BY PENGUIN GROUP #9 in Books

The beloved New York Times bestseller-with more than five million copies sold-by the author of One Plus One and The Girl You Left Behind They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life-steady boyfriend, close family-who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life-big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel-and now he's pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy-but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. A Love Story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn't have less in common-a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart The stunning sequel, After You, will be published on 9/29 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking.

• How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?17 Answers
  • I'm excited to read this book! I loved the movie! Is this actuall...1 Answers
  • Only saw movie. Is the book a lot different?5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Bookworm Expert
I am a big fan of JoJo Moyes and have read several of her books so far. I love how easily a reader can jump into her stories and relate the the characters and try to think of how you would react in the same circumstances. This story really brings you to tears towards the end and you wish everything could be happy happy for the ending but not always the case in literature and real life so that is what makes it a great book.  Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Erika E.
This book is just so wonderfully written.I fell in love with both Clark and Will.
Clark is so whimsy,sweet,and as the movie showed she is a savvy quirky dresser (I bought the bumblebee tights)
Upon reading it I realized life as it is and can be is amazing.
As Will told Louisa (Clark) -
“You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.”
My life mantra after reading this fantastic story.
If you love rich and complex characters as well as a wonderful story this books is worth a read.
Junior H.
Tampa
I read it cover to cover in one sitting and loved it.  Then had to immediately read Me After You.  Excellent books.   I tend to prefer reading a book than watching a movie because you can imagine your own settings instead of watching what someone else thinks it should be.
Bianca C.
I basically started crying half way through this book and didn't stop until 20 mins after finishing it... I also happened to be sitting next to someone on an airplane, pretty sure they thought I was crazy. Without spoiling it for anyone this is a very emotional book. Again I think they romanticized an illness like the fault in our stars but I don't think it was as bad. I think the characters are people you just fall in love with. Good read, grab a box ps tissues and give it a go.
Alexia M.
Astoria, NY
I enjoyed this book very much.  It's a quick read and it's packed with emotions.  There's a great romantic component but overall it's extremely sad.  I enjoy the quirkiness of the main character and the way the author captures her.  In addition, the struggles the supporting character faces were very well written and was great character development.  Overall, if you're looking for a sweet romantic but also sad read then it's for you.
Megan W.
Big stone gap, VA
I purchased the book and read it before watching the movie and it was well worth my money. It’s such an amazing story if you don’t like reading, then I definitely recommend watching the movie. They were both awesome.
Jackie K.
North Reading, MA
Bookworm Expert
This book should make one realize that some decisions are intensely personal and that one should not judge such decisions harshly, even though one may have walked in those very same shoes. After all, no two people are exactly alike. This is a wonderful, thought provoking and deeply moving book on the vicissitudes of life and the difficult decisions with which one may sometimes be faced.
Taylor F.
Toledo, OH
This book is one of my favorites, ever. It's heartbreakingly beautiful, romantic, and frustrating all at the same time. I read this book within two days and couldn't put it down. People rave about this movie, but the book is so much better, if that's possible. I'd recommend this to any hopeless romantic of any age!
Emily K.
Charlotte
Maybe since I envisioned the characters as Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin, I was more connected to the characters, than I think I would normally be, But by the time I was on the last quarter of the book, I was sobbing. The book raises some good questions about quality of life and living for a person.
Miranda V.
Bookworm Expert
I really like this book. Sometimes I like a challenging book that makes me think and other times I prefer an easy read that lets my mind wonder with imagination and that’s what this book is. A really easy read with a story line that’s easy to follow but really great story!
Valeria N.
How many have laughed and cried while reading this book?
Monet H.
Is this book worth the read? And is there a followup to this book?
Edith C.
Temple, TX
How good is this book? I really want to read it. But I am not sure.
Sarah K.
This is a movie right? Is it good
Sarah K.
Is this a good book? I haven't heard anything about it