally, through the plot Moyes has established a good argument for and against Dignitas as well as assisted suicide.

Ultimately, Me Before You was an insightful and entertaining read. However, I didn’t care for Louisa’s family. I found them to be quite cruel to their oldest daughter; who, by the way, happened to be the family’s main provider.

To put it simply, I binge read “Me Before You” in just over a day. I could not seem to put it down.

All things considered, It is fair to say that this book is one that will be sticking with me for some time.

Next up, I will have to obtain a copy of the follow-up, After You.
Chloe M.
Me before you is now up there with my all time favorite books ! I could not put it down 👓 reading this love story took me on a journey and I felt like I was part of the story myself ! I felt a connection with the events that are documented throughout this gripping book and found myself trying to guess what would happen next. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST READ if you are ready for a book to take you through an emotional journey then get to the shops and bag yourself this! Me before you is a revolution in love stories and I for one can not wait to read the sequel😀
Clair F.
Essex
Brilliant!!
It's full of emotion, funny, heartfelt and completely unpredictable... I expected a completely different ending but wasn't at all disappointed.
Jojo Moyes is a fab author, I would highly recommend her books to other readers... I am currently reading the next instalment "after you" and have also read "One Plus One", another great read! 😘 xoxo
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good