BY PENGUIN GROUP #10 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
  • Did anyone see the movie also?!4 Answers
Buy on Target*
Elizandra G.
Elizandra G.
I love this book! I truly recommend it. I have to admit, it will make you cry so have tissues nearby. The book is better than the movie, and if you've finished this book I recommend reading the sequel to it!
Lilibeth M.
Lilibeth M.
Finally finish reading and say "finally" because I take almost 3 months to finish it (I do not have much free time), the book is very good pushes us to analyze our present and future but mostly leaves us wondering if we are giving that one hundred percent.
Gao Ja Y.
Gao Ja Y.
Mankato, MN
I certainly love the book a lot more than the movie. This book has a great storyline and it is a lot more detailed in my opinion compared to the movie. I really recommend everyone to read it! It's really worth the read!
Tara K.
Tara K.
I loved this book, and I hated it at the very same time. It was somewhat predictable. Which, I went into reading the book fully expecting that. What I did NOT expect at all was being so wrecked by this book. I'm not overreacting at all. I was literally wrecked.

I absolutely adored Will Traynor. I loved Louisa Clark as well, but for me - WILL was the star in this book. His character absolutely shined! I really don't have the words to describe how real the author made these two characters. At least for me.

There was a part near the end - that made me want to rip someone's hair out. That particular part of the story was unnecessary. That's all I will say regarding that. I admit I almost deducted a star because of that, but felt the book really does deserve 5 stars.
Brittni V.
Brittni V.
Ankeny, IA
There's was a couple parts that either lost my interest, or just lost me completely. Overall though I enjoyed reading it.
Hannah H.
Hannah H.
Antioch, TN
Great book! Easy to get into, and kept me interested to the end. I loved the relationship development between Lou and Will. I can't wait to read more from this author. I highly recommend to others!! But it is definitley sad.
Amy H.
Amy H.
Ocean Springs , MS
I've read this 3x. Once when it first came out, once when I heard they were making the movie and once after the movie (because the movie was just so awful). The first time I read it during a flight to & from Spain. Seriously, I sobbed like a crazy woman. Like the ugly-girl cry! It's definitely a must read! Though the follow up book is just 'meh'
Rhianon B.
Rhianon B.
If you liked the movie, you will LOVE the book. It's so much better than the movie, and I love the movie. This book had me in so many tears by the end that I could even see to continue reading. It's an amazing book and a wonderful story.
Fran V.
Fran V.
Me before You is one of the most popular books of the year. And I know why.
This book is very good and very interesting. The reading is a little slow but I love it.
You must read it.
Joharis A.
Joharis A.
Miami, Florida
I really enjoyed this book. I'm not a big fan of romance, the author always seems to want to shove in your face how much they love each other and what not. I found the main character to be likable and a bright spot on this book considering the situation. While I knew the ending of this book( it was too predictable) I still enjoyed the story.
Valeria N.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good