BY PENGUIN GROUP #10 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
  • Did anyone see the movie also?!4 Answers
Buy on Target*
Whitney W.
Whitney W.
This book was absolutely lovely. I think I cried harder reading the book than I did watching the movie. Truly. Great love story.
Katelyn W.
Katelyn W.
Mobile, AL
I loved this book! The story was beautiful and I was so excited when I found out there was a sequel. The storyline flowed wonderfully, and I felt like I was there every step of the way. This is definetly a must read!
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Etters, PA
Bust out your tissues. Such a great read. Could not put it down. The characters are just so normal and relatable.
Emily L.
Emily L.
I will definitely reread this book in the future. It was funny, sad, deep, and relatable with the slightest sense of mystery about Will. There were definitely moments that caught me by surprise and kept the plot interesting. The characters were all very well written and I could easily picture them in my mind as I read. I will say that I was extremely disappointed by the movie, it didn't do the book justice and it felt like it just sped through the storyline
Lauren D.
Lauren D.
I loved this book, it's the one that got me into reading other books written by the author. I read it before the movie come out and of the course the book is a hundred times better than the movie. While reading I couldn't put the book down and finished it within a couple days. So naturally I went out and bought the sequel "me after you"
Samantha W.
Samantha W.
Versailles, OH
Every book I read I always get emotionally invested in it and this was all the same. I wasn't very impressed with the book, it received a lot of positive attention when the movie came out, but it didn't support all the raved reviews In my opinion. Me Before You is a great love story that doesn't end in happily ever after like most would hope. Me Before You is a more realistic love story & should be read by those that don't mind a sad ending.
Mariana P.
Mariana P.
I cried so much with this book. This is just perfect. This is my kind of perfect book because It takes you to reality. I'm in love with this book.
Megan D.
Megan D.
I loved this book. It was charming and engaging. It made me laugh and made me cry. It had a great plot and characters that you really felt like you knew by the end of the story. If you read this I would definitely recommend the sequel.. it's good and kind of ties up some loose ends from Me Before You.
Jordyn L.
Jordyn L.
Terrebonne, OR
I must say I was that person who saw the movie before reading the book. However, I decided to read the book (especially after finding out here was a second book, woo hoo!). The book is amazing and reads so easily and I would recommend anyone to read this book!!!!
Alyssa J.
Alyssa J.
Seattle, WA
Quick and easy read, I finished this in 3 days. This book made me both laugh and cry. Its a book that you know the ending too, however still have to finish it. I prefer the book over the movie.
Valeria N.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good