BY PENGUIN GROUP #9 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?18 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Casey R.
You know that the best kind of books that make you sob when you finish them! This was such a wonderful story, while covering some difficult subjects, I think the author handled those subjects very well. I absolutely loved it and would recommend it to everyone. The movie is wonderful as well!
Heather C.
Pulaski, NY
Loved this book!! After I read it last year, I enjoyed it so much I bought it for 3 different family members for Christmas. I'm usually drawn to a good mystery book so this was something different for me. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the second book.. As soon as I find time :-)
Shelby N.
Brandon, MS
This book was on my list for a long time. It covers topics that are hard to read about, and for me it was very controversial. I loved the storyline, and Louisa was my favorite person/character ever...until the end. The love story is not the focus, in my opinion. I won't give anything away, but it covers very hard topics and the ending was a deal breaker for me. Not a huge fan anymore :(.
Teresa C.
This was probably one of the best books I have ever read. I have to stop to finish it at home to avoid a good public cry. The characters are written with such great perspective. I've read it and recommended it multiple times and will continue to do so!
Amy B.
Really enjoyable book. Relatable main character who is well written. Thought provoking scenario that elicits your sympathy and really makes you think about how you would handle the situation. I thought Wills character was very thoughtfully written. Definitely would recommend.
Emily J.
Saint Louis, MO
I loved this book and finished it in a matter of days. The characters are relatable and Lou is absolutely hilarious and sweet! While I don't agree with the concept of assisted suicide, the book poses some deep questions. Also, the love story is so non-typical and acts as a breath of fresh air in literature. I would defiantly recommend this book, just keep some tissues handy.
Katie M.
Trussville, AL
Had me laughing and crying all the way through. The ending was such a surprise! The book covers an issue not talked about much in our world: medically induced death. The main characters will have you rooting for love and wishing you had even an ounce of the Wit they have.
Alicia Y.
Mcminnville, OR
I really loved this story. It had me hooked from the beginning. I loved the main character and her quirky sense of style and perseverance. Her family annoyed me abbot, especially the older sister. It did not end the way I expected but was still good! I definitely recommend.
Danielle R.
Freehold , NJ
One of the best books I have ever read, it overall teaches reality of situations, jojo moyes did an excellent job with the story. It's heartbreaking but also teaches respecting people's decisions. Everyone should go out and read this book. It is amazing and teaches you so much.
Chloe S.
Lincoln, NE
Definitely one of my favorite young adult romance books. I couldn't put this book down because it was so good, and unlike anything I've ever read before. This is the first book I've read by this author and I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good romance.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good