BY PENGUIN GROUP #10 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
  • Did anyone see the movie also?!4 Answers
Jackie K.
Jackie K.
north reading
This book should make one realize that some decisions are intensely personal and that one should not judge such decisions harshly, even though one may have walked in those very same shoes. After all, no two people are exactly alike. This is a wonderful, thought provoking and deeply moving book on the vicissitudes of life and the difficult decisions with which one may sometimes be faced.
Misha A.
Misha A.
Seaside, OR
As always the movie version of this left out so many things.The movie made me cry the book made feel I laughed ,I got mad and I bawled my eyes out but if pick it up and read it again in a heartbeat need to remember why and how to love someone who may be considered unlovable or "broken " read this book or if you want a terribly romantic book with a unhappy ending read it because you won't regret it
Briana H.
Briana H.
Minot Afb, ND
I must say this book had me in my feelings, it was literally a roller coaster of emotions. Some parts were certainly slower than others, but you just have to keep going. Very well written, recommend to audiences in their 20's and early 30's! Enjoyable book.
Joleen V.
Joleen V.
Yuma, AZ
Excuse me while I go cry from being reminded about this novel.  This book shattered my soul when I didn't think it was possible.  I fell in love with these characters and it didn't end the way I thought it would.  It was an emotional journey and I loved it.  I won't read the second one, I can't.  I don't think it needed a sequel.
Rose S.
Rose S.
Mesa, AZ
I was in a book club when I read this book and the story broke all our hearts. It was so gut wrenching to read this story. I loved the character development and the changes they go through. It was wonderful written. I felt like I was in it with them. I did see the movie and thought it was a wonderful adaptation, Lovely, sad, and hopeful all in one.
Violet L.
Violet L.
Calhoun , GA
I absolutely love this book! It was so beautifully written. It's a tear jerker so make sure you have so tissues close by. The ending is sad but still very good. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a good complicated love story!‚̧ūüĎĆūüŹľ
Crystal G.
Crystal G.
I knew from the beginning what was gonna happen but I'm still so sad. Written extremely well so that you understand where everyone's coming from and how they feel. This story is definitely gonna stay with me for awhile... meaning I'm gonna be pretty sad for awhile haha. Loved the main characters separately and together. I just.... CAN'T.
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Midvale, UT
I just finished this book after months of putting off reading it and idk what I was waiting for. Keep the tissues close when reading it because it is a tear jerker. I think it's a must read and I'm so happy my friend passed it on to me.
Shaunice L.
Shaunice L.
I am so angry with the ending. I cried forever! Book was beautifully written. I loved the characters especially Lou, she handled her new job with a brace face an optimistic outlook. I do recommend this book if you love romance.
Ali K.
Ali K.
Wentzville, MO
I really enjoyed this book. It kept me intrigued the whole time. I am a complete sucker for a sappy romance. I did cry when reading this book, which any book that can bring that type of emotion out of a person is a great book in my opinion. I definitely recommend this book to others. I haven't seen the movie yet.
Valeria N.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good