BY PENGUIN GROUP #8 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Jackie K.
North Reading, MA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book should make one realize that some decisions are intensely personal and that one should not judge such decisions harshly, even though one may have walked in those very same shoes. After all, no two people are exactly alike. This is a wonderful, thought provoking and deeply moving book on the vicissitudes of life and the difficult decisions with which one may sometimes be faced.
Taylor F.
Toledo, OH
This book is one of my favorites, ever. It's heartbreakingly beautiful, romantic, and frustrating all at the same time. I read this book within two days and couldn't put it down. People rave about this movie, but the book is so much better, if that's possible. I'd recommend this to any hopeless romantic of any age!
Emily K.
Charlotte
Maybe since I envisioned the characters as Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin, I was more connected to the characters, than I think I would normally be, But by the time I was on the last quarter of the book, I was sobbing. The book raises some good questions about quality of life and living for a person.
Kat T.
I loved this book! It got my emotional when reading it, which is rare as I don't often get emotional when reading books. I have recommended this book to almost all of my friends and they love it too! I also love the movie, so if you loved reading this go watch the movie as well!
Miranda V.
Bookworm Expert Level 3
I really like this book. Sometimes I like a challenging book that makes me think and other times I prefer an easy read that lets my mind wonder with imagination and that’s what this book is. A really easy read with a story line that’s easy to follow but really great story!
Ashley 💋.
Tampa
okay this was the cutest book ever. First off this book evoked all of the feels. It was like a beautiful emotional roller coaster. Very few books can really bring tears to my eyes but this author did and in a good way. I've recommended this to tons of friends.
Amelia S.
I just finished this book and my heart literally aches. I knew nothing about it going in and I don't know if that made it better or worse. This was so eloquently written and thought provoking and not what I expected.
This book was both refreshing and crushing at the same time in a way that's left me feeling almost hollow.
A story of Beauty and the Beast that takes on a whole new meaning, evoking so many feels. Who'd have thought, going through someone's ordinary day would seep inside and make you feel so much for the characters. You grow to love them, feel for them, and break for them and for the tragic things that can happen in life. The helplessness to the universe.
I'm speechless. And broken. I feel like something has been given to me and taken away from me at the same time.
There were pieces in this book that were truly exquisite and will stay with me for quite some time. And I will not take for granted the things in life that I've been so blessed with, like being able to lift a hand to hail a taxi.
The biggest lesson I very taken away if nothing else is to cherish. Just cherish.
Catherine R.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book is fantastic.  I loved just about everything about it.  It is one of those stories that has you laughing one minute and crying the next.
I have read several books by the author, Jojo Moyes.  I really enjoy her writing style and her character development.  All of her books tend to be romantic but they aren't so over the top with romance and sugar that they are completely devoid of plot.  That is not the case at all with her writing in general, and certainly not with this particular book.
The characters in Me Before You are really fantastic.  They grow with the book.  They seem to mature and develop as the story does.  It's something that makes you want to continue to read.  They mature as their relationship does.  It's a really nice addition to the story line.  If characters don't change or grow, the story can get stale.
The plot of the book is really good.  It's not an easy book.  It makes you ask questions about where you stand on issues such as doctor assisted suicide and whether you thing it is okay.  It makes you ask yourself whether or not continuing to live in misery is the dignity any human deserves.  Like I said, they aren't easy questions and the story isn't always easy but it is always beautiful.
You will laugh, you will cringe, and you will cry but I also really think you will love it.
Megan W.
Virginia
I purchased the book and read it before watching the movie and it was well worth my money. It’s such an amazing story if you don’t like reading, then I definitely recommend watching the movie. They were both awesome.
Leah F.
Fresno, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Have you ever picked up a book and went "This is so something I would do", well that was me through the whole of this book. I love how this book doesn't start as a romance. You have a girl looking for work and a stubborn man that hates the position the world has put him in. Slowly they start to come together but at their own command. I also like that this book challenges the idea od not having an "easy" romance. Love doesn't come in a pretty box, it's sloppy and crazy, while that everything out of you. This is one of my favorite couples in any genre book I have read.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good