Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?18 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Belle B.
Matheny, WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I gave this book three stars because it utterly depressed me to my core. It was sad and only got sadder till it ended with a puddle of you tears slowly drowning you. It’s written incredibly but it will also make you cry till you can’t breath.
Alexia M.
Astoria, NY
I enjoyed this book very much.  It's a quick read and it's packed with emotions.  There's a great romantic component but overall it's extremely sad.  I enjoy the quirkiness of the main character and the way the author captures her.  In addition, the struggles the supporting character faces were very well written and was great character development.  Overall, if you're looking for a sweet romantic but also sad read then it's for you.
Jackie K.
North Reading, MA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book should make one realize that some decisions are intensely personal and that one should not judge such decisions harshly, even though one may have walked in those very same shoes. After all, no two people are exactly alike. This is a wonderful, thought provoking and deeply moving book on the vicissitudes of life and the difficult decisions with which one may sometimes be faced.
Ashlyn N.
Winston Salem, NC
I'm an avid reader and English major. I have read books in every genre possible and have a good background in establishing a novel and this novel was terrible. I read it before seeing the movie and hoped it would be as good as the trailer was. It was very dry and dull the whole way through. It was literally painful to read and I never finished it. The movie was just as horrible.
Bonnie L.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I never knew about this book until i saw the movie. But i fell in love with the movie so i had to read the book! Such a great story. You laugh and cry with the characters. Its such a great book!
Emily K.
Maybe since I envisioned the characters as Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin, I was more connected to the characters, than I think I would normally be, But by the time I was on the last quarter of the book, I was sobbing. The book raises some good questions about quality of life and living for a person.
Junior H.
I read it cover to cover in one sitting and loved it.  Then had to immediately read Me After You.  Excellent books.   I tend to prefer reading a book than watching a movie because you can imagine your own settings instead of watching what someone else thinks it should be.
I have to start by saying that if you are looking for a book with a happy ending, this is not the book ... Having said that, in general it was a very good book. I think it has the perfect combination of comedy, romance and reality.
Kat T.
I loved this book! It got my emotional when reading it, which is rare as I don't often get emotional when reading books. I have recommended this book to almost all of my friends and they love it too! I also love the movie, so if you loved reading this go watch the movie as well!
Ashley 💋.
okay this was the cutest book ever. First off this book evoked all of the feels. It was like a beautiful emotional roller coaster. Very few books can really bring tears to my eyes but this author did and in a good way. I've recommended this to tons of friends.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good