BY PENGUIN GROUP #9 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Amy H.
Ocean Springs , MS
I've read this 3x. Once when it first came out, once when I heard they were making the movie and once after the movie (because the movie was just so awful). The first time I read it during a flight to & from Spain. Seriously, I sobbed like a crazy woman. Like the ugly-girl cry! It's definitely a must read! Though the follow up book is just 'meh'
Laura S.
Argyle, TX
Bien narrada, buenos argumentos y sobre todo tremendos personajes. Aquí es donde John green tiene que aprender sobre como escribir y profundizar lo suficiente en los personajes. Jojo se ha destacado mucho con estos libros y nos da una protagonista excéntrica personalidad y torpes sentimientos y un protagonista masculino fuerte, depresivo y molesto consigo mismo por su falta de movimiento corporal.
Fran V.
Me before You is one of the most popular books of the year. And I know why.
This book is very good and very interesting. The reading is a little slow but I love it.
You must read it.
Joharis A.
Miami, Florida
I really enjoyed this book. I'm not a big fan of romance, the author always seems to want to shove in your face how much they love each other and what not. I found the main character to be likable and a bright spot on this book considering the situation. While I knew the ending of this book( it was too predictable) I still enjoyed the story.
Elizandra G.
I love this book! I truly recommend it. I have to admit, it will make you cry so have tissues nearby. The book is better than the movie, and if you've finished this book I recommend reading the sequel to it!
Rhianon B.
If you liked the movie, you will LOVE the book. It's so much better than the movie, and I love the movie. This book had me in so many tears by the end that I could even see to continue reading. It's an amazing book and a wonderful story.
Danielle W.
Aurora, CO
I absolutely loveddd this book. While it is a love story, it isn't a fairytale. It shows that life isn't perfect and thay people struggle but that good can come from any situation. Make sure to read the sequel as well!
Emily J.
Saint Louis, MO
I loved this book and finished it in a matter of days. The characters are relatable and Lou is absolutely hilarious and sweet! While I don't agree with the concept of assisted suicide, the book poses some deep questions. Also, the love story is so non-typical and acts as a breath of fresh air in literature. I would defiantly recommend this book, just keep some tissues handy.
Amber H.
Capodichino, Naples
I would've liked this book better without all the cussing (most of it was british so that didn't bother me). It pushed controversial subjects a lot more than the movie did. Almost came across as preachy. So although I enjoyed it as a whole, I didn't give it to my sisters to read. I think it would give the wrong message to teenagers, especially if they struggle with depression
Emily V.
Glendale, CA
Loved this book. Very moving and emotional. Really makes you think about what is important in life.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it