BY PENGUIN GROUP #9 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Rose S.
Mesa, AZ
I was in a book club when I read this book and the story broke all our hearts. It was so gut wrenching to read this story. I loved the character development and the changes they go through. It was wonderful written. I felt like I was in it with them. I did see the movie and thought it was a wonderful adaptation, Lovely, sad, and hopeful all in one.
Emily K.
Charlotte
Maybe since I envisioned the characters as Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin, I was more connected to the characters, than I think I would normally be, But by the time I was on the last quarter of the book, I was sobbing. The book raises some good questions about quality of life and living for a person.
Amelia S.
I just finished this book and my heart literally aches. I knew nothing about it going in and I don't know if that made it better or worse. This was so eloquently written and thought provoking and not what I expected.
This book was both refreshing and crushing at the same time in a way that's left me feeling almost hollow.
A story of Beauty and the Beast that takes on a whole new meaning, evoking so many feels. Who'd have thought, going through someone's ordinary day would seep inside and make you feel so much for the characters. You grow to love them, feel for them, and break for them and for the tragic things that can happen in life. The helplessness to the universe.
I'm speechless. And broken. I feel like something has been given to me and taken away from me at the same time.
There were pieces in this book that were truly exquisite and will stay with me for quite some time. And I will not take for granted the things in life that I've been so blessed with, like being able to lift a hand to hail a taxi.
The biggest lesson I very taken away if nothing else is to cherish. Just cherish.
Danielle W.
Canton, GA
I wasn't as crazy about this book as I wanted to be. I've never read this author so I gave it a shot. I think I prefer my Harleyquinn romance novels over this one anyday.
Catherine R.
This book is fantastic.  I loved just about everything about it.  It is one of those stories that has you laughing one minute and crying the next.
I have read several books by the author, Jojo Moyes.  I really enjoy her writing style and her character development.  All of her books tend to be romantic but they aren't so over the top with romance and sugar that they are completely devoid of plot.  That is not the case at all with her writing in general, and certainly not with this particular book.
The characters in Me Before You are really fantastic.  They grow with the book.  They seem to mature and develop as the story does.  It's something that makes you want to continue to read.  They mature as their relationship does.  It's a really nice addition to the story line.  If characters don't change or grow, the story can get stale.
The plot of the book is really good.  It's not an easy book.  It makes you ask questions about where you stand on issues such as doctor assisted suicide and whether you thing it is okay.  It makes you ask yourself whether or not continuing to live in misery is the dignity any human deserves.  Like I said, they aren't easy questions and the story isn't always easy but it is always beautiful.
You will laugh, you will cringe, and you will cry but I also really think you will love it.
Amelia R.
Mandeville , LA
What a tragic love story. JoJo Moyes really captures the beautiful love story in the most tragic situation. I laughed, cried, and kept wanting it not to end! This is a must read love story, you will not be disappointed!
Katye M.
Pittsfield , MA
The book is always better in my opinion,I loved the movie as well but the book just really describes the relationship the characters had. It’s just better period. I love the book!
Tara M.
I loved this book, and I hated it at the very same time. It was somewhat predictable. Which, I went into reading the book fully expecting that. What I did NOT expect at all was being so wrecked by this book. I'm not overreacting at all. I was literally wrecked.

I absolutely adored Will Traynor. I loved Louisa Clark as well, but for me - WILL was the star in this book. His character absolutely shined! I really don't have the words to describe how real the author made these two characters. At least for me.

There was a part near the end - that made me want to rip someone's hair out. That particular part of the story was unnecessary. That's all I will say regarding that. I admit I almost deducted a star because of that, but felt the book really does deserve 5 stars.
Leah F.
Cambridge , Cambridgeshire
Have you ever picked up a book and went "This is so something I would do", well that was me through the whole of this book. I love how this book doesn't start as a romance. You have a girl looking for work and a stubborn man that hates the position the world has put him in. Slowly they start to come together but at their own command. I also like that this book challenges the idea od not having an "easy" romance. Love doesn't come in a pretty box, it's sloppy and crazy, while that everything out of you. This is one of my favorite couples in any genre book I have read.
Hannah C.
Oviedo, FL
Jojo Moyes truly captured my attention and my heart with this emotional roller coaster. While I found myself struggling through the first few chapters, Moyes' writing style absolutely grabbed my attention! I devoured this book, reading from start to finish in one day. I found myself literally laughing out loud one minute and tearing up the next followed almost immediately by straight up ugly crying. Would definitely recommend and am looking forward to picking up the sequel.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it