BY PENGUIN GROUP #8 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Eileen P.
Victorville, CA
If I could write a review with nothing but tears on blank pages it would say what needed to be said. You will cry. Very touching, although I am annoyed by the ending. It's something I relate to with someone in my life and I can't respect it. However, I like the book overall, so I've got to give it a 4.
Dolores B.
Excellent book. Not too long, and every single part of the book is intresting. I tend to skip pages or skim through the back since I get bored from the books I read easily. And with this book I didn't have to skip anything. Every part was interesting. This book truly gets to everyone and is heartbreaking.
Megan D.
I loved this book. It was charming and engaging. It made me laugh and made me cry. It had a great plot and characters that you really felt like you knew by the end of the story. If you read this I would definitely recommend the sequel.. it's good and kind of ties up some loose ends from Me Before You.
I will be honest and say that I read this book because I saw it was being made into a movie. That being said the boook is way better than the movie. The character development and relationships are terrific. It's never boring. I loved reading this and even though sad at times I will read it again.
Kate W.
Williamsburg, KS
Get your Kleenex ready. I didn't know what this book was about before starting it and I was shocked to see such a popular book cover such a controversial topic. It gives you an interesting take on physician assisted suicide with an adorable love story. Overall, it had me hooked very early on and was a great read!
Melinda O.
Fairbanks, AK
I love, really LOVE Me Before You. It was well written, made me laugh and cry. Oh I cried. The story is heartbreakingly beautiful. I wanted to jump into the book and become Louisa and change the outcome. I am dying for the movie to come out so I can watch it come to life, and not just in my head!
Heather C.
Pulaski, NY
Loved this book!! After I read it last year, I enjoyed it so much I bought it for 3 different family members for Christmas. I'm usually drawn to a good mystery book so this was something different for me. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the second book.. As soon as I find time :-)
Casey R.
You know that the best kind of books that make you sob when you finish them! This was such a wonderful story, while covering some difficult subjects, I think the author handled those subjects very well. I absolutely loved it and would recommend it to everyone. The movie is wonderful as well!
Shelby N.
Brandon, MS
This book was on my list for a long time. It covers topics that are hard to read about, and for me it was very controversial. I loved the storyline, and Louisa was my favorite person/character ever...until the end. The love story is not the focus, in my opinion. I won't give anything away, but it covers very hard topics and the ending was a deal breaker for me. Not a huge fan anymore :(.
Amy B.
Really enjoyable book. Relatable main character who is well written. Thought provoking scenario that elicits your sympathy and really makes you think about how you would handle the situation. I thought Wills character was very thoughtfully written. Definitely would recommend.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good