BY PENGUIN GROUP #9 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Bianca C.
I basically started crying half way through this book and didn't stop until 20 mins after finishing it... I also happened to be sitting next to someone on an airplane, pretty sure they thought I was crazy. Without spoiling it for anyone this is a very emotional book. Again I think they romanticized an illness like the fault in our stars but I don't think it was as bad. I think the characters are people you just fall in love with. Good read, grab a box ps tissues and give it a go.
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
I am a big fan of JoJo Moyes and have read several of her books so far. I love how easily a reader can jump into her stories and relate the the characters and try to think of how you would react in the same circumstances. This story really brings you to tears towards the end and you wish everything could be happy happy for the ending but not always the case in literature and real life so that is what makes it a great book.  Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Taylor F.
Toledo, OH
This book is one of my favorites, ever. It's heartbreakingly beautiful, romantic, and frustrating all at the same time. I read this book within two days and couldn't put it down. People rave about this movie, but the book is so much better, if that's possible. I'd recommend this to any hopeless romantic of any age!
Ashley ūüíč.
Tampa
okay this was the cutest book ever. First off this book evoked all of the feels. It was like a beautiful emotional roller coaster. Very few books can really bring tears to my eyes but this author did and in a good way. I've recommended this to tons of friends.
Misha A.
Seaside, OR
As always the movie version of this left out so many things.The movie made me cry the book made feel I laughed ,I got mad and I bawled my eyes out but if pick it up and read it again in a heartbeat need to remember why and how to love someone who may be considered unlovable or "broken " read this book or if you want a terribly romantic book with a unhappy ending read it because you won't regret it
Alexia M.
Astoria, NY
I enjoyed this book very much.  It's a quick read and it's packed with emotions.  There's a great romantic component but overall it's extremely sad.  I enjoy the quirkiness of the main character and the way the author captures her.  In addition, the struggles the supporting character faces were very well written and was great character development.  Overall, if you're looking for a sweet romantic but also sad read then it's for you.
Crystal G.
I knew from the beginning what was gonna happen but I'm still so sad. Written extremely well so that you understand where everyone's coming from and how they feel. This story is definitely gonna stay with me for awhile... meaning I'm gonna be pretty sad for awhile haha. Loved the main characters separately and together. I just.... CAN'T.
Misty S.
GA
Being a double amputee myself I really related to Will. Granted my condition is not as severe as Wills condition I understand Not wanting to go out and do stuff because of what other people will say or do. I was completely invested in this story and I never wanted to put the book down. I knew how the book was going to end going into it but I didn't want to believe it I was hoping that after Lou told Will how she felt that that would be enough for him.
Megan H.
Carpentersvle, IL
I read this book right before the movie came out and I finished it in one night. I was hooked. It gives you one big twist that I would have never thought was going to happen. The main character Lou is so likable and you can't help but sympathize with her. The other main character, Will, was hard to like a bit, but as he relaxed, I did too. A must read if you need some emotions in your life.
Jackie K.
North Reading, MA
This book should make one realize that some decisions are intensely personal and that one should not judge such decisions harshly, even though one may have walked in those very same shoes. After all, no two people are exactly alike. This is a wonderful, thought provoking and deeply moving book on the vicissitudes of life and the difficult decisions with which one may sometimes be faced.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good