BY PENGUIN GROUP #34 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?18 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This writer, Jojo Moyes, has a true gift. I am an avid reader. I reader will read just about any book that is put in front of me. However, there has NEVER been a book that has affected me in the quite the way that this book did.
When I first began reading this book I thought I had it all figured out from the start. Poor waitress looses her job in little cafe, goes to work for a rich man that is sick, they will fall in love. He will buy her cafe and they will live happily ever after. Boy was I wrong!!!! The author managed to take a very sensitive topic, assisted suicided, and talk about it through the eyes of different people that would really be experiencing it. Until reading this book I always believed that it was wrong and murder. After reading this story I don't know what to think anymore.
A more beautiful love story could not have been written. I have never stayed up crying until 2:30 in the morning two nights in a row because of a book before. True sobbing, not just a little tear here and there.
My fifteen year old daughter read this book before I did. When I was done I walked into her room sobbing. She said "I know mom" and we just stood there crying and hugging. I don't believe that there will ever be another book like this one. I don't want to see the movie. I don't want Hollywood to ruin what was written so beautifully.
If you are considering reading this book, get a box of tissues, a glass of wine and be ready to begin a very emotional journey. I could barely read the last 40 pages I was crying so hard!
Caitlin P.
Shakopee, MN
This was one of those books I loved so much but threw across the room when I was done reading it. Then sulked over, picked it up and put it on my favorite bookshelf. Jojo is an amazing writer I haven’t read anything by her that I didn’t like. The story really makes you stop and think about the world around you and specifically what the people closest to you may or may not need and be telling you. It’s a quick easy read so if you haven’t read it I definitely recommend picking it up
Kayla W.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I avoided reading this book ever since I heard about it because I just knew it was gonna break my heart. But when I heard about the movie coming out, I knew I just had to read this book and I am glad that I let this book break my heart a little. I devoured this book over the course of 24 hours and cried several times while reading this. Sometimes we forget how good we have it until we come across someone who doesn't. I loved the way this book tackled the important issues. I loved Louisa and Will. This book was beautifully real. It's the kind of book that everyone should read at some point in their lives because it will make you a better person.
Claudia V.
San Benito, TX
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I cannot describe how much I love this book! When I first started reading it I thought I had the whole story figured out. A girl loses her job as a waitress meets a cute rich guy who is paralyzed from the waist down. And they fall in love. I thought she was going to change his mind about going through the procedure that basically kills him while he's asleep. But the ending was totally different than what I thought! Had me crying so much!!! I recommend this book to everyone! It's not your typical romance book!
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I am a big fan of JoJo Moyes and have read several of her books so far. I love how easily a reader can jump into her stories and relate the the characters and try to think of how you would react in the same circumstances. This story really brings you to tears towards the end and you wish everything could be happy happy for the ending but not always the case in literature and real life so that is what makes it a great book.  Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Oksanna S.
Hollis, NY
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I stumbled upon this book shortly before the movie trailer was released, and I decided to read it before I see the movie.

I have not cried that hard since Dobby's death and I don't say that lightly. The book was a bit slow in the beginning, but then it sucks you in like an emotional tornado. I loved every second.
Erika E.
This book is just so wonderfully written.I fell in love with both Clark and Will.
Clark is so whimsy,sweet,and as the movie showed she is a savvy quirky dresser (I bought the bumblebee tights)
Upon reading it I realized life as it is and can be is amazing.
As Will told Louisa (Clark) -
“You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.”
My life mantra after reading this fantastic story.
If you love rich and complex characters as well as a wonderful story this books is worth a read.
Allie S.
GAP, PA
mleh. I know everyone goes on and on about this book, but I really did NOT like it. I found it depressing, and not especially well-written. I guess I didn't relate to the subject, and couldn't identify with the main characters or their motivation. But hey, it was made into a movie, so it MUST be good...
Desiree P.
Parker, CO
This book exceeded my expectations and the writing is excellent you feel all the emotions the characters are feeling in the book. I don’t think I have ever cried so hard with a book that after this book I had to give myself time before I read another book because this book is so excellent
Belle B.
Matheny, WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I gave this book three stars because it utterly depressed me to my core. It was sad and only got sadder till it ended with a puddle of you tears slowly drowning you. It’s written incredibly but it will also make you cry till you can’t breath.
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good