BY PENGUIN GROUP #9 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Isabel R.
St Petersburg, FL
This book has taken my breath away. It has been great and wonderful, but at the same time devastating.

It has a super cute and touching story, with characters perfect for it, incredible scenes, beautiful dialogues. It hooks you up and makes you feel everything.

I do not know what else to say other than a spoiler. But I would read this book again and again. When I just finished it I bought the tickets to go to the movie the next day; and I do not know which of the two occasions I cried more. I do not think I'd ever cried like this for a book.

Nothing else, read it.
Briana H.
Minot Afb, ND
I must say this book had me in my feelings, it was literally a roller coaster of emotions. Some parts were certainly slower than others, but you just have to keep going. Very well written, recommend to audiences in their 20's and early 30's! Enjoyable book.
Leah T.
Gainesville, FL
This book is so beautifully written. It balances between hardships, romance, and humor. I love both Will and Lou and how they are both developed as characters. I also love how in detail the author went about Will's medical condition and the different struggles he had to deal with due to this, such as how the book includes multiple scenes where Will needs immediate medical attention and includes what that consists of. Everything meshes together seamlessly and I can't recommend this book enough.
Alex P.
Elizabeth, PA
With no expectations, I picked up this book I knew nothing about and ended up really enjoying it. By the end, I was completely invested in the characters. Charming, creative, and emotionally charged, full of interesting components. This book proves that love isn't always the fairytale we hope it would be. Sometimes it is hard and messy and in many cases end up with a broken heart but the key is learning and living though whatever kind of love you experience. Such a beautifully written love story!
Melissa G.
New Jersey
This book made me never want to read another book again. I fell in love with the characters and truly invested emotionally in them. I cried so much reading this book; more than I've ever done for a book. This book had me happy and then sad and then happy. It definitely played with my emotions but oh was it fantastic! I love how it wasn't a typical romance story but it had its twists which I liked. Definitely would recommend this to anyone who wants their hearts played with!
Poppy H.
Grand Island, NE
I really loved this book. It made me laugh out loud, and it made me angry. I felt joy and helplessness with each new turn of the page. At times, I had to close the crisp pages of the Me before You and sit and reflect on what I just read and my own feelings. Me before You has made me want to expand my own horizons and seek experiences that I couldn’t imagine myself doing. If Will Traynor taught me anything, it's that life as you know it can change in a singular moment, you can’t squander any time because of fear of failure or the notion that I might not like something that I have never tried before. If something were to happen to me, I don’t want to be left on the other side thinking, “What if”.

I could relate to Louisa Clark. She is stuck in her small hometown and is comfortable in her small routine. She’s afraid to expand her horizons for the fear a failure, or for the fear that she won’t like something new. Once she meets Will, and he forces her to try new things, things she swore she wouldn’t like, and would never do because she believed they weren’t who she was, that’s when she blossomed. In the beginning Lou suffered with her own lack of self-confidence. She was trapped in a seemingly endless cycle of holding herself back. With each new experience though, from something as small as reading new books, watching foreign movies, or going to a symphony, she changed. The small four walls she trapped herself in began to break down. The changes were minute while reading, but with each new push Will provided, Louisa changed. She became unhindered by her own fear.

I believe Me before You would appeal to all audiences, but especially readers in their 20’s and 30’s. Me before You would speak to audiences who have a romantic relationship, children, or other loved ones. Fair warning to those who are easily prone to crying during emotional packed moments, you will cry.
Ana C.
I will be honest and say that I read this book because I saw it was being made into a movie. That being said the boook is way better than the movie. The character development and relationships are terrific. It's never boring. I loved reading this and even though sad at times I will read it again.
Gabriela V.
Lawrence , KS
This book kept me on my toes the entire time! You don't really know what is going to happen, until the very end! If you are interested in reading a great story with some awesome characters you should pick this book up, and I'm certain you won't let it go
Joleen V.
Yuma, AZ
Excuse me while I go cry from being reminded about this novel.  This book shattered my soul when I didn't think it was possible.  I fell in love with these characters and it didn't end the way I thought it would.  It was an emotional journey and I loved it.  I won't read the second one, I can't.  I don't think it needed a sequel.
Emmalee S.
This is such a beautiful love story. While I don't agree with assisted suicide like the book presents, it led to a lot of really good discussions with friends and challenged my thinking a great deal. The story stuck with me long after I closed the book.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good