BY PENGUIN GROUP #10 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
  • Did anyone see the movie also?!4 Answers
Allyson H.
Allyson H.
I loved and hated this book. It was refreshing to read something that isn't predictable.
Thea K.
Thea K.
Dublin, OH
Ahhhhh this book made me sob. Sweet, easy to read storyline that makes you laugh and cry
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Memphis, TN
I love this book! The movie is great, too. Guaranteed cry. Be sure to read the series.
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
I am so obsessed with this book and can't wait to see the movie!!! Such a good story
Loved this book! I loved the authors way of writing. Can't wait to read the sequel!
Savannah K.
Savannah K.
Tuscumbia, AL
Great book!!! I will be reading it again!!!! I'm not one for books like this either
Emily T.
Emily T.
Cheshire, MA
Amazing book. Read the entire thing in one day could not put it down. A must read
Sara E.
Sara E.
Chesapeake, VA
I loved this book and had a hard time putting it down! It's a very good read
Amelia S.
Amelia S.
I just finished this book and my heart literally aches. I knew nothing about it going in and I don't know if that made it better or worse. This was so eloquently written and thought provoking and not what I expected.
This book was both refreshing and crushing at the same time in a way that's left me feeling almost hollow.
A story of Beauty and the Beast that takes on a whole new meaning, evoking so many feels. Who'd have thought, going through someone's ordinary day would seep inside and make you feel so much for the characters. You grow to love them, feel for them, and break for them and for the tragic things that can happen in life. The helplessness to the universe.
I'm speechless. And broken. I feel like something has been given to me and taken away from me at the same time.
There were pieces in this book that were truly exquisite and will stay with me for quite some time. And I will not take for granted the things in life that I've been so blessed with, like being able to lift a hand to hail a taxi.
The biggest lesson I very taken away if nothing else is to cherish. Just cherish.
Catherine R.
Catherine R.
This book is fantastic.  I loved just about everything about it.  It is one of those stories that has you laughing one minute and crying the next.
I have read several books by the author, Jojo Moyes.  I really enjoy her writing style and her character development.  All of her books tend to be romantic but they aren't so over the top with romance and sugar that they are completely devoid of plot.  That is not the case at all with her writing in general, and certainly not with this particular book.
The characters in Me Before You are really fantastic.  They grow with the book.  They seem to mature and develop as the story does.  It's something that makes you want to continue to read.  They mature as their relationship does.  It's a really nice addition to the story line.  If characters don't change or grow, the story can get stale.
The plot of the book is really good.  It's not an easy book.  It makes you ask questions about where you stand on issues such as doctor assisted suicide and whether you thing it is okay.  It makes you ask yourself whether or not continuing to live in misery is the dignity any human deserves.  Like I said, they aren't easy questions and the story isn't always easy but it is always beautiful.
You will laugh, you will cringe, and you will cry but I also really think you will love it.
Valeria N.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good