Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?18 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Sabrina A.
Saint Louis, MO
I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars. This book was simply amazing. It is funny, sad, and rich with many other emotions. My favorite character would have to be Lou-she's so dorky and funny and full of life despite the fact that she had something bad happened to her. I just wish the ending could have been changed to a different happier ending. Overall this book will be one of my favorites at all times!!!! ❤️
Chelsea M.
I decided to start reading this book when I found out it was going to be made into a movie within the year. I am definitely happy I did! I love the story line, it keeps you hooked and wanting to uncover more about the characters and how things will end up. I also like how it sometimes bounces from different character point of views without being too all over the place. Definitely a must read for just about anyone!
Emily P.
Saint Louis, MO
I absolutely loved this novel. It was an honest novel that told the tale of a man who had so much desire to live life, but was forced by life to not live. This book has repeatedly reminded me that so many times in life we look for quantity and not quality. I think its a great book for women and men in their early 20's and beyond. It certainly reminded me to keep living and to be blessed with the ability to live.
Erin S.
Ann Arbor, MI
This book made me sob. As a person going in to the caregiving field this book hit a soft spot. I related to the main character on so many levels and this story has such a pure, simple love story. I will say that some moral issues are brought to attention, but are handled well and no agendas are pressed on you. It will really open your eyes to learning how to live life boldly. 10/10 recommend to everyone!
Maria C.
Trenton, NJ
I absolutely loved this book! I was interested based on the movie and I can honestly say that I'm so glad I read this before going to see it. The book is funny, it's a easy read, and it keeps you really interested the whole time. I love the chemistry between the two main characters! I really recommend it!
Courtney C.
Hartland, WI
Absolutely loved this book. I think that Death with Dignity is definitely a popular topic nowadays, and I love how this book shows the side of the story that is often not expressed. I think many people believe that it's their duty to convince others that there are reasons to continue living. This book shows that there may not be enough reasons to continue living to some people.
Amber H.
Capodichino, Naples
I would've liked this book better without all the cussing (most of it was british so that didn't bother me). It pushed controversial subjects a lot more than the movie did. Almost came across as preachy. So although I enjoyed it as a whole, I didn't give it to my sisters to read. I think it would give the wrong message to teenagers, especially if they struggle with depression
Leah R.
Huntington, NY
I absolutely loved this book!! Fair warning: it's a tear jerker!! This book is about a girl who takes a job working as a companion for a quadriplegic and their bond that then ensues. The writing is superb and throughout the book tells the story from different character's point of views. Definitely a must read - and I just found out there's a sequel, I'm excited to pick that one up!!
Marivel N.
Los Angeles, CA
Oh my goodness! This is an amazing book! I fell in love with the characters in particularly Will, and was so heartbroken when I reached the end. I was ALMOST in tears. I was telling my boyfriend brief summaries as I read the book and he enjoyed the storyline as well. We can not wait for the movie and see this story be brought to life. ~ "Sometimes love means breaking your own heart"
Bethany F.
Martinsburg, WV
So I have not watched the movie yet but since the book was so good now I will have to check it put to see of its as good as the book, which I highly doubt. This was such a good book and it had me on tears. I am looking forward to reading the second book! I would recommend this book to everyone! I even have my fiancee checking it out now!!
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good