Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?18 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Bethany F.
Martinsburg, WV
So I have not watched the movie yet but since the book was so good now I will have to check it put to see of its as good as the book, which I highly doubt. This was such a good book and it had me on tears. I am looking forward to reading the second book! I would recommend this book to everyone! I even have my fiancee checking it out now!!
Leah R.
Huntington, NY
I absolutely loved this book!! Fair warning: it's a tear jerker!! This book is about a girl who takes a job working as a companion for a quadriplegic and their bond that then ensues. The writing is superb and throughout the book tells the story from different character's point of views. Definitely a must read - and I just found out there's a sequel, I'm excited to pick that one up!!
Kirsten N.
I agree with one of the previous reviews, "beautifully haunting" is the perfect way to describe this book. It was sweet and funny and romantic, but mostly thought provoking. I found myself in love with the characters and found myself sympathizing with both them. It was a sad but beautiful read that was well worth the tears I shed!
Hannah O.
Warsaw, IN
I'll admit that I only heard of this book because of its recent conversion to the big screen but I'm so glad that I decided to pick it up. I couldn't put it down and was literally crying real tears while reading it. There are also a lot more details and things in the plot that were left out of the movie so be sure to add this to your reading list! Easy to get into.
Sarah S.
Lexington, KY
This book is an incredibly touching story that's about more than just love. It's about the perception of a full, happy life, and how that might differ for different people. This novel also explores the ethics of controversial medical practices, making it an excellent source to spark discussion about the current state of healthcare end of life practices.
Kimberley J.
College Sta, TX
Loved loved loved this book. My nana recommended it, and said that it was one of her favorites. I laughed; I cried; I wanted more. It's definitely a book that really makes you think....Reevaluate your life....and just go, "Wow." I felt like a different person after reading this. I ended up buying almost all of JoJo Moyes' books. I was that impressed.
Kim O.
New Bedford , MA
Absolutely amazing!! Definitely one of the best books that I've read in awhile. The characters are well thought out and developed. I love how each person has their own story and own feelings. You feel like you know them by the end of the book. The story is wonderful, so many emotions. I read it in one sitting!
Tori G.
Redlands, CA
This book is damn good. I love the story it is amazing and takes you through emotional ups and downs. If you aren't afraid of a book that is going to make you cry then you need to read this. This story was one that needed to be told and I know that over the years I will be rereading this. Pick this book up you need to read it
Maddi V.
This book is absolutely incredible. I was on senior trip at the beach when my friend recommended it to me, and I couldn't put it down. It's a hilarious, saddening and beautiful story that I think everyone should read. Also, read it before you see the movie because it just makes it that much better.
Dena K.
Ephrata, PA
I must have picked this book up half a dozen times and never made the big purchase. Then I saw the upcoming movie trailer and twos days later a friends recommended it. I knew that I'd made a grave error in judgement. Now I can't put it down! So good!
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good