BY PENGUIN GROUP #8 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Kirsten N.
I agree with one of the previous reviews, "beautifully haunting" is the perfect way to describe this book. It was sweet and funny and romantic, but mostly thought provoking. I found myself in love with the characters and found myself sympathizing with both them. It was a sad but beautiful read that was well worth the tears I shed!
Sarah S.
Lexington, KY
This book is an incredibly touching story that's about more than just love. It's about the perception of a full, happy life, and how that might differ for different people. This novel also explores the ethics of controversial medical practices, making it an excellent source to spark discussion about the current state of healthcare end of life practices.
Kimberley J.
College Sta, TX
Loved loved loved this book. My nana recommended it, and said that it was one of her favorites. I laughed; I cried; I wanted more. It's definitely a book that really makes you think....Reevaluate your life....and just go, "Wow." I felt like a different person after reading this. I ended up buying almost all of JoJo Moyes' books. I was that impressed.
Kim O.
Boston, MA
Absolutely amazing!! Definitely one of the best books that I've read in awhile. The characters are well thought out and developed. I love how each person has their own story and own feelings. You feel like you know them by the end of the book. The story is wonderful, so many emotions. I read it in one sitting!
Maddi V.
This book is absolutely incredible. I was on senior trip at the beach when my friend recommended it to me, and I couldn't put it down. It's a hilarious, saddening and beautiful story that I think everyone should read. Also, read it before you see the movie because it just makes it that much better.
Tori G.
Redlands, CA
This book is damn good. I love the story it is amazing and takes you through emotional ups and downs. If you aren't afraid of a book that is going to make you cry then you need to read this. This story was one that needed to be told and I know that over the years I will be rereading this. Pick this book up you need to read it
Dena K.
Ephrata, PA
I must have picked this book up half a dozen times and never made the big purchase. Then I saw the upcoming movie trailer and twos days later a friends recommended it. I knew that I'd made a grave error in judgement. Now I can't put it down! So good!
kat m.
Austin, TX
I bought this book at the airport. I'm usually a fan of romance novels, but this one was so lame. It's not what you think it's going to be about. I don't want to spoil it, but wow I was very disappointed. It's a one sided love story and I don't get why people are so obsessed with it. It's sad and not satisfying at all.
Cindy G.
Charlotte, NC
I love this book i think mainly because the romance is not the is not the focus of the story you learn a lot about the disability and understand why the twist I'm the story, it's very realistic with a touch of romance kindness and understanding
Sandra M.
Glen Ellyn, IL
I had mixed feelings about this book. While I appreciated the complex characters, I was taken aback by the overall approach to disability as an "understandable" reason one would want to take his or her life. That being said, I did like the main character, Lou (bumblebee tights!). Bought this on paperback from Amazon
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good