BY PENGUIN GROUP #9 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Makayla T.
Boiling Spgs, SC
A tale of love and loss that is tragic but wonderful! I love the writing and the story that the author has written and shared with all of us readers and I think the film adaptation is just as great as the book itself!
Addie B.
If you rate a drama book by the amount of tears, this would be the highest rated book. I balled my eyes out. The story is addicting, I ended up staying up until 3 am to finish this book. I loved it!
Alyssa J.
Seattle, WA
Quick and easy read, I finished this in 3 days. This book made me both laugh and cry. Its a book that you know the ending too, however still have to finish it. I prefer the book over the movie.
Emily T.
Maple Grove, MN
I really loved this book. It made me laugh, cry, and be angry all at the same time. I think that it was very well written and doesn't compare to how good the movie was. The ending was so sad though because I really thought that she would be able to save him with her love.
Teresa M.
Absolutely love this book, i couldnt put down once i started reading it. I recommend this book to anyone who loves a love story you won't be disappointed trust me
Kayda P.
Richmond, VA
This book was so incredibly moving! She has a way of writing that really captures every feeling possible. I didn't want the book to end! I just bought the second part, so I can't wait to see what happens.
Chelsea M.
I decided to start reading this book when I found out it was going to be made into a movie within the year. I am definitely happy I did! I love the story line, it keeps you hooked and wanting to uncover more about the characters and how things will end up. I also like how it sometimes bounces from different character point of views without being too all over the place. Definitely a must read for just about anyone!
Emily P.
Saint Louis, MO
I absolutely loved this novel. It was an honest novel that told the tale of a man who had so much desire to live life, but was forced by life to not live. This book has repeatedly reminded me that so many times in life we look for quantity and not quality. I think its a great book for women and men in their early 20's and beyond. It certainly reminded me to keep living and to be blessed with the ability to live.
Marivel N.
Los Angeles, CA
Oh my goodness! This is an amazing book! I fell in love with the characters in particularly Will, and was so heartbroken when I reached the end. I was ALMOST in tears. I was telling my boyfriend brief summaries as I read the book and he enjoyed the storyline as well. We can not wait for the movie and see this story be brought to life. ~ "Sometimes love means breaking your own heart"
Leah R.
Huntington, NY
I absolutely loved this book!! Fair warning: it's a tear jerker!! This book is about a girl who takes a job working as a companion for a quadriplegic and their bond that then ensues. The writing is superb and throughout the book tells the story from different character's point of views. Definitely a must read - and I just found out there's a sequel, I'm excited to pick that one up!!
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good